33 coaches online • Server time: 09:33
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Malmir

Post   Posted: May 05, 2015 - 07:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Would there be any mileage in a system which allows coaches to avoid having to play dead rubbers? I notice quite a few games did not get played last week. Once you know you can't win, the interest goes for a lot of people I would have thought - it does for me. I had to sit through 30 min of tedium to get mine played last week and will have to do so again this week. I wondered, if the game served no purpose, could not effect other teams either and both coaches agreed, if these matches could simply be declared draws. Thoughts?
koadah

Post   Posted: May 05, 2015 - 08:09 Reply with quote Back to top

It might help if the games counted towards some overall "championship" (rather than just rating)

Post   Posted: May 05, 2015 - 08:12 Reply with quote Back to top

There are several purposes to games that don't affect the top of the pops. We shan't be encouraging people to duck out any time soon. Lots of people just want to play this form of the game! Smile Not everyone views 'not going to come first' as a 'dead rubber'; standings matter to a lot of coaches, so manufactured ties are no good. Everyone should bear in mind that when they sign up, they're signed on for 6 games.

Koadah, I have read your idea. You don't need to mention it again. Promise. Wink

I'll be back home this evening to deal with the 30 odd PMs I've just skimmed through at lightning speed: please be patient as Joe and I switch back the admin duties. A number of you may not have noted from my several advertisements I was going to be away! I suspect this has attributed to the odd forfeit, but that's life.

Round six in Europe / Aus is go. Get them played, and if you're awaiting a PM from me, be patient. NA coaches, round 5 ends tonight, I hope all games are organised, but if not, I hope Joe knows what's happening!
koadah

Post   Posted: May 05, 2015 - 11:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Purplegoo wrote:
Koadah, I have read your idea. You don't need to mention it again. Promise. Wink

Ah, I forget that some of you young people still have good memories. Wink

Though the idea may have changed since last time. Smile

Post   Posted: May 05, 2015 - 23:20 Reply with quote Back to top

...and we're into Round 6 everywhere! A big thanks to Joemanji for subbing in whilst I was away; I'll be back up to speed tomorrow. All of your organisation PMs should come my way whilst sorting out those exciting final round games. Can you go out with a win?
D_Arquebus

Post   Posted: May 06, 2015 - 05:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Questions on Stunty Play Off please Smile .

1 - How many teams play off for it?
2 - Top in each Division/ Region or just top X even if within same group?
3 - Why so few Stunties? Wink Razz

And I concur re there are no dead rubbers! It's all/ more Blood Bowl!! Smile .

Post   Posted: May 06, 2015 - 07:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello there!

1. The Stunty playoff will be a smaller affair in that it is a 'final'. So 2
2. Top 2 from anywhere
3. Because people didn't fancy it this time! In the future, the plan is that the little guys get more help, but for now they're a meatier, fun challenge for those with mighty cojones Wink

More Blood Bowl indeed, gogogo round 6!
straume

Post   Posted: May 06, 2015 - 12:36 Reply with quote Back to top

About the tiebreaker: How is strength of opposition measured? Total points? Or W-D-L of the opposition?(my point being if those who get minus points for disappearing will count).
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: May 06, 2015 - 13:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Good point. W-D-L keeps things fair in the case of an opponent who has left the tournament.

I don't know how keen people are on playoffs, whether we'll have six winners in the popular view or just one at the end, so I look forward to seeing! Should be a good thing to spectate, either way.
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: May 07, 2015 - 21:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Thursday night already, all!

Get those final games played; no relaxing, accelerate to that finishing line!
gregkubly

Post   Posted: May 08, 2015 - 15:26 Reply with quote Back to top

The Bloodtoof Cleavers have completed their grueling tie-filled run through the N.A. Division racking up 32 broken/crippled foes along the way.

It's been great fun to track the progress of all the different divisions.

Thanks for a great tournament and to all my great opponents. Can't wait for the next tourney.
JanMattys

Post   Posted: May 08, 2015 - 17:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, it's been great fun so far.
Can't wait for the final KO tournament, where my lizards will meet an awful lot of damn elves.

How am I supposed to kill them all? Very Happy

Post   Posted: May 09, 2015 - 19:03 Reply with quote Back to top

How do you calculate the Opponent Score if you Opponent has -2 but a 3/1/2 Record
Would be a bit unfair to my Opponents.

Example Group 3
Oventa
[Naf] Evil Harlequins 5
KaEmEffDeEm -2
NaFNecro 1 5
dark turon 6
Reptile Remedy 12
pccd 9
-----
Flix
Stumblr 6
pccd 9
Reptile Remedy 12
NaFNecro_1 5
Wives Amazon Girlfreinds 7
Ouroboros 6
----
PurpleChest
Dogs of Sonja 2
[NAF] Dark Doom 9
Bumbpiin Boyos -2
Pangolins Malins 6
Azes Champions 8
Lutece Babes 9
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: May 09, 2015 - 19:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi Flix. As mentioned above, we're going to use W/D/L rather than total score.

I'm sure we all agree that tie breakers of any kind are imperfect. Strength of schedule (whichever way you cut it: in this case we're going to try and avoid the forfeited score issue as best we can) is probably the best we have rather than random TD / CAS difference, but nothing is 100% perfect.

I should remind - SOS of any kind doesn't exist in the code yet. I'm going to manually sort out 1st / 2nd if it comes to it, but everything below that will be sorted as it currently is, by net TD / CAS.
Flix

Post   Posted: May 09, 2015 - 21:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmmm i am confused,

We all got 4/1/1 and we sort out #2
Do i get it right:
You sum up all oppentents x/y/z?
 Jump to: