72 coaches online • Server time: 22:24
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
SquirrelDude

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2015 - 00:43 Reply with quote Back to top

I really wish the replay system allowed you to watch a game with all the crowd noise. That's a not insignificant part of the fun of these major tournament games, and I was at work when the game was played.
Dhaktokh

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2015 - 00:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Congrats Strider! Great achievement, and such a worthy team! And coach of course!
koadah

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2015 - 01:14 Reply with quote Back to top

\o/

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2015 - 01:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Malmir wrote:
Many congrats Strider. What will decide if Stonetroll's unpronounceable nurgs are a great team is whether they can bounce back from that and win another major. I wouldn't bet against them.

Well, if you look at uusiverikulho winning roster in the Warpstone earlier. They are a shadow of their former selves. They have high TV for Nurgle, they have no gold, they are carrying perms that most teams do not carry and they are down a pesti.

It is going to be really tough to claw back out of the hole they are in in a short period of time. Not saying in the future, next year, but for the rest of this season. They are toast and in rebuild mode.

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2015 - 01:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok when you lose that is when the long claws come out.

uusiverikulho was just lucky to even be in the finals TBH. Brutal Cherry Pickers getting knocked out by Running with the Pack was what sent them to the finals. They had to square off against the cherry pickers with their limited and reduced roster they had coming into the semi final, compared to their winning roster of the Warpstone this season. I do not think so, Cherry Pickers send them packing in the semi.

uusiverikulho is toast.

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2015 - 04:33 Reply with quote Back to top

mrt1212 wrote:
XFL X is going to be open to both Box and Ranked right? RIGHT?

right?

Putting the romantic in necromantic since 2010
Catalyst32

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2015 - 06:15 Reply with quote Back to top

So... What was the secret to the success of Humanity in winning their 1st Major?
Looks like a young team and without any special players on 1st glance.
Was it about having a Deep Bench and rolling with lots of Inducements?
Catalyst32

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2015 - 06:18 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
PainState wrote:
akaRenton wrote:
Great final, and great to see a race unforlorned.

So which race will be next to step out of the shadows? Place your bets!

Humanity was the last race anybody cared about. The rest of the Forlorn will just rot and die.

Laughing Surprised

On a more serious note. Khemri, Undead or Lizardmen is the next big team to unforlorn. But which one?

Chaos Pact, Slann and Norse are still trying to get the job done too, right?
CCSenor

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2015 - 06:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Great win by the Red Corsairs , wish i could have stayed awake to watch it. well done strider !
Strider84

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2015 - 07:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
So... What was the secret to the success of Humanity in winning their 1st Major?
Looks like a young team and without any special players on 1st glance.
Was it about having a Deep Bench and rolling with lots of Inducements?

I'm pretty sure its because i pleased nuffle by playing 100 fling games in the box. Furthermore i sacrificed a totally healthy guhl by putting him ond the los in turn 16 (and he was promptly killed)

On a serious note, i think a good draw, solid play and a lot of luck or at least no bad luck did the trick.

And thx for all the compliments guys.

Red Corsair will be back for the LC, but firsr off to a well deserved holiday
SzieberthAdam

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2015 - 08:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Finally! Congrats Strider!

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2015 - 10:04
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

An impressive result for sure. Red Corsair were my hopeful pick when the draw was made. Hopeful rather than likely, but they managed to do it!

That's 2 years in a row now that a forlorn team has won the GLT. Will we see a 3rd?

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
Verminardo

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2015 - 10:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Well done, unbelievable, Jimmy was wrong!! That alone makes it a fine day. Wink Many congratulations!
Badoek

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2015 - 10:24 Reply with quote Back to top

grats Strider!

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2015 - 10:30
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

So, what 70k player will humanity choose? It's a tough call. I thing reforging the old alliance with the Dwarves would be a fine choice.

Edit:
I think Dwarf Blocker might be the best choice. Extra S access. Comes with Pro (which is pretty decent for blocking). Give him Guard and Mb by 31spp and he'd be ace. Technically Chaos Dwarf is better, but not as fluffy and it's a marginal gain.

Other interesting options would be: High Elf Lineman (Blodge Pro at 31), Pact Elf (for standard M access, but animosity), Ghoul (what I think human catchers should be, and with an apo!), Beastman (SM access CPOMBer).

Last edited by mister__joshua on %b %02, %2015 - %10:%Jul; edited 1 time in total
 Jump to: