58 coaches online • Server time: 19:38
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Having issues launch...goto Post Gnome Box ranking pa...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
happygrue

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2015 - 15:13 Reply with quote Back to top

straume wrote:

Then again I don`t really see the point in casual games her at Fumbbl either (no offense meant). You will meet someone that are likely building their team, and that doesn`t make for a good competitive match.

I agree with you the leagues are a fun way to play a mix of folks. Casual games can indeed be hit or miss, but FUMBBL has a number of metagroups that can give some purpose and "league community" even in these pickup games. I'm not sure if Cyanide has something similar, I don't remember hearing about any but maybe they are there and I just don't know it. Here are my favorites, two are for the box only and one is either box or ranked. These groups have hundreds of members and we joke around with each other in the same way that sometimes happens in a league.

ARR
HLP
E.L.F.

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2015 - 18:53 Reply with quote Back to top

JimmyFantastic wrote:
I don't really understand the technical side but they play over lan and have some kind of software which handles the team management aspect.

What's the league? Disconnects for me are a big downside of Cyanide league play.

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2015 - 19:09 Reply with quote Back to top

sann0638 wrote:
JimmyFantastic wrote:
I don't really understand the technical side but they play over lan and have some kind of software which handles the team management aspect.

What's the league? Disconnects for me are a big downside of Cyanide league play.

For all the moaning about bugs etc this was the deal breaker.

If you can suspend a match and rejoin it a day or two later then that is a big step forward.

What kind of models do they have for slann & the missing stars?

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2015 - 19:25 Reply with quote Back to top

The league is the OFL - http://www.shalkith.com/bloodbowl/

For Slann they call them Goblin Circus and have Hobgoblins for Blitzers, Pogoers for Catchers, Goblins for Linemen and UW Troll for Krox.
For the missing stars they use level 7 (I know) models of an appropriate position.
Discos are still a pain in the ass, have to submit the files to the program up to the disco, then start a new game, recreate the game state and finish it then email the commissioner those files then he stitches them together somehow.

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2015 - 21:17 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah, join our league!

Full CRP, bruh Smile
pythrr

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2015 - 21:25 Reply with quote Back to top

seriously, you have to manually recreate the game?

sorry, but screw that

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2015 - 21:27 Reply with quote Back to top

mardaed wrote:
koadah, join our league!

Full CRP, bruh Smile

O[L]C Rules or forget it, Wink

1. Fouling +1 to armour roll.
2. Claw does not stack with other skills that modify armour rolls.
3. Piling On allows coach to reroll injury only.
4. Right Stuff prevents the Tackle skill when blocked.
5. Sneaky Git functions like Guard on foul assists.
6. Banned sneaky git players are sent to the KO box instead.

Edit: What plan do you have for BB2? Wait it out for more races?

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2015 - 21:41 Reply with quote Back to top

I play both, still not decided on BB2, but I'll likely get sucked in. I prefer playing here due to higher quality of player (both skill wise and personal integrity), but Pacific Time zone leaves me with difficulty getting games during the evenings, so I will play Cyanide if I can't get a game on gamefinder. Cyanide issues include unfixed bugs preventing proper set up for kick offs (will they *ever* fix that???), disconnecting players, and generally poor attitudes from other coaches. fumbbl coaches are in general much more friendly and will chat during a game.
mardaed

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2015 - 21:50 Reply with quote Back to top

@mikere, if you want skill, then come to OFL, I"m PST too.

@koadah
Unfortunately we cannot change the rule set through mods... otherwise we would have done so already Smile. (Would have loved to include fan favorite)

We don't have a plan for BB2 yet. We're most likely going to wait out and stick with BB1 for now.
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2015 - 22:04 Reply with quote Back to top

All I want to do is be able to get Fumbbl replay files to load into the Cyanide game so you can replay epic games in a more visually interesting way for people rewatching the replay. Replay wrapper go go go
mardaed

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2015 - 22:19 Reply with quote Back to top

dude... that would rock.
sann0638

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2015 - 22:45 Reply with quote Back to top

pythrr wrote:
seriously, you have to manually recreate the game?

sorry, but screw that

Have to agree with this, unfortunately.

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2015 - 23:02 Reply with quote Back to top

I started playing BB in BB1 and came over to FUMMBL and TT afterwords. I will most definitely be buying BB2 on release, as will many (MANY) other league coaches that are big TT'ers as well. Yes the AI sucks, yes MM sucks, yes there were some bugs (that could be frustrating), but the main thing is IT'S BB period and another way to play and get more games. I run a league in Cyanide now and we are porting the league to BB2 on release (even with only 8 races) and we still don't know if more races will be available at launch as DLC. Most of our league will be buying the game at release and porting over with it.

League play is where both FUMBBL and Cyanide is at. That is where you get the best games against the best talent and players out there and that is what drives me to play BB, no matter the platform.

A DM only rolls the dice because of the noise they make -- Gary Gygax

Last edited by TheSpydyr on %b %28, %2015 - %02:%Apr; edited 1 time in total
koadah

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2015 - 23:04 Reply with quote Back to top

mrt1212 wrote:
All I want to do is be able to get Fumbbl replay files to load into the Cyanide game so you can replay epic games in a more visually interesting way for people rewatching the replay. Replay wrapper go go go

I'd say the other way round. Cyanide replays seemed painful to watch for me. Have they cut out all the "waiting time" yet?

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2015 - 23:11 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
mrt1212 wrote:

I'd say the other way round. Cyanide replays seemed painful to watch for me. Have they cut out all the "waiting time" yet?

I actually think they've come a decent way from BB1 in terms of graphical representation of the game. It's just, well, the rest of it was rubbish and buggy.
 Jump to: