24 coaches online • Server time: 04:29
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Which?
+st
85%
 85%  [ 48 ]
NOS
3%
 3%  [ 2 ]
Guard
5%
 5%  [ 3 ]
Something else
5%
 5%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 56

licker

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2015 - 23:29 Reply with quote Back to top

These aren't question threads, these are brag threads.

With NoS red herrings thrown in to confuse you!
seanh1986

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2015 - 06:22 Reply with quote Back to top

licker wrote:
What is this fascination with NoS all of a sudden?

I think it has to do with the help guide on skill choices for woodelves: Link

It recommends NoS before Guard for a WE catcher... So, certainly, most new players would use that as a guide... I don't really think NoS is worth the TV you pay for it.
licker

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2015 - 06:45 Reply with quote Back to top

NoS is barely worth the TV pro elf catchers pay for it!

*kidding, kidding*

It's actually quite nice on them, but actually wasting a skill slot for it? I mean, randomly now and then on some weird player sure, as a general skill to shoot for?

Um, no.
Fortis

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2015 - 07:17 Reply with quote Back to top

I took it on a High Elf Catcher once. It's nowhere near as good a use of a double as MB or Guard. I'd agree with that logic even to the extent of taking guard on a S2 catcher.

But yeah... if you don't know that you just take +ST one WE catchers then you need your head examined.
PaddyMick

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2015 - 10:34 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
licker wrote:
What is this fascination with NoS all of a sudden?

Agree

I like it a lot but can see why coaches wouldn't take it on AG4.

I'm building a 4 catcher human team and will be playing the passing game. I plan to take it on doubles. I also plan to take Diving Catch on normal rolls, more for the +1 to catch an accurate pass, but also because I will get HMP on my defensive thrower.

I'd value your opinions. Please note I can accept TV bloat.

(sorry to derail thread but looks like OP already chose his skill)
licker

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2015 - 16:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Where does NoS really help you? When you're marked.

What else do you need when you are marked to have a good chance at getting unmarked after catching the ball?

Well, AG4+, Leap, Dodge.

Sorry, I cannot see it on humans. Maybe on the thrower for the odd times you need to pass from a tackle zone?

The other place it is really cool is when you have dump off. Normally dump off will be affected by the fact that you are always marked when you use it, but NoS on an AG4 means every dump off will be a 2+. This is the pro-elf offense (or one of them). Makes it very hard to get the ball out unless they roll a 1 on the pass (or you roll a 6 on the interception, assuming you have someone to intercept.

2 pro elf catchers, you can leave the ball exposed to a blitz, but put the other catcher ahead or to the side 3 spaces so that he can't be marked by the same player marking/blitzing the ball. Then the opponent needs 3 (usually) players to mark and blitz both elfs. But it doesn't matter because the 1st elf has NoS and dump off, so his pass is a 2+, the other elf has NoS and Catch, so his catch is a 1/36 fail. And you can't hit both of them...

It's fun to build, it's entertainingly effective as well, but it requires you to take dump off on a doubles, which I would argue is actually better value for most AG4 teams than NoS. Heck, I even took dump off on an AG4 zon catcher for grins.

It even worked well enough to let that team win a National Championship in the NCBB!
Rat_Salat

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2015 - 18:01 Reply with quote Back to top

NOS is good when you have 3-4 players with it.

If you only have one NOS player, guess which catcher gets the blitz while your opponent double-marks the others?

Obviously NOS has some other uses, but I would suggest none of those are quite as useful as guard.
 Jump to: