49 coaches online • Server time: 14:30
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
buuface

Post   Posted: Apr 25, 2015 - 06:21 Reply with quote Back to top

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7i4d3ignBNQ

Long time Total War player here, although i have been somewhat disappointed with every release since Medieval; Viking Invasion.

One awesome thing about the TW franchise is the modding community is very talented and very active, and usually less than a year after any release a full overhaul mod has been created with improves and enhances the original experience by ten times.

Also interesting is that it seems as though the setting will be the original war-hammer world rather than the END TIMES scenario which personally hate. Probably End Times will be released as a DLC campaign later on.

Thoughts?
RedDevilCG

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2015 - 08:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Thought: I wish it was a 40k version.
Gadfly

Post   Posted: May 28, 2015 - 17:47 Reply with quote Back to top

This whole release is lame & over blown.

There has been a Warhammer Total War game/mod out for quite some time now.

When I first got it I played it almost religiously every day (for at least a few months). It's an awesome game, & covers ALL of the warhammer world, whether it's place or race, this game has it. I still play it every now & then. I have a few races on the go, but at the moment I have one hell of a nasty Vampire Counts army.

No matter what they put into this "new" version of Warhammer Total War, the current mod version will still be just as good, or better, & best of all FREE.

I see this "new" release of Warhammer Total War as nothing more than a waste of money, & time. Alot of over blow hype around something that already existed.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: May 28, 2015 - 23:46 Reply with quote Back to top

I find all of this pretty interesting, I must admit I haven't really looked into the series.

It has the elements I enjoy in a game though.

1. A type of game I like.
2. A great engine.
3. The ability to be modded and has a community that does modding for free.

I think I'll check out this modded version.
garyt1

Post   Posted: Jun 18, 2015 - 00:32 Reply with quote Back to top

I am really looking forward to this, and don't see why anyone would expect an older mod would be better. The Total War series is brilliant, the battle part at least should be excellent. The map, diplomacy and strategy part varies with different releases and implementation of magic may be tricky. But it was done ok in Dark Omen.

Post   Posted: Jun 24, 2015 - 17:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Magic and flying units will be the interesting additions
garyt1

Post   Posted: Jun 25, 2015 - 03:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Apparently this will be the first of a Trilogy. Presumably that will be with different maps and perhaps not all races in all versions. Judging by the description the first will be centred on the Empire.

Post   Posted: Nov 04, 2015 - 23:58 Reply with quote Back to top

I think it will be great fun though I don't think I'll get it until I can play lizardmen

The Black Pearl Bounty-Board.

GUARD CONQUERS ALL!
 Jump to: