49 coaches online • Server time: 20:13
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post test mode doesnt wor...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Leilond

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2015 - 17:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Macabeo wrote:
I proposed some changes in this thread, trying to keep it consistent with the fluff and simple enough.

In short, they also give you RRs for certain actions that have to do with their roles in the team:
- Cheerleaders give you RRs for Dauntless and catching passes.
- Assistant coaches give you RRs for Loner and Pro.

This two look really TOO powerfull for the low cost
Personally I prefer some smaller issue with the KOff table, like transform a stun in a prone for a player from the pitch invasion on a 4+ for each coach (each coach try enter the pitch to help players to be safe) and the like
A free catch reroll is really an awesome bonus
And a free loner reroll is even more awesome
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2015 - 17:46 Reply with quote Back to top

SergeiBautin wrote:
Cavetroll wrote:
I think Cheerleaders/Assistant Coaches should be available as inducements for a cost of 20k each.
That would allow the underdog coach to get something when they had 20-40k leftover in inducement money.

I second that idea, very nice suggestion!

Thirded, no reason not to have this; I think it would be a good suggestion for a League client buff.

On buffing them, why not 'they don't add to TV'? Or 2 = 10k.
Leilond

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2015 - 17:59 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
SergeiBautin wrote:
Cavetroll wrote:
I think Cheerleaders/Assistant Coaches should be available as inducements for a cost of 20k each.
That would allow the underdog coach to get something when they had 20-40k leftover in inducement money.

I second that idea, very nice suggestion!

Thirded, no reason not to have this; I think it would be a good suggestion for a League client buff.

On buffing them, why not 'they don't add to TV'? Or 2 = 10k.

I think that 1-2 assistant coach and 1-2 cheerleaders for 10k each (pheraps 20k?) as inducement, could be really nice for the leagues
Macabeo

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2015 - 20:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Leilond wrote:
Macabeo wrote:
I proposed some changes in this thread...

This two look really TOO powerfull for the low cost
A free catch reroll is really an awesome bonus
And a free loner reroll is even more awesome

They are not free, you still have to pay 30k/TV and they are very specific rolls. How many Loner rolls do you do in a match on average? And the RR is only useful if you fail it.
pythrr

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2015 - 20:09 Reply with quote Back to top

has anyone made the ass coach joke yet?

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2015 - 20:15 Reply with quote Back to top

If a player is retired, and had proper fluff, and it is maintained, then you get the assistant / cheerleader for free instead of 10k.
assistant coach in case it was male
cheerleader if it was female

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2015 - 21:12 Reply with quote Back to top

5 CL gives you a free Babe, 10 CL gives 2.
5 AC gives u a free Dirty Trick, 10 AC gives 2.

Post   Posted: Jun 03, 2015 - 10:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi. I'm currently writing up some weird and over the top house rules for more active referees, coaching staff and fans. Among other things, there are added some benefits from CL's and AC's, that might be relevant to this discussion:

* Assistant coaches can argue one call by the referee, which - if successful - works exactly like a bribe. Both coaches roll 1d6 and add the number of assistant coaches. If the arguing coach achieves the highest total, the verdict is cancelled as with bribes (no 2+ roll). Each coach may only argue once during the match.

* Opponent's FAME is added to injury rolls for players pushed into the crowd (as suggested often and by many).

* At half time, fans might 'change sides', depending on the show put on by the cheerleaders and on how the match is progressing. Each coach rolls 1d6 and adds the number of cheerleaders on their team plus their current number of touchdowns. The winner can 'steal' the difference in fans (x1000) from the opponent. Adjust FAME accordingly for the remainder of the match, affecting subsequent kick-offs and crowd pushing damage.

* The stadium pays teams based on how many paying customers they can bring through the door, not on which team those fans actually root for. When calculating winnings, use the FAME from the pre-match sequence.

What do you think? Insanely over powered or otherwise terribly flawed?

Martin
 Jump to: