53 coaches online • Server time: 14:21
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Mar 17, 2015 - 18:12
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Throweck wrote:
mister__joshua wrote:
I'd punish him with 50 lashes, but I know he'd enjoy it...

50 shades of Throweck

Each one darker than the one before. Is that an article they'd want for the GLN? It's certainly grotty Razz
Cavetroll

Post   Posted: Mar 17, 2015 - 20:23 Reply with quote Back to top

I've received some positive feedback on a few of my match reports, I'm interested in trying my hand at a fluff piece on one of my teams (Twin Leaps).
What would be the best way to get this to the GLN staff who would be editing/putting the issue together?
Is there a section I should look at for formatting ideas, or can I just dump it in a PM and send it to someone for review?

Post   Posted: Mar 17, 2015 - 20:37 Reply with quote Back to top

PM works for me. Smile

albiniv, I've taken more time over reading your post now. Don't worry, I'm sure no-one has taken offence.

You have some good ideas, and you've given us some things to think about. Is the current GLN something we're all happy to have on the site, but in reality, something we don't read? How to make it as fit for purpose as possible? A light read, an in-depth guide, something else?

For this next issue, I don't intend to break from tradition too much. I am going to let it come together organically; seeing what comes in naturally and then building around it. I'm deeply conscious that we have a volunteer staff giving up precious free time to contribute, and they should set the agenda (my finite time doesn't lend itself to playing much currently, so I'd not stretch anyone else's by demanding an out there article on this or that). For the following issue, I might well make some editorial decisions up front and gently direct one way or another. For instance, we have one quite long, but in depth and (I think) ultimately rewarding tactics article we're working on for this issue. It will be great to get feedback on things like that following publication; do the on site coaches want that, or do they want shorter, fluffier things, or both (or neither)?

Anyway, bit of a freeform ramble that. TL:DR: Thanks for the feedback, let's see how this issue goes, and we'll set a gentle direction thereafter. Editing the GLN is not a job anyone has kept for too long, and I'm sure I won't break that trend and run it forever. Ultimately, if you don't like the direction we go in, start sharpening that pencil. Wink
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Mar 17, 2015 - 21:09
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

On submissions, when sending stuff to Kam I found that a public Note was good, then just send a link to it. It's easier to update and format too

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
Kam

Post   Posted: Mar 17, 2015 - 21:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Purplegoo wrote:
but in reality, something we don't read?

Past issues (1 to 14) have been viewed 3000 to 10000 times each (and "only" 1687 times for the Christmas Special). Issue 15 has been viewed 516 times.

It's not too bad compared to the previous issues if you keep in mind the issue is a few months old whereas the rest has been on the site for years. However, what worries me the most is that last time I checked (I don't remember when exactly - probably 1 month and a half ago), the numbers were almost the same. So apparently, people who missed its release didn't read it afterwards (they don't care? they're not aware?).

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2015 - 12:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi gang!

We are doing very nicely in the run-up to our next issue. One area where we do lack submissions is in the 'groups' category. Our groups are the best bit about the website, so I expect there is lots to say!

If you want to advertise, wax lyrical about or fluff up your league or tournament, I want to hear from you! Get creative, get writing, and support the GLN!
Rabe

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2015 - 00:17 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm pretty sure mister__joshua was planning to write another article about GRIND. If it's not on your list yet, ask him!

Post   Posted: Apr 04, 2015 - 19:21 Reply with quote Back to top

I have something on GRIND. Something good!

Anything else coming my way from [L]? Come on, let's be having you! Smile
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: May 10, 2015 - 16:54 Reply with quote Back to top

All,

We're getting right to the business end of GLN 16. It will be on newsstands soon!

If you've anything for me, get it in soon!
garyt1

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2015 - 18:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Excellent issue fellas! Lots of great articles in there, particularly those about positioning and the game review. And some other amusing ones too.