48 coaches online • Server time: 15:23
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
origami

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2005 - 19:00 Reply with quote Back to top

I've always liked Forest Goblins, so I've been waiting for somebody to present a roster for quite a while now. However, after nearly a year, I've gotten tired of waiting...

Forest Goblins

0-12 Forest Goblins 6/2/3/7 Dodge, Right Stuff, Stunty 40k (A)

0-2 Forest Goblin Thrower 6/2/3/7 Strong Arm, Pass, Stunty 60k (A,P)

0-4 Forest Goblin Runner 8/2/3/5 Dodge, NOS, Stunty 60k (A)

0-2 Forest Goblin Spider Rider 6/4/3/8 Big Guy, Bonehead, Shadowing 120k (G,A)

Rerolls 60k

Apothecary: Yes
Wizard: No

Star Players

Urga Ironfang 6/5/3/8 Block, Tackle, Shadowing, MB 110k

Niggla Glasstoes 8/3/3/5 Block/Dodge/NOS/Extra Arms/Catch 70k

Fluff - Forest Goblins have been part of the greenskin horde for quite a while...so now it's only right that they take a spot on the Astro-Granite. Plus, goblins riding giant spiders are just plain fun.

What's Special About Them:

These guys have a decent passing game. I'm not counting gnomes, because they are more of a bombing, TTM team that can throw the ball...to very, very slow receivers. This team, however, has excellent receivers...who will likely die like flies due to their AV of 5. The thrower starts out with strong arm to counteract the stunty passing penalty. The other alternative would have been to make him non-stunty, but that makes a player a little too tough in this league.

Also, these guys have a big guy whose purpose is different than most of the other teams. With st 4 and without strength access, he's not a damage dealer. Instead, with A access, MV 6, and AG 3, he's meant more for mobility - screening your ball carrier, blitzing, or even acting as a ball carrier himself.

Potential Problems:

The Spider Riders might be a little too good, especially with several skills. A st 4/blodgey ball carrier would be very difficult for the little guys to stop, and he would be fast enough to stay out of the way of the Trolls/Ogres/etc who have the strength to stomp on him. On the other hand, with Big Guy and Bonehead, he wouldn't exactly be a reliable ball carrier. Also, the decreased str and AV 8 would give him a significantly decreased lifespan when compared to most Big Guys.

The Runners are either too good or not good enough. With AG 3, they make decent receivers, but not great ones. Ag 4 is out of the question, but Extra arms would give them a better chance of catching the ball. On the other hand, MV 8 is quite impressive in stunty and might make scoring a little too easy. One option would be to give them MV 7 and Extra Arms.

The Star Players are very good, especially Urga. I'd rather not imbalance these guys in tournament play (like normal normal goblins, with their excellent star player access), so it might be best to drop him.
thmbscrws

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2005 - 21:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Look like skinks with passers that start with a lot of passing skills and have two big guy equivalants that are argueably better than the sauruses skinks used to have. In other words, overpowered as all hell.

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2005 - 23:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Drop Right Stuff. You don't have TTM, so it isn't needed.

Strong Arm is too much on starting Throwers, compare them to others in the Stunty Leeg. They have Passing access; let it wait for the doubles roll. You might want to give them Dodge for consistency, same price.

I also think you should consider calling them Catchers rather than Runners. Make them 8 1 3 6 NoS, Dodge, Stunty 60k - A

On the Spider Riders, how about 6 4 3 8 Shadowing, Very Long Legs, Big Guy, Wild Animal 110k - AS? Access to General skills doesn't seem right as the mount is only as smart as the rider can direct it to be. Agility and strength access could be interesting, especially since it gives lots of spider-like skill options.
Nordmark

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2005 - 23:54 Reply with quote Back to top

I like it. Of course the changes that MindWright talks about sounds very interesting.

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2005 - 11:43 Reply with quote Back to top

I like it. Easy background, nice and playable. Good work. I agree with mindwright and would like to help playtesting.
Smess

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2005 - 11:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Spider riders should have AG2
mutescreamer

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2005 - 12:48 Reply with quote Back to top

looks good...but the stars look a wee bit tough for my liking.....could do with something a bit more fluffy......either an uber spider rider or a shamen with hypnotic gaze or other suitably interesting powers
Boelcke

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2005 - 12:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Really like the idea...as for balance; ask someone else Smile
Tesifonte

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2005 - 13:14 Reply with quote Back to top

lol strongarm in a stunty player is madness imo

TaChIkOmA! \o/
pbateman

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2005 - 13:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Agree with both Smess and mutescreamer. Ag 2 would represent the difficulty of handling a ball and handling a giant spider at the same time and a shaman would be realy cool. How about:
0-1 Forest Goblin Shaman 5 2 3 6 foul app. hypno gaze, stunty. A 60K
Foul app: represents all the spiders(If you remember the old fluff)
Hypno gaze: His magical power
No dodge: an old shaman with a stick and tattered robes shouldn't have dodge or good armour.
Tactical use: an old withered gobbo that hangs around the back and puts people off. Not strong, not skillful but fun and interesting and occasionally useful.
pbateman

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2005 - 13:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh and cut the throwers completely. Sorry dude it doesn't fit with the background and it's not really balanced either. I mean where are they going to practice throwing in a dark wood?
mutescreamer

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2005 - 12:24 Reply with quote Back to top

I like this team
MindWright

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2005 - 23:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Origami? Are you going to build a roster for hunter's playtest?
origami

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2005 - 00:42 Reply with quote Back to top

MindWright wrote:
Origami? Are you going to build a roster for hunter's playtest?

I've thought about it, but I don't really have any idea of how to build the html roster that he requires. If somebody would give me a few pointers, I'd love to add them to his play test.
hunter

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2005 - 01:01 Reply with quote Back to top

You can make a .html roster simply by taking any existing roster (click on the R next to the team) and modifying it. To do so, save the existing roster to your computer, then open it with a web page program like Microsoft Frontpage or a word processing program like Microsoft Word. Then it is a simple matter of deleting the old information and adding the new! If you run into problems, send me a message. If you aren't able to get it completed, send me the lineup of what you think a typical team would entail, and I'll make one for you.

Good luck!

~hunter