39 coaches online • Server time: 16:44
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
koadah

Post   Posted: May 24, 2015 - 16:24 Reply with quote Back to top

I really don't know why people are so desperate to stick to pure CRP.

CPOMB nerfs one draw in four. Everyone wins. Wink

Post   Posted: May 24, 2015 - 17:40 Reply with quote Back to top

So, Ranked is better if you are into hyperbreading teams for Majors. That's not the strong suit of the Box. Hardly the only thing there is to it.
PainState

Post   Posted: May 24, 2015 - 18:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Now Iam depressed.

You guys have reminded me why I suck so bad in Ranked. I keep "picking" the wrong matches and do not attempt to hyperbreed my teams into Ranked goliaths of death and destruction.

I think I need to revist my attitude and tactics on the most important aspect of Ranked play, the pick your foe phase of a Ranked match.

Crying or Very sad

Post   Posted: May 24, 2015 - 18:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Here is the background of why Iam depressed.

Last year I proposed to play Ranked doing this. When my team hits the GameFinder I do not even look at the match ups and just click that green button next to every single match up. On occasion I would hit the red button if I just did not want to play a certain race for the 3rd time in a row.

When I proposed this method of match making licker chimed in that using this method is most likely much harder than even a random match maker. The theory being if you hit every single match with the green button you have removed choice from yourself and given it over to everybody else on gamefinder to accept the match.

The reality is that the majority of the time if there are 12 matches and I click the green button on all 12. There is a good chance that 2-3 of them are impossible match ups to win. Then another 3-6 that are very difficult and most likely only 2-3 matches that would be called in your favor.

Now the theory licker proposed was correct. I most likely will not get a easy match and most likely draw that Killer or extremely difficult match to play.

So, I have now been convinced this is the tactic of a madman who does not care for his pixels or team at all and Iam just banging my head against a brick wall of constant team rebuilding.

Post   Posted: May 24, 2015 - 18:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Isn't this a Box whining thread? Your Ranked whining is off topic I think.

Post   Posted: May 24, 2015 - 19:02 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
Isn't this a Box whining thread? Your Ranked whining is off topic I think.

LOL

According to Malmir this is not supposed to be a box/ranked "thing". Just a open ended thread of griefing. So, I think my post is perfectly suited for this type of topic.

Very Happy Shocked

Post   Posted: May 24, 2015 - 19:02 Reply with quote Back to top

I personally find Box easier than Ranked. Mind you I rarely play anyone under 155 TV in Ranked. I always get matched up with Rookies, in Box. That is always the fun of Box though, you can't predict what you will play. You can call Ranked a farming division, but that is only because people at chicken of playing tough coaches and prefer to win more than challenge themselves.

Jeffro
Wreckage

Post   Posted: May 24, 2015 - 19:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Nerf CPOMB to be only able to move 3 squares!
Rat_Salat

Post   Posted: May 24, 2015 - 20:21 Reply with quote Back to top

"players with piling on may not declare a blitz action"
Aflo

Post   Posted: May 24, 2015 - 20:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Outrageous suggestion, may not PO on a blitz surely?
PainState

Post   Posted: May 24, 2015 - 21:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Rat_Salat wrote:
"players with piling on may not declare a blitz action"

The problem with that plan.

Now you encourage CPOMB teams to CPOMB ALL their players, that way they maximize their chances to CPOMB all menz.

Need a new plan.

Post   Posted: May 24, 2015 - 21:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Who wins moar on the whole, Ag 4 teams or clawpomb teams?

Hmm...

Nerf Elves 2015!
PainState

Post   Posted: May 24, 2015 - 22:01 Reply with quote Back to top

BillBrasky wrote:

Hmm...

Nerf Elves 2015!

There is a lot of truth there.

Why does a coach take mass T/MB/PO? To kill stinking elves.

Why are they trying to kill elves?

Because if you do not kill them they will run circles around you and win the game.

What is the problem with CPOMB against Elves?

You run out of skill slots to actually take tackle. After CPOMB and Block you only have one slot left for all the other skills that a killer needs.

Post   Posted: May 24, 2015 - 22:14 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
BillBrasky wrote:

Hmm...

Nerf Elves 2015!

Because if you do not kill them they will run circles around you and win the game.

You run out of skill slots to actually take tackle. After CPOMB and Block you only have one slot left for all the other skills that a killer needs.

A lot of people pass up tackle in Box out of (Block,MB,Claw,PO,Jump Up/+Stat/Tackle) because they're not facing elves/zons all that often. Legend CPombers exist but for most of our purposes tackle is a Super Star skill at the earliest on cpomber. Exceptions exist.

Underworld Stormvermin are the primo cpombers because of that block and unfettered access but very few seem to have the stones to play with the team long term.
Rat_Salat

Post   Posted: May 24, 2015 - 23:01 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:

Dead on, from the human coach.

Now the problem is that this "solution" to the overpowered-ness of elves is of course that the solution is a bit TOO effective. We all understand what happens to an elf team if we are able to blitz and pile on one of their AV7 players every turn with mighty blow. The elf coach gets part of the first half at full strength to try and steal the ball and take a quick lead, before the other team mangles them into the casualty box and plays the second half essentially unopposed.

This solution presents a couple of problems to the "elves are overpowered" argument, which I will not dispute. Firstly, facing this effective tactic repeatedly isn't possible for an elf team that wishes to play at a high TV. Players are too expensive to replace, and the elf team has a lot of difficulty staying above 1500tv in the long term.

There are better ways to deal with an overpowered ability (AG4) than to make it easier to exterminate all of the offending team's players. Nurgle are a good example of a team that can counter elvish strengths with non-obliteratory methods, most notably tentacles. Diving tackle is another skill that experienced coaches sprinkle in their rosters to help deal with the "elf problem".

Of course, it's simpler just to put mighty blow on every player, and hope the elves all die. Unfortunately, this has become the default solution for dealing with just about any problem in blood bowl, leaving us where we stand now. Box demonstrates this to great effect, and for the most part, players in that division design their teams to obliterate the competition. Teams not designed to obliterate are generally obliterated themselves, and the cycle continues.
 Jump to: