16 coaches online • Server time: 04:01
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post BB2020 - Kick team m...goto Post What happened?goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Winni

Post   Posted: May 05, 2015 - 16:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Well Kislev is a bit farther to the north than Albion or Bretonnia. Rolling Eyes

Winni Seessomethinggoodineverythingman

Post   Posted: May 05, 2015 - 17:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Winni wrote:
Well Kislev is a bit farther to the north than Albion or Bretonnia. Rolling Eyes

Winni Seessomethinggoodineverythingman

Well the Icedragons were hit hard by technical difficulties this season - I think it might have been different if they'd been able to play their first two games - but I'm sure they'll be back after a brief break in Kislev.

Post   Posted: May 06, 2015 - 00:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Last game in Albion is played...

gjopie wrote:
Albion Conference

...The New Bretonnia Expatriates can guarantee their place in the Cup with a draw... A loss would probably see them slip out of the Cup spots... Their opponents are the 3rd placed Diseased Wasters, one of three teams on 5 points but with an impressive tiebreaker score of 8...

The Wasters bring the Nurgle bash (and Nuffle piles on at some pivotal moments), the Magpies win, and the Expats fail to make the playoffs just 1 season after winning it all.

https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=3680396

Grats to the Elves, Wasters and Magpies (who we never played - SO wish the Elves had managed a tie against the Wasters...)
Rolling Eyes Laughing

Smeat wrote:
So we not only have to win our last game, we have to survive it if we are to have a decent shot at a repeat.

Lost the game soundly, but oddly also completely survived it! Only a true rookie Skink lost (and some MNG), so... next season!

(...and what exactly do you think they do with all those dead players?...)
gjopie

Post   Posted: May 06, 2015 - 11:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Final Standings in the Albion Conference

Congratulations once again to the Elves of Albion for winning the Conference. They are the first elf team to win the Albion Conference, and will get a bye through the first round of the Challenge Cup (meaning they are already guaranteed to beat their previous record of a first round appearance back in Season VII).

In 2nd and 3rd place respectively were the Diseased Wasters and Marienburg Magpies. The Wasters previously won the division in Season VII, so have appeared in the semi-finals before, but the Magpies have repeated the feat accomplished by the Gorers last season, by making it into the Challenge Cup in their first season up from Kislev. Congratulations to both teams.

The Albion Inter-Conference Shield team are, in order:
4. New Bretonnia Expatriates
5. Apuccini Avalanches
6. Arkhan Faraohs
7. Castle Drachenfels
8. Gotland Gorers

A bash-heavy Albion team this season! They have a total of 24 points (tiebreak of -4), which will help decide whether they get first or second choices in the Shield competition.

The Turov's Infected will be playing in the relegation playoffs, in an attempt to stay in the big leagues next season, while the Nidhoggstad Icedragons are automatically relegated and will feature in the Kislev Plate. (All relegations are pending decisions on teams staying/leaving the league)

Just a few days and games remaining in Bretonnia before the cups are kicked off!

Post   Posted: May 08, 2015 - 11:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Final Standings in the Bretonnia Conference

Congratulations to Athel Loren BBoDT for not only winning the Conference, but doing it in serious style. They are the first team to win all five Conference games, and will take that strong form into their first ever Challenge Cup appearance.

In 2nd and 3rd place respectively were the Barak Varr Goldlords and Frostheim United. The Goldlords are a famous name in the OWCC, and this will be their sixth Cup appearance (they've won it twice, and been runner-up once). This is only the second time that Frostheim United have made it into the Cup (the first time they made it was Season V, when they were knocked out in the first round), and they'll be trying to better their previous record. Congratulations and good luck to all of them.

The Bretonnia Inter-Conference Shield team are, in order:
4. Scalded Delta Dogz
5. Palinam Diadochi
6. Nilfheim Lumberjacks
7. Wasteland Vagabonds
8. Serpents Coast Scavengers

They have a total of 25 points, which means they will get the first choice of games in the second round of the Shield.

The Remnants of Kriegfeld managed to claw their way out of automatic relegation and into the relegation playoffs in the final game, taking the place of Malice of Karond Kar, who are automatically relegated and will feature in the Kislev Plate. (All relegations are pending decisions on teams staying/leaving the league)

The various cups will be set up shortly.

Post   Posted: May 11, 2015 - 10:00 Reply with quote Back to top

11th blog entry for the Foul Peak Crawlers!
Leilond

Post   Posted: May 13, 2015 - 09:55 Reply with quote Back to top

HERE YOU ARE the fluff blog entry for the first playoff match for the Foul Peak Crawlers

THIS is the match

MATCH REPORT
There isn't much to say about this match
I took the Wizard and Two star players as inducements
The first half was very simple. The Wizard fizzled his lighting bolt in the key moment. I had an Ag5 Gutter and the 2-head/Extra-Arm star to have very good chance to recover the ball in tackle zones
The one turn attempt, already very hard for the damn snowy wheather, went impossible when Perfect Defence rolled
In the second half I could easly manage to stall until turn 7 or even 8 and tie the game. But I was greedy and scored in turn 6, hoping that 3 turns weren't enought for my oppoent to score, but enough for me to steal the ball and score myself.
Nuffle though it different. In the final turn, I wasn't able to roll a push to move away the pestigor from scoring range and that pestigor manage to make the two 3+ go for it.

The wizard fizzle remain in my mind the key of the match. If it worked, I had very good chance to score and end the first half 1-0 with the ball in my hands in the second. It turned a probable 1-0 in a deadly 0-1, that was the reason I made the mistake of not stalling in the second half.

This is the first time in this league where I really blame dices for my loss
Leilond

Post   Posted: May 20, 2015 - 10:24 Reply with quote Back to top

The second playoff match for the rats

THIS is the FLUFF blog entry for the match

THIS is the match

I was confidend that 4 blodgers against no tackle, was enough to win... I was so wrong

The first half start with the Undead to recive. Blitz!
The rats managed to put tackle zones on the ball and the designed sure hands ghoul.
But it wasn't enought. The undead manage to knock down and stun a blodger and recover the ball. I could 2d block with a tackle blitzer, but the 3+ rerollable dodge failed and from there on it was only bashing, no matter I had blodgers and he has no tackle
After 6 rats where in the KO box, two of them gutters, while his 11 players caged the ball I had to surrender the drive.
The OTT attempt failed at the second dodge

The second half started with the rats quick scoring. A tie, THIS TIME, wasn't enough and hoped to steal and score.
The rats managed to really hard pressuring the ball carrier, with some tackle zones with tackle. But the Ghoul managed something like 4-5 dodges in a row from a tackle player and into tackle zones, out of the troubles.
I managed to catch him again, freeing the ball, but my gutter failed the 3+ dodge I needed to recover the ball, while his blitzer managed a pickup, a pass to the other ghoul, catch and flee to the end zone. The last 1d block with the tackle, rerolled, failed to free the ball for the last chance
The last OTT for the tie, failed at the first dodge

And this ends the hopes of Foul Peak Crawlers to enter the major in the first season. Another season in the coldness of Kislev will be necessary
Winni

Post   Posted: May 20, 2015 - 23:36 Reply with quote Back to top

And in a widely unnoticed match the Icedragons beat the superior, but maybe slightly too confident Rangers from the Doom Glades with a very impressive 2nd half comeback 2-1 and advance to the Kislev finals! Yay!

Post   Posted: May 21, 2015 - 10:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Winni wrote:
And in a widely unnoticed match the Icedragons beat the superior, but maybe slightly too confident Rangers from the Doom Glades with a very impressive 2nd half comeback 2-1 and advance to the Kislev finals! Yay!

Not completely unnoticed - congratulations!

In the Inter-Conference Shield, Team Albion have managed to pull the score back slightly to 3-5 after Team Bretonnia started out with a 4-0 lead. That means that we can't lose the Shield in the second round, which would be embarrassing!

Post   Posted: May 22, 2015 - 16:55 Reply with quote Back to top

For another example of ghoul&tackle zone action, check out last turn of half 1 in this play-off match:

https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=3685930

Dodge dodge pickup dodge dodge gfi gfi. In three tackle zones.

Gotta love ag 5. (:
Leilond

Post   Posted: May 27, 2015 - 10:38 Reply with quote Back to top

HERE YOU ARE the fluff blog entry for the third playoff match for the Foul Peak Crawlers

THIS is the match

MATCH REPORT
I simply got diced.

FIRST HALF
Undead recive, 6 ko and score in turn 8. This isn't unluck, I play Skaven, I know that a drive like this happens every now and then. But here started the horned rat joking with me. 6 KO rolls, 6 fails. In the OTT attempt, the AG5 gutter failed the pickup, making me waste the reroll and the one turner failed two 3+ dodges, the first saved by the skill, the second cannot be rerolled because of the used reroll. Ok, I can stand to this too, I thought. With some nice dices I can still win the game

SECOND HALF
6 KO rolls, 5 fails. I have my 4 gutters on the pitch, I still can score quickly and hope for better KO recovery. A gutter failed a go for it, reroll, fail again. My opponet took the ball, injuried my blitzer tackle/blodger and scored.
5 KO rolls, 4 fails. I finally managed to score a TD, hoping to be able at least to tie the match. In turn 8 my only chance was a 1d block, with a blocker, against a rookie zombie... skull, reroll, skull.
arry

Post   Posted: May 27, 2015 - 11:23 Reply with quote Back to top

I can only hope for similar dice in the next season! I feel that most of Remnants' wins are due to luck. And I wish better luck to Crawlers.
Leilond

Post   Posted: May 27, 2015 - 13:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the game arry
You respected my unluck with some kindness... I think it's not "easy" to stay on that side... I'm always afraid my opponent is upset and I'm afraid of saying anything, but you were a nice opponent and respected me till the end
gjopie

Post   Posted: May 28, 2015 - 15:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Image 9th Old World Challenge Cup Image
Athel Loren BBoDT vs Barak Varr Goldlords
Sunday 31st May, 22.00 Server Time

The Old World Challenge Cup is proud to announce that its ninth Final will be held this Sunday, between the Barak Varr Goldlords and Athel Loren BBoDT. It is guaranteed to be an historic occasion, whatever the result.

If Athel Loren BBoDT win on Sunday, they will become the first elven team to win the prestigious Cup, and the first ever team in the history of the league to win every game in an entire season.

If the Barak Varr Goldlords win, it will be for a record third time. At the moment, they hold the joint record with the Nilfheim Lumberjacks (with two wins each), and this is their chance to cement their place as the most successful team ever to play in the OWCC.

During the regular season, Athel Loren won the Bretonnia Conference, with the Goldlords finishing as runners up. That favours BBoDT: 7 out of 8 of the last cup finals have been won by a team that won their Conference. However, the only team to ever win the OWCC after not winning their Conference was - you guessed it - the Barak Varr Goldlords, back in Season III.

These two teams have played each other twice before: the first time, the Goldlords won 2-1; the second time (earlier this season), Athel Loren won 3-1.

Both teams are evenly matched, and this one is impossible to call. You'll have to watch for yourselves to find out who will make history this Sunday!