45 coaches online • Server time: 14:32
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Human blitzer 4th skill
Guard
52%
 52%  [ 21 ]
Piling On
7%
 7%  [ 3 ]
Break Tackle
7%
 7%  [ 3 ]
Frenzy
27%
 27%  [ 11 ]
Juggernaut
5%
 5%  [ 2 ]
Other
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 40

cdassak

Post   Posted: May 06, 2015 - 16:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Player:
http://fumbbl.com/p/player?player_id=10424098
Team:
http://fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=788796

I'm really puzzled about this one, I feel that this skill will determine his next ones too, if he survives that is Smile

The classics Guard and Piling On are always an option, Stand Firm not just yet (I think after Guard).
Taking into consideration that the team has one killer and the other two blitzers are blodge stand firm guards, maybe this one should follow an alternative skill path.
Break Tackle will increase his mobility and will have nice synergy with a later double (Dodge).
Frenzy is double edged but the +ST can support it. It has good synergy with Juggernaut so if I take one I'll probably have to take the other, but which one first?

The team will (probably) be parked for the upcoming Black Cup.
pubstar

Post   Posted: May 06, 2015 - 16:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Voted Frenzy.

You already have a POMB blitzer to carry the heavy cas lifting. Having at least 1 frenzy player changes the dynamics of how players get positioned along sidelines pretty dramatically.

bghandras

Post   Posted: May 06, 2015 - 16:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Guard everybody else beyond the killer.

Post   Posted: May 06, 2015 - 17:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Guard for sure, but Frenzy on the other +st guy when he skills will be good since he has SF to stop counter surfs. No juggs until legend though which is a shame.
licker

Post   Posted: May 06, 2015 - 17:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Frenzy on a ST4 is nice because it makes it a bit easier how you position the assists (or if you even need assists).

I'd go guard myself, but Frenzy would also provide something for other teams to worry about.
Timetis

Post   Posted: May 06, 2015 - 17:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Voted frenzy! For me thats the ideal core of human blitzers; two supports with guard standfirm, one killer and one surfer/spaceclearer. Frenzy is of course a good tool for keeping the field open, which humans like/need!

That would mean juggernaut next: )
Rabe

Post   Posted: May 06, 2015 - 18:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Guard sounds best.

Having one player with Juggernaut is great though for positioning: You can punch a whole anywhere you need it. ST 4 and high MA is perfect for the job. I'd be tempted to take it.

Edit:
And it's really nice with Frenzy, but doesn't necessarily have to go with it. For blitzing to improve positioning, it's sometimes even better to not have Frenzy, I guess.
I took Juggernaut as first skill on a Troll Slayer and it was (and is) really useful. Obviously against Stand Firm and Wrestlers as well.

Post   Posted: May 06, 2015 - 18:33 Reply with quote Back to top

break tackle for increased mobility. Jugger would be my second choice, but see, i only play to foul Wink
guard is always a solid choice, you seem to lack some imho.
frenzy doesn't sound reasonable, to me it's for pombers. and jugger would be on that kind of player too.

dekra1979

Post   Posted: May 06, 2015 - 20:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Frenzy!!! With other players support (guards!!) It's useful to push in attack and press the cage. Disorderdering the enemy game structure is also a good weapon, but still missing control and easy to elude if not accompanied.
Guard il also good on a ST 4 player, but more ordinary, and you can choose it for another player to carry your superstar blitzer on the top!
cdassak

Post   Posted: May 06, 2015 - 23:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Guard and Frenzy tied at 9 votes, the most popular choices as expected but I doubt that we ll have a clear winner.

Post   Posted: May 07, 2015 - 00:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Guard, as Paddy says your other ST4 Blitzer has skills that better suit Frenzy and surfing players off the side.

DLE College 7s
PainState

Post   Posted: May 07, 2015 - 00:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Timetis wrote:
Voted frenzy! For me thats the ideal core of human blitzers; two supports with guard standfirm, one killer and one surfer/spaceclearer. Frenzy is of course a good tool for keeping the field open, which humans like/need!

That would mean juggernaut next: )

I voted PileOn.

For me the ideal core of Human blitzers is to have all 4 of them with B/MB/PO/T and then 51+ and 76+ you add in your guard/frenzy/juuger/dauntless and grab.

Now this advice is based on it is a Box team.

Post   Posted: May 07, 2015 - 01:02 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:

I voted PileOn.

For me the ideal core of Human blitzers is to have all 4 of them with B/MB/PO/T and then 51+ and 76+ you add in your guard/frenzy/juuger/dauntless and grab.

You're ignoring what stats and skills the player already has and everyone who is saying Frenzy has not bothered to look at the team. There's another +st guy soon to skill as well.

Also, are you seriously saying no Guard until super star for any blitzer?
nufflehatesme

Post   Posted: May 07, 2015 - 02:00 Reply with quote Back to top

guard followed by stand firm. boring, safe, and highly effective.
piling on is decent as it gives you two pombers, but i think i would want guard asap.
i would take frenzy on modezuma if you want frenzy somewhere.
PainState

Post   Posted: May 07, 2015 - 02:35 Reply with quote Back to top

PaddyMick wrote:
PainState wrote:

I voted PileOn.

You're ignoring what stats and skills the player already has and everyone who is saying Frenzy has not bothered to look at the team. There's another +st guy soon to skill as well.

Also, are you seriously saying no Guard until super star for any blitzer?

nope

Here is the Blitzer skill path of domination, destruction and pain.

All 4 blitzers ignore +STAT and Double

They take...MB/PO and then at this point you mix...G/T for the next 2 skills and then on the 76+ you mix Grab/Jugger/Frenzy/Pro and or Dauntless.

+ST is the only stat increase they take and forgoe their 76+ Skill up/