45 coaches online • Server time: 12:17
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Brot

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2015 - 17:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey guys,

I just wanted to ask generally if there would be an interest in a 7s league, largely inspired by the CBBA, in European Timezones.

Fluffwise, my general idea would be to play the northern rejects. If the interest is present, I would very much like to manage it. And if you would be interested, would you like to play one game every 2 weeks with a schedule, 1 game every week OR would you like 'game-days', a set evening in which every team present gets 2-3 matches?

CBBA-league: https://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=24543
bghandras

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2015 - 18:24 Reply with quote Back to top

I am interested.

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2015 - 19:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe...
But I'm mainly waiting for this college league to happen:
https://fumbbl.com/p/group&group=8228&op=view
Matthueycamo

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2015 - 20:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah I would be interested.

I think with 7s and the general shorter time to play a game one game every week would be ok since most 11 a side leagues have roughly 10 day schedules. Certainly preferable to every two weeks, that seems just too long between rounds.

Gamedays would be awesome but I think it would inevitably mean some people miss a loan of games from time to time. So there would have to be scope to catch up between gamedays for those who can't make it.

DLE College 7s
Brot

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2015 - 21:38 Reply with quote Back to top

The idea of these 'gamedays' (meeting in a chat maybe, then drawing between all players) would work for a relaxed league atmosphere. For example:

1 gameday per week - let's just say thursday evening for example

no mandatory attendance, but coaches have to play a certain number of regular games to be eligible for the playoffs

if desired, it could be allowed to play a few friendly games during the season

-- that way, players get to play enough (a league with too few matches can struggle to keep enthusiasm up I guess).

A problem would be to keep teams from running away in team value or players quickly becoming legends, which would need some house rules.
Matthueycamo

Post   Posted: Jun 22, 2015 - 01:42 Reply with quote Back to top

So like for example a two month regular season with needing to play 10 games? 8 weeks with two games a gameday on average would be 16 games. Then a month for playoff or friendly matches for those not in the playoffs.

There could be several ideas to deal with legends, like players having to die on the pitch. So you might get a legend but they could end up with a niggle and stat losses etc so they peak and then go down hill as injuries build.

You could make each team fire their highest SPP player at the end of each season.

Or maybe a team SPP cap, better for control than TV as eventually legends if they last that long will take up all the SPP cap at the start of a season. Whilst with TV as soon as they hit Legend they stop adding to the TV. Maybe counters minmaxing a bit better because eventually you have to fire the legend as they will hit the cap by themselves. I don't know what a good level would be but something like 350 might be ok? Allows for as Legend and a few well developed support but then it gets to the point you need to start firing players to stay under the cap. This is probably my favorite idea.

Obviously a TV cap but as said above that's most likely to lead to minmaxing so I would not really want that.

DLE College 7s
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Jun 22, 2015 - 13:53
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Following the deterioration of the BB7s testing (which you were part of) I launched Grind. We're just winding up our 4th Season and the player number is still growing. We've also got an active open-play section.

If the rules side interests you and you wanted to join up there is also an open invitation to join the committee and discuss all the rules and regulations of the league.

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
Brot

Post   Posted: Jun 24, 2015 - 18:18 Reply with quote Back to top

What i see as a general problem in leagues with player retirement (whether by MVPs, Number of Seasons etc.) is that ridiculous scorers and merciless killers seem to rule supreme, even more than in the standard game.

If by number of seasons they skill up much faster than other players, if by mvps they are not as reliant on them to skill up (comparable to blockers for example).
Brot

Post   Posted: Sep 23, 2015 - 19:05 Reply with quote Back to top

After finishing my special play cards - i have now finally given up again on organizing a local tabletop league (it's impossible to find people).

I'm thinking about doing this instead, a CBBA-inspired league for european timezones.

I will probably casually work out a concept in the future, as I read there are changes and further league-options coming to the client, so I'd rather wait that out.

But i have 2 questions, mainly:

1) Is there anywhere a good page for all the do's and do-not's of group/league management? I'm new to this, the fumbbl info page is a bit confusing and I won't go into this without knowing my way about.

2) Is it possibly to have 'game nights' as a regular season? I would describe this as:

Attendance not mandatory at every event.
Multiple games in quick succession (With 30min games that wouldn't demand too much time).
Spontaneous matching of opponents (after checking who's there and who isn't etc.)

Cheers guys
 Jump to: