87 coaches online • Server time: 22:14
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post test mode doesnt wor...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Which team should I bring?
Cult of the Scourge
26%
 26%  [ 6 ]
Foul Nagash
52%
 52%  [ 12 ]
Other (please comment suggestions below)
21%
 21%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 23

seanh1986

Post   Posted: May 03, 2015 - 19:28 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm trying to decide which team to prep (running out of time) and bring to the Grotty Little Tournament (GLT, ranked major).

Note: Cult of the Scourge performed well at the Ulthuan Invitational... I'm in the process of putting together a team logo for them, as I feel they've earned it.

The main options are:

Cult of the Scourge
Foul Nagash

I don't think I have any other ranked teams which are near tournament-ready, but feel free to look through and give some recommendations!

I think it's a tough bet between the two... The Khemri team has some excellent tomb guardians (yes, one has +Ag... that was a miss-click way back when I didn't know you could ask admins to change skill selections).

Both teams are left-over from LRB4... So, all the tomb guards have block; however, two of them are still missing mighty blow, which really hurts the team's ability to win the bash-battle. One blitz-ra is fairly well-built, the other definitely needs some skills.

The issue with the Khemri team is that all the SPP are invested in the tomb guards which don't exactly have good durability because of decay, so the team is basically a ticking time-bomb... The team also lacks a good sacker...

The undead team is a similar story... The Mummies are well-developed, with one good wight, and some decent skeletons. The second Wight needs to be developed more and the +Str/Guard skeleton desperately needs block. I also need to develop the ghouls (and ideally add a 3rd) but I'm not sure I'll have time for that before the tournament.

Ideally, I'd want one ghoul ball carrier (my block/SH ghoul satisfies that roll) and I want a sacker (wrestle/tackle), and a third because ghouls are squishy and die easily!

Based on the previous discussion thread about what a team needs to compete/win a major, neither team has a sacker, both have a dedicated ball-carrier, the khemri have a blitz-ra who could be a dedicated killer, but some TGs lack MB which hurts them, whereas the undead have one mummy with PO, but no real mobile killers.

Thanks for the feedback!
C3I2

Post   Posted: May 03, 2015 - 19:34 Reply with quote Back to top

What qualifier?
Kam

Post   Posted: May 03, 2015 - 20:31 Reply with quote Back to top

This one.

Post   Posted: May 03, 2015 - 21:30 Reply with quote Back to top

C3I2 wrote:
What qualifier?

I'm up for recommendations but I assumed both these teams would be fitting for the one of teams that have never won a major before. Farlom or something?
C3I2

Post   Posted: May 03, 2015 - 21:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Depends, I assume that is full of humans and trees and stuff. At least one of those races surely have won a major.
seanh1986

Post   Posted: May 03, 2015 - 21:53 Reply with quote Back to top

I read the races on the qualifier page and both Khemri and undead were included. It just seemed like that qualifier would be the easiest to win
seanh1986

Post   Posted: May 03, 2015 - 23:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Kam wrote:
This one.

Haha, I haven't used them in a long time... They did win a smack... But I'm not sure my halflings are major tournament material Smile
liquidorange

Post   Posted: May 04, 2015 - 00:54 Reply with quote Back to top

This essentially translates to "Which team would you most like to play against?" for most coaches, as opposed to "Which team has the best chance of winning?"

With that in mind, I voted for khemri.
seanh1986

Post   Posted: May 04, 2015 - 01:46 Reply with quote Back to top

liquidorange wrote:
This essentially translates to "Which team would you most like to play against?" for most coaches, as opposed to "Which team has the best chance of winning?"

With that in mind, I voted for khemri.

That is true... So, I will take it with a grain of salt... I feel like undead has a smaller margin for error in terms of winning a game, so I have some concerns about the Khemri team... Especially regarding durability if they do make a run in the major.

The main thing for me is focusing on which team I should prep because prepping both of them may be too time-consuming.

I've received a lot of votes but not too much discussion about the reason for why one vs the other... Any thoughts on why the Khemri?
DrPoods

Post   Posted: May 04, 2015 - 02:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Forlorn. They haven't won a major and I want to see them win one.

Post   Posted: May 04, 2015 - 03:12 Reply with quote Back to top

As a former LRB4 Khemri player who is still in the adjustment phase...
(salt, grain, take)

If you really want to try to win, take the Undead.
Don't bring Khemri to a Major unless you have enough bravado
to try to make a (relatively unsuccessful) point about Khemri winning Majors.
seanh1986

Post   Posted: May 04, 2015 - 03:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Plorg wrote:
As a former LRB4 Khemri player who is still in the adjustment phase...
(salt, grain, take)

If you really want to try to win, take the Undead.
Don't bring Khemri to a Major unless you have enough bravado
to try to make a (relatively unsuccessful) point about Khemri winning Majors.

It's a bloody long adjustment phase with decay and no MB! I feel like the undead have a better chance to win (as a race), but the Khemri may be more developed, as a team.

The nuke to khemri in CRP is making me favour the undead team... But the khemri team is still fun to use... They just need A LOT of games (and lucky SP rolls)... without anything bad happening to the tomb guardians until I feel they'd be actually ready to surprise people...

My undead team put together a great run at the UI this year, winning their qualifier before getting horribly diced in a match against a much stronger Orc team (we had about 330k or so in inducements and needed a minor miracle that just did not come).

I feel like if I can get the undeads to around 2000k TV they'd be a better bet... The Khemri will need to be at like 2300k TV to have a shot, and by that point they'll be giving up so much in inducements they likely won't have a chance.

Another factor is the amount of cash each team has... My Undead has a bigger bank...
Rabe

Post   Posted: May 04, 2015 - 10:30 Reply with quote Back to top

I find it really hard to estimate those two teams' odds...

While I'm in the "unforlorn Khemri" boat and like them for being less common in tournament than Undead, having a (higher) chance to win seems important to you. Others and you yourself have said Undead would be the team to go with in that case. So go with them.

I'd say: Start preparing the Undead team if if something goes terribly wrong, fall back to Khemri. Otherwise it's them in the GLT and you carefully prepare the Khemri for another tournament. Smile

Good luck!

Post   Posted: May 04, 2015 - 11:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Khemri. Both nice teams and good logos. But the Khemri are more developed and well rounded. Also love that you took +ag on a TG
Verminardo

Post   Posted: May 04, 2015 - 11:39 Reply with quote Back to top

My vote goes to the grandfathered Norse! 7x Frenzy ftw! Wink

Plus, impressive winning streak! Gotta be a good omen.
 Jump to: