12 coaches online • Server time: 07:04
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
pubstar

Post   Posted: May 31, 2015 - 05:10 Reply with quote Back to top

licker wrote:
... honestly, would anyone care even if a couple yutzes tried to game it?

I don't think I'd care. If these theoretical coaches are actively avoiding playing unknown opponents, they wouldn't encounter me and therefore wouldn't alter my experience.

I suppose they would have a quicker time building a team for a tournament, but that seems easily exposed. Check your opponent's match history after pairings. If you're really bothered by any patterns you may perceive, contact an admin. Seems easy enough. If you are concerned about this, you should probably checking anyway; it's not like creating a stable of 4 coaches is substantially more difficult than creating a stable of 2.

Rat_Salat

Post   Posted: May 31, 2015 - 05:51 Reply with quote Back to top

pubstar wrote:
But Rat, I thought you were a MEGA PICKER! Whatever will I do with my preconceived notions of you?

I just don't like playing people who can only win by spamming mighty blow. I could play bash in ranked and call the elves pickers too...

With that said, we'll see how welcoming the box is to another elf coach.
pubstar

Post   Posted: May 31, 2015 - 06:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Rat_Salat wrote:
pubstar wrote:
But Rat, I thought you were a MEGA PICKER! Whatever will I do with my preconceived notions of you?

I just don't like playing people who can only win by spamming mighty blow. I could play bash in ranked and call the elves pickers too...

With that said, we'll see how welcoming the box is to another elf coach.

Just a joke, mate. Enjoy the box Smile

mrt1212

Post   Posted: May 31, 2015 - 08:53 Reply with quote Back to top

There's no pleasing everyone simultaneously. You open up box to any time any amount, you'll get people crying about how x match is unfair.
easilyamused

Post   Posted: May 31, 2015 - 09:34 Reply with quote Back to top

mrt1212 wrote:
There's no pleasing everyone simultaneously. You open up box to any time any amount, you'll get people crying about how x match is unfair.

They do that anyway.

Post   Posted: May 31, 2015 - 20:28 Reply with quote Back to top

If you open it up to any match up any time, maybe there should be a requisite amount teams activating before the match is scheduled. If less than 4 coaches then you need at least 2 teams activating per coach or something similar.
huff

Post   Posted: Jun 18, 2015 - 06:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Lots of truth buried in the beginning.

happygrue wrote:
It is very unfortunate (for me!) that peak NA times often correspond to the kind of marginal matchmaking options that lead to really nasty matches. I've been playing a few times a week in NA times this past month and some draws have been 5-6 coaches, but it's still very often 3 with some guy coming in to be the 4th in the last seconds. That often bodes ill for fun in the high TV monster range that we have at the moment, though it is working (mostly) really well still if those 4 coaches are getting lower TV games.

The high-TV box problem, IMHO, does very much exacerbate the NA timezone problem. Last few months my schedule has allowed me to activate in both NA and Euro prime times about equally, and the Euro draws are *so* much better, from a "crazy matchup" (or a matchup I'd actually choose to play at least) point of view.

Where do we go from here? Hard to say. Every few months I usually have to step back from the box because I burn out on it's problems. But for me personally, I always come back to it's strengths. I really, really wish we could address some of the issues that remain and then I'd probably be playing more box than ranked. As it is, it works out to about 50-50 for me over the long haul.

stands out.

@MrT and @Licker- Yall reminded me of a [/url]blog[url=http://www.fumbbl.com/p/blog&c=huff&id=13429] I had a couple years ago.
 Jump to: