13 coaches online • Server time: 06:26
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post test mode doesnt wor...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
coombz

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2015 - 23:57 Reply with quote Back to top

i expect this to be another steaming pile of turd, just with an upgraded graphics engine bolted on

i'm not exaggerating for effect, i can almost 100% guarantee you that it's going to be the same badly coded POS, just with new graphics...they aren't going to spend the money to start from scratch, i promise you

i'll maybe pick it up when the 'definitive edition' (with all the DLC teams added) is on sale

no effing way i'd buy it at launch

That's Trailer Park Life.
Tantibus

Post   Posted: Apr 28, 2015 - 02:01 Reply with quote Back to top

I dislike the limited 8 starting teams, and I find the new aging player rule ridiculous.

Player can randomly decide to retire after a hand full of games? Not for me.
TheSpydyr

Post   Posted: Apr 28, 2015 - 02:24 Reply with quote Back to top

They have already said that the aging player rule can be turned off in custom leagues. And also, it is well known and established already that the entire code base is, in fact, being completely re-written and they have started from scratch. Anyone that played the first iteration knows that was one of the reasons why bugs didn't get fixed because their code base was crap. It is a completely new engine with a new code base and new graphics.

Don't slam it until it comes out and we at least give it a chance to be bad or good. I'm not holding my breath because it is Cyanide...but like I said in the earlier post; it's another outlet to play BB and that, in the end, is all that really matters.

A DM only rolls the dice because of the noise they make -- Gary Gygax
licker

Post   Posted: Apr 28, 2015 - 02:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes and no.

Another crap outlet that makes fewer people appreciate the underlying beauty within...

I've nothing really invested in whether or not it is ultimately successful, but part of me hopes for utter failure which drives more players here.
coombz

Post   Posted: Apr 28, 2015 - 03:09 Reply with quote Back to top

TheSpydyr wrote:
it is well known and established already that the entire code base is, in fact, being completely re-written and they have started from scratch.

would you like to buy some magic beans?

That's Trailer Park Life.
pythrr

Post   Posted: Apr 28, 2015 - 03:57 Reply with quote Back to top

i think TheSpydyr is selling such beans...

Post   Posted: Apr 28, 2015 - 04:16 Reply with quote Back to top

dangit pythrr, you caught me Wink

A DM only rolls the dice because of the noise they make -- Gary Gygax
mardaed

Post   Posted: Apr 28, 2015 - 08:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Koadah, you can speed through with '+'.
straume

Post   Posted: Apr 28, 2015 - 09:58 Reply with quote Back to top

licker wrote:
Yes and no.

Another crap outlet that makes fewer people appreciate the underlying beauty within...

I've nothing really invested in whether or not it is ultimately successful, but part of me hopes for utter failure which drives more players here.

On the contrary. The better the game is, the more players generated and the more players likely to head over to fumbbl.
koadah

Post   Posted: Apr 28, 2015 - 11:13 Reply with quote Back to top

mardaed wrote:

Does that actually cut out the "wait time" or just speed up the whole thing so that you can't keep track of the actual moves?

I do actually own chaos edition but I can't be arsed to reinstall it anywhere to check this stuff out Wink

Post   Posted: Apr 28, 2015 - 11:42 Reply with quote Back to top

It speeds up the whole thing and you can't rewind. The replay function is pretty basic but I do think it would be cool to watch replays of fumbbl classics on it.

Post   Posted: Apr 28, 2015 - 16:36 Reply with quote Back to top

mardaed wrote:

This has never worked on my laptop Rolling Eyes

Post   Posted: Apr 28, 2015 - 16:48 Reply with quote Back to top

straume wrote:
licker wrote:
Yes and no.

On the contrary. The better the game is, the more players generated and the more players likely to head over to fumbbl.

If the BB2 experience is 'good', then why would the players who start there come to fumbbl in any significant numbers?

Yes, there are a handful who have come here from the 1st game, but I can't see much of a reason for most of them to come here unless they simply cannot play the cyanide version due to whatever issues it has (might have).

The communities are pretty different I think, and what fumbblers want we don't get from BB2 (other than sheer player base perhaps), but what BB2 players want, they may not get from fumbbl either.

Still, the more players in general the better, my pipe dream was more along the lines of BB2 being so awful that all of the community is forced to come to fumbbl (not that everyone would want that either Smile) and just swell up the player base here.
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Apr 28, 2015 - 17:09
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

I stumbled upon this today and it brought to mind the cyanide business model. Made me chuckle at least so thought I'd share Smile
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Apr 28, 2015 - 17:36 Reply with quote Back to top

licker wrote:
straume wrote:
licker wrote:
Yes and no.

If the BB2 experience is 'good', then why would the players who start there come to fumbbl in any significant numbers?

Yes, there are a handful who have come here from the 1st game, but I can't see much of a reason for most of them to come here unless they simply cannot play the cyanide version due to whatever issues it has (might have).

The communities are pretty different I think, and what fumbblers want we don't get from BB2 (other than sheer player base perhaps), but what BB2 players want, they may not get from fumbbl either.

Still, the more players in general the better, my pipe dream was more along the lines of BB2 being so awful that all of the community is forced to come to fumbbl (not that everyone would want that either Smile) and just swell up the player base here.

It needs to walk the line of being good enough to foster an interest but not so good it offers actual competition to what is offered here at FUMBBL. I wouldnt have ever stumbled upon Fumbbl if it hadn't been for Cyanide and I'm glad I did spend some time playing that version, if only so my expectations were set very low.
 Jump to: