44 coaches online • Server time: 11:25
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Elf Draft Coachgoto Post Cindy fumbling after...goto Post [L] OBBA Smack Talk ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Tentacles, Pro or something else?
Tentacles
39%
 39%  [ 9 ]
Pro
60%
 60%  [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 23

xerode

Post   Posted: May 05, 2015 - 18:45 Reply with quote Back to top

I've started a Chaos Pact team - and I'm doing terribly with them. But that's not why I'm here. The team Minotaur has been hogging MVP, getting it 4 games in 7. This coupled with his ability to cause casualties has got him to his third skill increase. Weirdly, each one has been a double and I've chosen Block then Claw.

I'm wondering what double to take for his third skill and think I've narrowed it down to Tentacles or Pro. What do people recommend, or is there something else I should consider instead? Take a normal skill choice of Stand Firm?

My Skaven Renegade has also skilled up, rolling an 11. The Skills guide on here, plus the PDFs I've seen floating around the Net seem to suggest taking Wrestle. Good choice? Better than taking +MA or +AV?
m0gw41

Post   Posted: May 05, 2015 - 18:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Definitely take the double! Tentacles and Pro are good but I might go for Dodge. He'll be on his feet (hooves) more (nothing worse than a wild animal on the floor), live longer (AV8 isn't great) and with break tackle later you can have some serious fun.

Post   Posted: May 05, 2015 - 18:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Doubles are great for the big guys, take them all! Very Happy

I'd go Dodge (good protection and great with Break Tackle) or Tackle for even more damage potential against almost everyone.

Post   Posted: May 05, 2015 - 18:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Block/Claw/PRO is a awesome skill set for a cruise missile player like a mino.

Post   Posted: May 05, 2015 - 18:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Stop picking rookies who don't know how to buy inducements Wink

But you made up the reasons to fight
PainState

Post   Posted: May 05, 2015 - 18:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Always remember a mino's job is not to survive. His job is to have a 249 to 1 CAS ratio when he finally dies.

Post   Posted: May 05, 2015 - 19:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Kill-Kill wrote:
Stop picking rookies who don't know how to buy inducements Wink

Joke was on me, that opponent was new to fumbbl but not to Blood Bowl. Had a very weird match where I was lucky to pull off one TD!
Mateuszzzzzz

Post   Posted: May 05, 2015 - 19:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Jump up to go with po he will get soon.
PaddyMick

Post   Posted: May 05, 2015 - 19:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Mateuszzzzzz wrote:

Jump ain't great with AG2. PO ain't great with Wild Animal (he has to blitz off the floor to reliably get up and can be easily marked with cannon fodder).

Consider Side Step - he could dominate one flank of the pitch with his surfing threat and this skill.

Pro still best choice though, for WA rolls and hitting.
Rabe

Post   Posted: May 05, 2015 - 19:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Jump Up also helps him getting up again when he can throw a Block: 1/6 chance to fail instead of 1/2!

I'd still go Dodge or Tackle though. Smile

Edit:
@Paddy: Are you sure that it doesn't count as a Block action when a JU player blocks from being prone?

Post   Posted: May 05, 2015 - 19:29 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
Always remember a mino's job is not to survive. His job is to have a 249 to 1 CAS ratio when he finally dies.

In my experience, minos are CAS'd a lot more than once in their career! Maybe I play them too recklessly, but my ratio is aboout 2 to 1. Dodge is solid choice for keeping him on the pitch, so he can improve that ratio.
PaddyMick

Post   Posted: May 05, 2015 - 19:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Rabe wrote:
Jump Up also helps him getting up again when he can throw a Block: 1/6 chance to fail instead of 1/2!

I'd still go Dodge or Tackle though. Smile

Edit:
@Paddy: Are you sure that it doesn't count as a Block action when a JU player blocks from being prone?

Yep your right didnt think of that. I'd still not want to roll 2+ then 3+ just to make a block though, where failure means he is still prone.

Last edited by PaddyMick on %b %05, %2015 - %19:%May; edited 1 time in total
PaddyMick

Post   Posted: May 05, 2015 - 19:31 Reply with quote Back to top

double post
Mateuszzzzzz

Post   Posted: May 05, 2015 - 19:44 Reply with quote Back to top

PaddyMick wrote:
Mateuszzzzzz wrote:

PO ain't great with Wild Animal (he has to blitz off the floor to reliably get up and can be easily marked with cannon fodder).

Thats exactly a reason to pick jump up. To blitz reliably from the floor. Free block from time (if you want to risk it) is just a bonus.
PainState

Post   Posted: May 05, 2015 - 19:45 Reply with quote Back to top

PaddyMick wrote:
PainState wrote:

In my experience, minos are CAS'd a lot more than once in their career! Maybe I play them too recklessly, but my ratio is aboout 2 to 1. Dodge is solid choice for keeping him on the pitch, so he can improve that ratio.

You missed the point.

When a mino finally goes down for good, KILLED. If he has done his job right he ahould have recorded a stat line on CAS of a Average CAS rate of 1.5+. That is his only job.