40 coaches online • Server time: 14:49
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post War Drums?goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
cowhead

Post   Posted: Jan 08, 2014 - 13:47 Reply with quote Back to top

"I think we must have got turned around again boss." said the dumbfounded Lars Janus

"Aye didn't 'spect t' be back 'ere anytime soon." grumbled Samuel Bonnie

"Well we're here now gentleman, so let us make the most of it. It looks like delegates from most nations are gathered here as it is." replied Councilman Rotbottom surveying the small village that had appeared in the countryside around Borosia.

"Samuel take James with you and start making friends, we may yet benefit from being here at this time." said the Councilman

"Aye sir. I see some ol' friends 'o mine o'er there anyway." came the reply as he and James headed in the direction of fome shifty looking Halflings

"Hugh, Lars you two come with me, let us try and get some games while we're here." Said the Councilman wrapping his cloak around him.

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2014 - 10:46 Reply with quote Back to top

***News Flash***

The Calthor Cup has officially kick off!!!!

Borosia is buzzing with speculation of what the different rounds will bring. What we know at the moment is that round 1 has given everyone an extra 100k inducement money to spend on cards.

We have also got wind of the prizes and we are all shocked to discover that there are 3 prizes up for grabs.

Prizes 1 and 2 are for the winner of the tournament. Firstly the winner will have such huge fame that for the next 4 rounds they can hire any player in any location!!! This is a huge boon due to the restricted recruitment you normally find around Orymm. The second prize for the winner is being closed guarded under lock and key and no matter how hard we try we can't seem to get any information about it although we have been told it is a good one.

But what really caught everyone by surprise was the special bonus. The overall MVP of the tournament will get the fan favourite skill. You don't even need to be on the winning team for this, just whoever gets the most SPP's throughout.

We have also been told that extra special rules will affect each round so lots of fun and interesting games should follow....

Keep your eyes peeled sports fans, this should be a good one.

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2014 - 01:23 Reply with quote Back to top

The stadium filled, a fire was lit, the two sides faced off as the whistle blew.

On one side, a flawed understanding of harmony and a threat of judgement by fire. On the other, the savage strength of the recently unchained and passion for the flames.

The Burning Talon took control as the spirit of the Fire Lizard watched from the inferno on the sidelines. While the Harmony Decree desperately defended their efforts to stop the drive falling short as Hexhui scooped the loose ball and scored in the dying minutes of the first half.

The second half saw a scrappy attack fall short as Inzigor Chainrage unleashed the fury of the Fire Lizard on a defensive block to deny Shogdan Khar the last minute score, and claimed his corpse for the table at the heart of the mountain.

Ecgar would not burn alone. Harmony Decree would know that their flames of judgement belonged to the Fire Lizard. The Burning Talon knew victory.

Join the Human League Premiership!
ThunderDome

Post   Posted: Feb 06, 2014 - 22:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Nin the Younger looks from the oddly mystifying bracers now strapped to his wrist back up to his leader. "Anu, I am greatful for you including me on the journey but I am not so sure about this."

"Quit your whining Nin. Do you not wish to prove yourself? To emerge from the shadow of your brother Esgal? I might add the only reason you were included was due to your brother refusing to join the team unless you came along. Do you not wish for glory of your own?" Anu tone is thick with scorn, not that he would have thought to conceal it had he been able.

"Aye I do... it is just that... what do these things do anyway?" Nin struck the bracers together creating an oddly musical reverberating sound.

The corners of Anu's mouth turns upward as he knew he has convinced the youngest member of the Pride to go along with his plan. "Do not you worry Nin. The mage I purchased these from promised these had the power to quicken your step and beguile your opponent. He did mention that there was a chance... and a small chance at that... that it might beguile you instead of your foe. Never mind that, this will help bring victory to the Pride and glory for yourself, it shall be magnificent!"

Nin, now fully convinced despite his misgivings strikes the bracers together once more, again creating that mystical tone. "Aye Anu, I want to do my part for the Pride, I wa-..." Nin's eyes glaze over as his words trail off into an unattractive slur. Clearly the magic of the beguiling bracers has transfixed him.

"Oh bother, this better not happen during the match." Anu grumbles to himself as he heads to find someone to help carry Nin to the stadium.

Official Match Report here
easilyamused

Post   Posted: Feb 09, 2014 - 19:34 Reply with quote Back to top

***News Flash***

We have been told that round 2 of the first ever Calthor cup has been drawn and that a spiked ball has been introduced!!! This will add an extra risk to the game in what has been dubbed the "Round of pain" the teams still get access to the extra 100k for inducement money as well.

There are some interesting match ups this round and we hope to here from our new correspondent on the details of these games soon.

Watch this space sports fans, this one could get interesting.....

Post   Posted: Feb 09, 2014 - 22:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Mada summon us to Borosia!
We find Southern Elfs!
We Feed!
Moon Elfs run and hide in Dead City!
cowhead

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2014 - 11:19 Reply with quote Back to top

---Newsflash---

Calthor Cup Round II

Boots, Bolts and Fireballs, this game had it all. The game started with the Night Terrors kicking. A quick shoving match in the middle of the pitch and the elves made a run down their left flank. The Night Terrors quickly moved in blocking their advance, forcing the Elves backwards. Distracted by the sheer ugliness of the Night Terrors, Lhi the Jackal spilled the ball. Frobisher didn't need a second invitation to steal the ball away, taking it back into the safety of a cage. Then out of nowhere, Boom! A Fireball came hurtling into a crowd of players. Johnny was blown off the field, luckily not taking any permanent damage. And Frobisher was knocked for six, spending the rest of the half getting nursed back to health. The elves were unable to capitalize and the ever impressive Nightingale was able to recover the ball. Although Dr. Goodbody was on the recieving end of a partcularly rutal block by Morg 'n' Thorg out for revenge after his last meeting with the Night Terrors. A slow and steady advance down the field aided by Mortisions trusty boot and the Terrors managed to score at the end of the half.

The second half saw both teams only able to field nine players. Due to Morgs powerful blocks and Mortisons trusty boot. It didn't help the elves cause that the babes in graveshade don't amount to much. The elves kicked deep and managed to split the Terrors defence. Forced to switch sides the Terrors allowed the elves to get some players around Frobisher. Fzzzz Zap! and Morg was down as a Bolt of Lightning hit him square in the chest. This gave the Terrors the space they needed and they were soon into the elves half. Frobisher survived a couple of blocks before he finally ran in the touchdown.

There was time at the end of the half for the elves to run in a consolation touchdown.

Councilman Frederick Rotbottom had this to say
"What a game for the Night Terrors. I know I'm begining to sound like a broken record here, but Warwick gave a hell of a performance yet again. Of the nine fouls he commited, seven of the elves were removed. He has become something of a celebrity back in Pockara"

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2014 - 00:56 Reply with quote Back to top

We follow Elfs to Dead City!
We find walking Bones instead!
Bones too slow, We Win but...
We Must Feed!
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2014 - 01:15
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Mandara: Padma, the Young Voice. She is coming of age
Rakesh: She grows strong
Mandara: Stronger even than we thought
Rakesh: The wolf child grows in her
Mandara: Lunaros has blessed her
Rakesh: Her time has come
easilyamused

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2014 - 10:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Dissension on the team.....

Rumours fly of a new player, someone trying to take control.....

With Deaden gone the Vermin of Pox are starting to splinter.....

The Ascendance continues in ways never expected, what will become of the team? Can Rend regain control? Will everything Deaden worked for fall to the wayside?

Only time will tell.....

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2014 - 14:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Mutterings of Dr. Goodbody - Chapter I

The Dr. groaned as he awakend, his tentacled arm wiping the sweat from his brow.

"What...Where am I..." he spluttered.

Where was the team, the last thing I remember is a group players standing over me. Their feet pummelling me again and again.

"WHO ARE YOU? WHO AM I?" he raved roaring, tentacles waving away unseen attackers.

I need to eat he thought, as his tentacle snatched a bug up from the floor shoving it greedily into his mouth. I need...I need...I need...

Rage, Hunger, Blackness...

Post   Posted: Apr 09, 2014 - 21:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Somewhere in the Eyer's Battlefield

Kit Chat Wong stares at the ancient battle field ... 'Mates, years ago the Wong clan has "purchased" an old scroll from a necromancer. The scroll shows an entrance into a old spooky tomb. A tomb full gold and gems. Maybe also some dust?'

Ong King Ee sniffs ... *sniff,sniff* ... 'No dust here, i say!', the Wong smiles and says 'Yeah, troggy unfortunatly, but if there would you would have found the entrance easly?'
... *sniff,sniff* ... 'No dust here, i say!'

Yat Ping Wu looks at the Wong, '"Purchased", Wongs should have purchased something? You mean you have stoolen it. Mah, Master Li said we should come back to Yantai. Directly!'

Suddently King sits on a pile of rusty metal, ... with a big boom/crash he break into the earth and rewels an entrance.

Wong turns around to the Wu. 'Nannanna, directly, directly ... Are you rat enough?'

Wu glare at the goblin. 'Shut up, fishman. How to get in, the tomb is closed?'

Kit Chat smiles evil. 'Fishman? Yeah, I am. It's good business. We are selling bull centaur guano to Ryder's Cove. They are heating their steam boats with it and they are paying with fish. So in fact we got the fish for free. ...HAHAHAHA... Ma Wong is the Queen of Business.'

'Who cares about Ma and you fish business', the rat spits at the floor., 'How to get in, trollfood?'

'Food?', Ong King answers.

The goblin wispers, 'We have to wait for the right time!'
Yat Ping Wu says,'And what's the right time to get in?'
cowhead

Post   Posted: May 05, 2015 - 11:48 Reply with quote Back to top

February 28 2515

---A Year Gone By---

It has been a year since we last played. Things in Orymm have been strange since our victory in Calthor Cup. The L.O.B.B.L administration mysteriously disbanded leaving the league in disarray. Old rivalries and wars had started to erupt all over Orymm and the Pockarans were once again shunned by the outside world. Due to the popularity garnered by our time on the blood bowl field the Night Terrors were moderately welcome in lands of Orymm, but always at a distance.

A few month back we heard from one of Bahaars relatives in Saarth about the disappearence of his old team The Cult of the Moon. With the greatest of urgency we set off in search of our old rivals.

After many weeks of searching we found ourselves in Yantai where we had heard rumours of a mystical portal somewhere deep in the Bahaal Canyons. An envoy from the Righteous Social Club came to us with knowledge of it's location and informed us that they themselves had followed the Cult of the Moon through.

What mysteries would lie in wait for us on the other side, would those who lived there have knowledge of the cure we have been looking for, for so long.

With our longing to return home overshadowed by our duty to try and set Fredericks curse right we entered the Portal.

March 31 2515

---Introductions---

I would like to say this new world was strange, but in many ways it reminded us of Orymm. We were met on the other side with a friendliness that we were not used too. As we grew to learn more about the land we soon encountered many different blood bowl leagues.

We found the Cult of the Moon playing in an exclusive invite only Gentleman's Club. The Righteous Social Club were found playing in a league called the O[L]C which welcomed many disenfranchised league teams.

News soon came to us about a competition that might yet lead us to the cure that we have been looking for. We were met by delegates from a team called the Lahmia Black Souls. To gain entry to the competition we would need to play a trial game against them.

The game ended in a stalemate and saw Gregory Nightingale suffer a serious injury that even his regenerative abilities could not repair. But we were now entered into the competition the ALL STARS Hexoatl Open.

May 2 2515

---ALL STARS Hexoatl Open---

We would need victory at all costs in this competition. For only with our triumph we would be able to reach our goal.

We would face many new opponents and each would test us to our limits.

First up we took on the CHANKAdwarveS and it was in this game that Warick Mortison found some new fans as he ripped his way through four of the opposing players as he spurred our team to victory.

Next up we played the Crazy Crackers in a hard fought contest. We were lucky to come away with the victory in this game which saw Harvey Klattenberg lose his life. We hope to return one day to take his body back to Pockara where we can give him a proper burial.

In the semi finals we came up against CDingling. The hitting power of the Janus brothers coupled with Mortisons chainsaw saw us ease into the finals.

We had finally made it and had one more test against Grukk's Hospital BawlBoyz. In a thrilling encounter which went into overtime we finally secured victory.

We now await the Buccaneer All Stars a team of legendary humans who have been brought back to life by an unknown entity. We hope to defeat them to gain the knowledge of this being in the hopes that it may have the cure for all of Pockara.

Last edited by cowhead on %b %05, %2015 - %14:%May; edited 2 times in total
sonrises

Post   Posted: May 05, 2015 - 13:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Rumors seem to be true. ALL STARS HEXOATL OPEN winners will face the lagendary Human team Buccaneers All-Stars

The BUCCs have 6 Legend Players, 5 Super Star Players and a 13 men roster, wow! That's what I call a Team!
Current LOBBL Calthor Cup and ALL STARS Hexoatl Open winners, NIGHT TERRORS OF POCKARA, will hire Morg, Lord Borak and 2 Mercs with skill for the game, we have learned from inside sources.
Moreover, some goodies will be supplied by their multiple sponsors after their amazing win in HEXOATL OPEN.

This is gonna be the MATCH OF THE CENTURY!

Buccaneers All-Stars

VS

Night Terrors of Pockara

Jump to: