44 coaches online • Server time: 12:09
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Box ranking pa...goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Dodge
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Wraithcannon

Post   Posted: May 29, 2015 - 05:00 Reply with quote Back to top

So back in 2004 , the Warhammer Fantasy world was being rocked by the "Storm of Chaos".

GW decided that the Warhammer 40K 13th Black Crusade went so well and got so much attention, that they were going to do the same thing in the Warhammer Fantasy world.

They made a campaign, a bunch of new models, and staged a huge online event where players could report their match results to influence the outcome of the future of Warhammer Fantasy.

As part of all of this, they released the Chaos Marauder box set. They're like Norse, except evil, Chaos worshipping, warpstone tainted, cannibals that live further north in the Chaos Wastes. Some of you are probably Warhammer players and are familiar with all of this already.

I was playing Blood Bowl in Milwaukee at the time and all of this gave me an idea for a new team, or set of teams really. I thought that it would be a great idea for Blood Bowl teams from the Chaos Wastes NFL (Northern Football League) to take this opportunity to travel south and finally compete in the Majors against the puny southern teams. They would seize their ancient trophies and carry them back to the wastes as prizes.

These teams aren't just like any other Chaos team that crawl their way out of the Drakwald forest. These teams are dedicated to, and sponsored by, one of the 4 major powers of Chaos.

The team consists of 0-16 Chaos Marauders (Norse Linemen), 0-4 Beastmen, 0-4 Chosen (Chaos Warriors each with a starting skill up based on which God they worship and a higher price), and 0-1 Chaos Troll (Orc Troll without the skills related to throwing a team mate).

Rerolls are the same cost as a normal chaos team, as well as their Star Players available for inducement.

Chaos Marauder Teams

I've only gotten to play the roster once, back in my 2005 league. I played a Tzeentch team and they did all right. Some of the coaches were worried that they were going to be overpowered and unbalanced, but it turned out that they weren't any worse than Norse, Chaos, or Orcs in the long run.

A 5th version for those who wanted it.

Undivided Marauder Teams

Thoughts?
Winni

Post   Posted: May 29, 2015 - 05:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Lol?

Post   Posted: May 29, 2015 - 07:17 Reply with quote Back to top

You have used official Chaos Pact (Marauder) teams?
Certainly overpowered, at least after a few matches.

Post   Posted: May 29, 2015 - 10:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Bit underpowered could do with couple more CW'S and an extra troll...maybe an extra two trolls.
Aflo

Post   Posted: May 29, 2015 - 11:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Not sure I see the problem, looks alright to me. Only thing I'm not sure on is pro on the Tzeentch chosen - I can fully see the justification but I can also see it being abused with the addition of the CPOMB kill stack to make them even more killy than normal chaos warriors which shouldn't be Tzeentch's thing.
PaddyMick

Post   Posted: May 29, 2015 - 14:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Nice idea, nice theme, but they are overpowered. They are like a buffed Chaos, and Chaos do not need a buff. They lose some of the fluff by having too many positionals and not enough maurauders.

I think you could just take a pact or norse team and fluff it up.
Maybe use Norse as they are but drop the snow troll for a chaos troll, drop beserkers, and give Ulfs M access instead of frenzy. Or something like that.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: May 29, 2015 - 14:47 Reply with quote Back to top

As I told you on TFF, regular access to GSM on a player is prone to easy CPOMB exploit.
Wraithcannon

Post   Posted: Jun 03, 2015 - 02:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Thing about this roster vs the Chaos roster. Chaos can have 16 players with SM to do your broken CPOMB combo.

This roster has a max of 9.......

I understand that some might feel Frenzy and Pro are broken, but I have yet to hear any creative suggestions for a different skill up.

Post   Posted: Jun 03, 2015 - 03:06 Reply with quote Back to top

I like all those Marauder teams better than the one we actually got.

edit: of course that's not saying much since the pact team is a bad idea poorly executed.

Post   Posted: Jun 03, 2015 - 04:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Wraithcannon wrote:
Thing about this roster vs the Chaos roster. Chaos can have 16 players with SM to do your broken CPOMB combo.

Okay, I'll break down why this is bad rather than simply troll you.

1) Chaos are one of the worst rookie teams, but one of the best High-TV teams. Giving them the best low-tv linemen in the game is a BAD idea.

2) Warpstone trolls are hands down the best big in the game. Tentacles and claw on normal rolls, on a AV9 regenerating chassis only works if you are a stunty team.

3) Chaos warriors are probably one of the top 5 positional players in bloodbowl. Would you like gutter runners with an extra starting skill? Wardancers? Let's give chaos dwarf blockers pro, foul appearance, or disturbing presence.

4) "Only" 9 clawpombers is nurgle. Does nurgle feel less bashy than Chaos to you?

No on so many levels. This is pretty much the best parts of the chaos, nurgle, and norse rosters all rolled into one package, with the best big in the game as the cherry on top. The only thing missing is a dark elf renegade for pure powergaming lust.
pubstar

Post   Posted: Jun 03, 2015 - 04:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Rat_Salat wrote:
Wraithcannon wrote:

Okay, I'll break down why this is bad rather than simply troll you.

1) Chaos are one of the worst rookie teams, but one of the best High-TV teams. Giving them the best low-tv linemen in the game is a BAD idea.

2) Warpstone trolls are hands down the best big in the game. Tentacles and claw on normal rolls, on a AV9 regenerating chassis only works if you are a stunty team.

3) Chaos warriors are probably one of the top 5 positional players in bloodbowl. Would you like gutter runners with an extra starting skill? Wardancers? Let's give chaos dwarf blockers pro, foul appearance, or disturbing presence.

4) "Only" 9 clawpombers is nurgle. Does nurgle feel less bashy than Chaos to you?

No on so many levels. This is pretty much the best parts of the chaos, nurgle, and norse rosters all rolled into one package, with the best big in the game as the cherry on top. The only thing missing is a dark elf renegade for pure powergaming lust.

Ah, yep. All of this. The 'only' 9 CPOMB is silly. The top killer teams have 4-6 big killers, despite access to 16 if they want it. They don't need any more. This is a straight buff to the most popular team in the game.

buuface

Post   Posted: Jun 03, 2015 - 05:26 Reply with quote Back to top

max 2 chosen
licker

Post   Posted: Jun 03, 2015 - 05:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Goddamn boring chaos crap.

Shove it in the circular file please. Do we really need 8 different flavors of the same nonsense?
Arktoris

Post   Posted: Jun 03, 2015 - 05:36 Reply with quote Back to top

I think the chaos marauders should look like this.

0-16 marauder linemen 6 3 3 7 block G 50k
0-2 marauder blitzers 6 3 3 7 block frenzy jump up GS 90K
0-2 marauder warriors 6 4 2 8 frenzy GS 110K
0-2 marauder runners 7 3 3 7 block dauntless GA 90k
0-2 marauder throwers 6 3 3 7 block pass GP 70k
0-1 marauder troll 5 5 1 8 wild animal, claw, disturbing presence, frenzy, loner S 140k

rr = 60k
apoth = yes

the 7av represents their light barbarian armor and block for their rugged northern ways. frenzy to represent they are chaos and uncivilized. troll should start with two mutations (claw and disturb) but no more so things aren't over done.

Post   Posted: Jun 03, 2015 - 07:01 Reply with quote Back to top

licker wrote:
Goddamn boring chaos crap.

Shove it in the circular file please. Do we really need 8 different flavors of the same nonsense?

+1 stupid team idea

Jump to: