86 coaches online • Server time: 21:15
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Having issues launch...goto Post Gnome Box ranking pa...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Agi+ or Anything Else
+Agility
86%
 86%  [ 37 ]
Anything Else
13%
 13%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 43

JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2015 - 12:27 Reply with quote Back to top

But they don't dodge or handle the ball... and it's 40 TV.
They do however hit and get hit making MB/SF etc much more appealing to me.

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2015 - 13:45 Reply with quote Back to top

JimmyFantastic wrote:
But they don't dodge or handle the ball...

That's because your ones only have agility 3!

Oscar Wilde
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2015 - 15:04 Reply with quote Back to top

mekutata wrote:
MattDakka wrote:
The Blitzer has no Dodge (so no synergy with AG 4) and he's MA 5 (too slow to be a ball handler), therefore I wouldn't take +AG, by the way I generally take +1 AG only on Runners.
I'd take Mighty Blow.

he, MA 5 is really fast... for a dwarf

The Dwarf team already has 2 Runners with MA 6, so no, he can't be considered fast because the roster has faster players.
licker

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2015 - 15:29 Reply with quote Back to top

I love the notion that a player without dodge is worthless if they take +AG.

That may be the most silly thing I've read here in a while.

Grats guys, grats!

Rule of thumb with stat ups...

If it makes that player have the highest ability score on the team, you take it.

So for a team that is all AG3 (and less) you take your first +AG that gives you an AG4 player.

Same for MA, which is why elf teams would commonly skip it on their linemen since they already have faster players. Some will even skip it on the blitzers if the catchers are faster.

+ST and +AV work differently, +ST you always take (almost) and +AV you never take (almost).
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2015 - 15:40 Reply with quote Back to top

licker wrote:
I love the notion that a player without dodge is worthless if they take +AG.

That may be the most silly thing I've read here in a while.

Grats guys, grats!

Cheers for your reading comprehension fail.
I didn't say AG 4 is worthless if he has no Dodge, intead I said the player wouldn't have Dodge-AG 4 synergy and he's too slow to be a ball handler.
AG 4 is of course useful, BUT too situational compared to its TV cost (while on a Runner +AG would be a no brainer).
Is it clear enough now?
licker wrote:
Same for MA, which is why elf teams would commonly skip it on their linemen since they already have faster players. Some will even skip it on the blitzers if the catchers are faster.

Actually the main reason Elves don't take +MA on linelves is because they need to get Blodge/Wrodge asap, way better than +MA, Dodge/Wrestle/Block.
albinv

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2015 - 15:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Chocolate contains enormous amounts of synergy.

Lets have some chocolate everyone!
licker

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2015 - 16:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey Matt, you're not the only one who said it either, but you're still being silly if you think that not having dodge is reason to not go to AG4.

I think you missed the point about elfs and +MA. It doesn't matter when they roll it, many coaches will skip it on line elfs no matter what, especially if it's a 5,5.

The rule of thumb for stat ups is solid.

Always take the stat up which makes that player the 'best' you will have on your team. AG4 on dwarfs is a no brainer. MA5 is really not a limitation for dwarfs, it's a bonus.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2015 - 17:20 Reply with quote Back to top

licker wrote:
Hey Matt, you're not the only one who said it either, but you're still being silly if you think that not having dodge is reason to not go to AG4.

Then I embrace my silliness with joy!
If we were talking about a Blitzer with MA 6 or higher, like an Orc Blitzer, I'd agree about taking +1 AG, but on a MA 5 Dwarf Blitzer without Dodge most of times you won't gain a benefit as great as from 2 regular skills.
For sure AG 4 will have its utility during some matches, and in Ranked tight TV management is not as important as in Box, but with an AG 4 MA 5 you can't expect to do great things, ok he can receive a hand off, a pass, dodging away for better positioning of Guard and picking up the ball quite reliably, but how many times in his career will he do these things? On the other hand, how many times he could use Mighty Blow and Piling On?
licker wrote:

I think you missed the point about elfs and +MA. It doesn't matter when they roll it, many coaches will skip it on line elfs no matter what, especially if it's a 5,5.

Yes, but the main reason is because linelves can get more benefit from regular skills (Wrodge, Blodge, Side Step/Fend, then they die) than from +MA, so they skip MA, also, there is no need to use them as ball carriers because every elven roster has faster positionals.
licker wrote:

The rule of thumb for stat ups is solid.

Always take the stat up which makes that player the 'best' you will have on your team. AG4 on dwarfs is a no brainer. MA5 is really not a limitation for dwarfs, it's a bonus.

The best Blitzer on a Dwarf team is a killer with Mighty Blow, Piling On, while the best Runner has Blodge, AG 4 and MA 7/8.
The point is that the starting stats and skills of a player most of times define his/her role, and the skill building should enhance him/her in order to perform better his/her role.
Mr_Foulscumm

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2015 - 17:43 Reply with quote Back to top

AG4 Dorfs blitzers are great.

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2015 - 17:47 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:

The point is that the starting stats and skills of a player most of times define his/her role, and the skill building should enhance him/her in order to perform better his/her role.

Exactly.

Which is why I give my Blitzers guard first. There are better players to blitz with on the team (Longbeards and Slayers). But having a couple of (somewhat) mobile guards is invaluable. Smile

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2015 - 03:35 Reply with quote Back to top

The tunnel vision really is bizarre.

Would you prefer AG4 on a runner? Sure, guess what? You didn't roll it!

Does having AG4 on your team give you more options? Of course! But oh, MA5? Sorry, then this guy can only do one thing ever. Well, unless he gets dodge, but since he already got +AG it's not possible for him in 4 more skills to ever get dodge. It's also just silly to think that not having dodge makes AG4 somehow 'bad' or 'not worthwhile'. But tunnels are nice!

It's also not +AG or two skills. It's +AG and a skill for 20k more TV. It's not like you get you just assign spp and make the team around your preferences, you have to take what you get and work with it.

Further, you simply miss the point of why elfs skip MA on linemen. But since you seem so insistent that your logic is impenetrable (it is), I'll just leave that as an exercise for anyone who cares to open a thread about the next time an elf rolls a 10 on a line man.
Libuda

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2015 - 06:15 Reply with quote Back to top

SquirrelDude wrote:

EDIT:
I went with the +Agi

If you want to play at higher TW levels then it was a good decision because your team gets more useful options. If you want e. g. a 1600k tournament team then I think it wasn't the best choice because this Blitzer usually uses a skill like MB more often then a +1 AG and MB is also cheaper which provides space for another useful skill for him or his team mates.
Antithesisoftime

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2015 - 08:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Seriously, +AG was the best choice!
It's absolutely awesome on Dwarf Blitzers
 Jump to: