16 coaches online • Server time: 06:10
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Elf Draft Coachgoto Post [L] OBBA Smack Talk ...goto Post Cindy fumbling after...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
ulvardar234

Post   Posted: May 06, 2015 - 20:03 Reply with quote Back to top

fly wrote:
bring one down, foul. repeat.

And repeat, and repeat....

Develop 1-2 dirty players, let him feel the pain.

Smile when he piles on while blocking you... another chance to foul.

And, if suffering too much damage, foul with your best players. They will be safe when sent off.
JanMattys

Post   Posted: May 06, 2015 - 20:38 Reply with quote Back to top

That's not going to win you games, ulvardar.

Post   Posted: May 06, 2015 - 21:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Also, hit back - Chaos often rely on a couple of key stars and the remainder of the team is pretty ordinary. Especially the beastmen, they tend to leave the pitch quite quickly when targetted with MB.
Rat_Salat

Post   Posted: May 06, 2015 - 21:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Get your own pomber, and mark his with someone with fend.
wintergreen13

Post   Posted: May 06, 2015 - 22:40 Reply with quote Back to top

The strength mismatch can definitely create problems (I find Orcs and Lizards to be the two hardest races to play against with humans for just this reason), but Chaos (especially at about 1400 TV) have one real weakness: a lot of AV 8 players you can pile on and foul. I tend to focus on the beastmen and try to bring the other coach's numbers down; since human linos are cheaper but equal strength, I like to have a small bench and do my best to imitate their player removal style. If you're lucky and have some blodgers on your side things might even be easier, since Chaos are usually still trying to get basic skills and might not have much, if any, tackle.
garyt1

Post   Posted: May 06, 2015 - 23:02 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree with Wintergreen's comments about picking off the Beastman. Most chaos coaches have no more than 1 reserve so you may be able to keep up with them in numbers for each kickoff. This is particularly if you have some mighty blow, at least one Pomber.
Janmattys, Endzone, Paddymick and Purplegoo make some good comments, though not necessarily easy to implement. You don't want your side spread all over the pitch, hopefully you can manouvere your blitzers where needed. I find I can get around Chaos with Blitzers on offense but you may have a hard time taking any longer than 3 turns over your score without being overrun.
If defending against a good cage I would probably throw everything at it one turn if I manage to pow down a corner. But if they hit well the following turn it could be nasty for you.
Oenarlord will have plenty of Blackbox wins over Chaos to spectate.

Post   Posted: May 06, 2015 - 23:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Chaos is just broken.

4 ST4 players with AG3, 1 ST5, plus the chance to blitz 2dices with horns

Decent speed

Clawpomb access

So in ranked I just avoid Chaos teams they are for people that can't play. I watch them play against Chaos Dorfs and /cheer at every death. If you do the same you'll be surprised by these bashing clawpomb's coach lack of skills. They basically just roll dices and go for armor break.

Go and look for even and fair matchups with your humans, don't be too scared of Nurgle since they are slow and have poor agility and you can catch them easily outta position.

Khemri are a pain but their lack of agility can be an advantage for humans.
garyt1

Post   Posted: May 06, 2015 - 23:40 Reply with quote Back to top

If they don't get move 7 or ag 4 players they still have some weakness. Plus none of their rookies have block.

Post   Posted: May 07, 2015 - 01:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Chaos are pretty garbage under 1500tv.

If you're looking for tips on how to beat 2000tv chaos with killstack, there are honestly very few answers. One is to play elves or skaven and outscore them while stealing the ball. This has the added advantage of rendering all their claw irrelevant, for most of these teams.

Unfortunately, you're also conceding AV7 piling on everywhere, and elves take an absolute thrashing against heavy bash. Even if you win the game, your team might not be the same afterwards.

People have theorized about using fend or other strategies to counter high TV chaos (and nurgle), but as blackbox shows, it's really difficult without fighting fire with fire. It's really not so much about beating these teams, it's about the long-term damage they do to your roster.

I don't really consider myself a pixel-hugger. I play AV7 teams mainly, and those players rarely last the 100 games or so an orc blitzer might expect to live... but I don't think anyone likes seeing their bloodbowl team destroyed. I find playing these teams pretty unpleasant, and try to avoid it.
garyt1

Post   Posted: May 07, 2015 - 05:10 Reply with quote Back to top

To be fair he mentioned it was in 1400TV range.

Post   Posted: May 07, 2015 - 07:02 Reply with quote Back to top

well, it depends -- is it 1400 TV, 5 game chaos, or 1400TV minmaxed 2 killer chaos....?

Post   Posted: May 07, 2015 - 08:35 Reply with quote Back to top

In the 'last 3 forum threads' this shows up as "What do you do again..."
I keep picturing some drunk guy asking what kind of work you do for the 5th time. =P

Post   Posted: May 07, 2015 - 08:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Keep us posted!

Post   Posted: May 16, 2015 - 15:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Probably 4 killer men blitzers help - with mb po frenzy. Maybe 2 dps if you really want to build to beat chaos. Fouling often is toally ok and with 50 linos I dont see thats a problem.

Saying that, some ag throwers and catchers is the other option but scoring more and winning. Just score on controll offense over 8 turns and try to get enough time in the second half to score a late winner. Having a big bench alos helps if you going downn this road.
Wreckage

Post   Posted: May 16, 2015 - 16:18 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not super experienced with humans but my strategy was to spam Dodge on every double. That worked pretty well. If they can't knock you down they cant injure you either. Also use a large player base and dirty player.

Overall humans are what they are: Not a great race.
 Jump to: