11 coaches online • Server time: 05:53
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
What's worse?
MaxMax
18%
 18%  [ 2 ]
MinMax
63%
 63%  [ 7 ]
No Pie Option
18%
 18%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 11

huff

Post   Posted: Jun 22, 2015 - 01:39 Reply with quote Back to top

I know we have a Suitability History page in the Box for matches that happen, but do we have one for ones that don't happen?

I'm just curious as to what happened on draws of 4 people but no matches get scheduled.
koadah

Post   Posted: Jun 22, 2015 - 01:52 Reply with quote Back to top

+1

Post   Posted: Jun 22, 2015 - 02:11 Reply with quote Back to top

huff wrote:
I'm just curious as to what happened on draws of 4 people but no matches get scheduled.

Suitability won't matter for that. It just means one of the teams was out of range to schedule with the others.

For instance If a team was TV 2000 and all other teams have less than 30 games and none would be in range to play that team.

Or, more likely: Someone activates with a tv 1000 team. It would have the limited range of max. 1100 and wouldn't be able to schedule against 3 other teams with TV 1110 + because of the hard coded restrictions, regardless of suitability.

Edit: There may be a hard coded suitability minimum at around 500, but at that point that would mean the matches would be very seriously messed up. Maybe 500 is just the minimum it can reach from the formular, but I'm too tired to figure out how it works right now.

Last edited by Wreckage on %b %22, %2015 - %02:%Jun; edited 1 time in total
huff

Post   Posted: Jun 22, 2015 - 02:19 Reply with quote Back to top

@Wreckage: I get that, I guess I just would like to know if it's a new team causing the holdup on the draw or a big TV team or even a low-ish TV team with lots of games played that can't get paired with any of the other 3 teams (because of new team protection).
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Jun 22, 2015 - 02:23 Reply with quote Back to top

huff wrote:
@Wreckage: I get that, I guess I just would like to know if it's a new team causing the holdup on the draw or a big TV team or even a low-ish TV team with lots of games played that can't get paired with any of the other 3 teams (because of new team protection).

I can't help you there but what you probably could do is activate a team with a decent amount of games and another team that is very low TV.
...Of course if there would be 3 other people 1 with a very high team, 1 with a very low team and 1 with a medium team, the scheduler still wouldn't work, even if you could play all three because none of them could play each other.
But you would be able to tell for sure that this was the case.
huff

Post   Posted: Jun 22, 2015 - 02:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Does the BowlBot on iRC give any information regarding BlackBoc pairings or is it just to the extent of "No possible matchups"?
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Jun 22, 2015 - 02:30 Reply with quote Back to top

huff wrote:
Does the BowlBot on iRC give any information regarding BlackBoc pairings or is it just to the extent of "No possible matchups"?

The blackbox channel doesn't give a suitability out when there is no match. But I'm pretty sure that matches also don't have a suitability when they don't get scheduled. If they did have one, they would be scheduled.

edit: if you look at the formular https://fumbbl.com/p/notes?op=view&id=522

you see this table:

A1 vs B1 @950
A1 vs B2 @799
A2 vs B1 @893
A2 vs B2 @912
A3 vs B1 Not allowed due to too high TV difference
A3 vs B2 @635

...as you can see A3 vs B1 does not have a suitability.

I suppose when you are not scheduled all matches are like that. ie... the scheduler aborts the calculation before he is even finished.

Last edited by Wreckage on %b %22, %2015 - %02:%Jun; edited 1 time in total
huff

Post   Posted: Jun 22, 2015 - 02:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, most likely have a 'null' rating and not a '0', when they can't be paired.
garyt1

Post   Posted: Jun 22, 2015 - 02:41 Reply with quote Back to top

It could still be interesting to see what teams gave the null value.

Post   Posted: Jun 22, 2015 - 02:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Any team coached by me has "null value"... Very Happy

Jump to: