42 coaches online • Server time: 11:33
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
bghandras

Post   Posted: Apr 20, 2015 - 13:18 Reply with quote Back to top

You should not apo a MNG most of the time with delves. It is not a big issue if a player misses the game, and there is significant chance that the apo does not give you back the player for the current match. Either use it on a KO during a stally drive, use on a BH to get the player back 100%, or use it on a serious perm on an important player.

Post   Posted: Apr 20, 2015 - 14:03 Reply with quote Back to top

2 babes beats a runner any day.
Killing_Time

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2015 - 11:31 Reply with quote Back to top

I'll have to check the TV difference.
I'm very loath to go into a game against Chaos without a bench - and the Runner does at least have block.
bghandras

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2015 - 11:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Apothecary is also not too bad. You have a choice to go into the game extra protective way, and aim for a draw. You probably need to start the game, score with 11 players as slow as possible. You wont have many players to defend in the next half, but you will be up by 1-0 in the half, and assuming the opponent takes a "quick" score, then you only need to protect the ball, then throw over. It will be a 1-1 draw.
Killing_Time

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2015 - 11:50 Reply with quote Back to top

A spare apothecary could well be useful, though I suspect the babes would be better.
Wizard is definitely first priority though.
He has a horrific cpomb minotaur that leads the league in kills, and I figure a T1 pre-emptive strike with a lightning bolt will go down well with the fans.
mrbibitte3

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2015 - 15:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Rat_Salat wrote:

Poor runner ! Being beaten by two babes must be a shaming experience !
Leilond

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2015 - 15:28 Reply with quote Back to top

mrbibitte3 wrote:
Rat_Salat wrote:

Poor runner ! Being beaten by two babes must be a shaming experience !

This is the reason my records are so bad. I know it's a TV waste, I know that 80% of the time his P access (the only things that he get more than a blitzer) worth nothing... but cannot play my darkelf without two of them... and make them thrower and catcher... only to see every now and then a dump-off that works... so a big waste, but these moments are soooo fluffy
NickNutria

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2015 - 15:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Other than most other players here on fumbbl, my teams just love to throw the ball. I know it is risky, but for me it is a great game option, if bashing the opponent doesn't work. I would try to build your str4ag5 into a fantastic thrower. With pass or accurate as 5th skill, str4 blodge is hard to knock down and ag5 is fantastic for throwing. Leap is a nice skill for catchers or blitzers, I wouldn't give it to runners.
Leilond

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2015 - 15:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Well... leap is nice for every AG5 players... for throwers, lines, catchers and blitzer... it simply create a nightmare for your opponent, that live with the feeling that the player will go where he has business, and stop
Killing_Time

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2015 - 15:50 Reply with quote Back to top

[quote="Leilond"]
mrbibitte3 wrote:
Rat_Salat wrote:

but cannot play my darkelf without two of them... and make them thrower and catcher... only to see every now and then a dump-off that works... so a big waste, but these moments are soooo fluffy

This is exactly why I'm running two of them, but the first runner spoilt everything by getting his freakish stats, and it turned him into a blitzing ball carrier instead.
The second one was always going to look like a spare part after that.
licker

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2015 - 16:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Killing_Time wrote:
A spare apothecary could well be useful, though I suspect the babes would be better.
Wizard is definitely first priority though.
He has a horrific cpomb minotaur that leads the league in kills, and I figure a T1 pre-emptive strike with a lightning bolt will go down well with the fans.

Apoth if you are more worried about your next game(s). Babes if you want to win this one.

I hope you're not serious about bolting the mino Laughing

OMG, a chaos team with a killer mino??? That's luck, if he has to blitz with him instead of something else it's wasted a few times a game.

You save the wizard for either a shot at blowing up the cage and stealing the ball, or just hitting the ball carrier on turn 8 to prevent a score. This happens frequently enough if you are sound in your defense and able to keep them from advancing the ball to the goal line, if you drop a bolt on them at the 6 they can't score (assuming some other things about the position). Even just bolting them closer if they are out of rrs can prevent the score 33% of the time (assume no sure hands or AG4).

If you're lucky (and or good) you run a nice stall drive and still have the wizard for the 2nd half. Of course if they get the ball first and bash you off the pitch on their drive you're probably screwed, but oh well there.
Killing_Time

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2015 - 17:03 Reply with quote Back to top

He has 2 Ag4 beasts, one with multiple arms and 2 heads, and maybe SH - I'll have to check.
A couple of MB warriors and the killer minotaur are his main bashing threat.
I think the Mino is CPOMB + Jug + Block. Yes he loses a blitz to WA now and again, but it's super effective (and scary) much of the time.

I'm only semi serious about bolting the Mino...

Yep, I'll play the deep stalling defense against him and try to disrupt and steal.
Hopefully I keep enough players on the pitch to stay effective, which will be easier if I can limit him to just the single blitz per turn.
His team doesn't lead the league in kills for no reason though, so I'm expecting a pretty brutal affair.
Wink Wink
Smeat

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2015 - 22:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Killing_Time wrote:
Yep, I'll play the deep stalling defense against him and try to disrupt and steal.

You're saying 2 diff things here.

The double-deep "stonewall" defense is all about discipline and patience, often refusing blocks* or even a Blitz to maintain that pattern of 2-deep, 3-apart (or so). The idea is that, alone, will frustrate your oppo and cause him to make a mistake - and THAT is when you steal.

(* You don't want to move up an assist if that means you then won't be in formation for that stonewall defense.)

So you don't "try to disrupt"- you try to slow him and frustrate him. When he sees that he's running out of time to score, he'll either accept that or (far more likely) try something risky - that's when you pounce.

(If you run low on players (< 10), you can often leave 2-3 squares open on one side - if he tries to blitz a player away to squeeze in there, he's still marked by the 2nd player, and often that's enough to crack the half-cage on the sidelines.

And if you have a Leaper, surf city.

Killing_Time wrote:
Hopefully I keep enough players on the pitch to stay effective, which will be easier if I can limit him to just the single blitz per turn.

His team doesn't lead the league in kills for no reason though, so I'm expecting a pretty brutal affair.

Kick first - you'll have your whole team to defend with from the start, which is not necessary to score w/ Ag 4.

If he can only get 1 Blitz/Turn, and uses the Mino, that's only ~13 Blitzes/game. If he uses Piling On, perhaps less, as his MA is then lower.

And if you have the players and opportunity, foul the CRP out of him. That'll make him think twice about PO'ing, and should at least get a Stun to remove 1 turn of Blitzing. Wink

(...and what exactly do you think they do with all those dead players?...)

Last edited by Smeat on %b %21, %2015 - %23:%Apr; edited 1 time in total
licker

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2015 - 23:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
A couple of MB warriors and the killer minotaur are his main bashing threat.

Oh hell, that's nothing, you should be fine, just the lure the Mino to some place stupid and laugh at it the rest of the game.
Killing_Time

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2015 - 09:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Smeat wrote:
Killing_Time wrote:

You're saying 2 diff things here.

The double-deep "stonewall" defense is all about discipline and patience, often refusing blocks* or even a Blitz to maintain that pattern of 2-deep, 3-apart (or so). The idea is that, alone, will frustrate your oppo and cause him to make a mistake - and THAT is when you steal.

(* You don't want to move up an assist if that means you then won't be in formation for that stonewall defense.)

So you don't "try to disrupt"- you try to slow him and frustrate him. When he sees that he's running out of time to score, he'll either accept that or (far more likely) try something risky - that's when you pounce.

This is what I mean by deep AND disruptive.
I'm obviously not going to try to do both at the same time, but I find with Dark Elves it's possible to defend deep while still sniping at the edges with blitzes and looking to provoke the mistake a turn or two early.
 Jump to: