50 coaches online • Server time: 18:55
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Is CLAWPOMB really a problem?
Yes, absolutley
55%
 55%  [ 464 ]
No, Chaos Dwarfs Disagree
20%
 20%  [ 174 ]
Still Haven't Decided
8%
 8%  [ 75 ]
Pie!
15%
 15%  [ 127 ]
Total Votes : 840

PainState

Post   Posted: Jun 24, 2015 - 00:49 Reply with quote Back to top

fidius wrote:
I think you put the "B" (Bash=+avroll) in General, the "M" (Mangle=+injroll) in Strength, move MB to Extraordinary for BGs only, "fix" PO so it works less well for low-strength mens, make Claw non-stack, add a fouling +inj skill on doubles for everyone except stunty (where it's a normal), make SG work like Pro on the whistle, and Bob's your friggin uncle.

You lost me when you decided to Buff Stunties and fouling...total game changer and I will never support this.

Confused

Post   Posted: Jun 24, 2015 - 00:50 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
fidius wrote:
I think you put the "B" (Bash=+avroll) in General, the "M" (Mangle=+injroll) in Strength, move MB to Extraordinary for BGs only, "fix" PO so it works less well for low-strength mens, make Claw non-stack, add a fouling +inj skill on doubles for everyone except stunty (where it's a normal), make SG work like Pro on the whistle, and Bob's your friggin uncle.

You lost me when you decided to Buff Stunties and fouling...total game changer and I will never support this.

Confused

Why are you so scared of those short little legs?
PainState

Post   Posted: Jun 24, 2015 - 00:53 Reply with quote Back to top

mrt1212 wrote:
PainState wrote:
fidius wrote:

Confused

Why are you so scared of those short little legs?

Oh, sir, I was scarred early in my FUMBBL life. This match report is game #7 of the Buccaneers and most likely my 10th match in total on FUMBBL.

Run from the stunty legs of death!!!

Post   Posted: Jun 24, 2015 - 02:51 Reply with quote Back to top

This is the thread that doesn't end,
It just goes on and on my friend.
Some people, started discussing it,
Not knowing what it was.
And they'll keep discussing it,
Forever just because...

Post   Posted: Jun 24, 2015 - 04:12 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:

Ah ha, but I had you til then, didn't I??

Naturally I don't mean Stunty per se, but Goblins and Snotlings for sure, maybe Halflings. Specifically I'm thinking of a new skill category called Cheating that Gobs & Snots have normal access to. Could limit it to only certain player types, ie certain fouling positionals, if you're so scare. Wink

The overall theme of course is to 'spread the wealth around' (and slow progression a bit) when it comes to attrition skillstacks.

The other thing you'd have to pair it with though is a major change to the way injuries are handled. I'd suggest making CAS rolls only on natural 10-12 rolls. Modified 10-12 would be auto-BH.
albinv

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2015 - 17:47 Reply with quote Back to top

/complain
The_Great_Gobbo

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2015 - 18:15 Reply with quote Back to top

awambawamb

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2015 - 19:55 Reply with quote Back to top

could be worse.
could be that whenever a player is injured by THE CLAW, all other opponent's players around the injured players roll for armor as well with a +3 on the roll. because DA CLAW IZ DA BOMB.

huff

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2015 - 01:41 Reply with quote Back to top

awambawamb wrote:
could be worse.

... And we'd prolly have less people playing the game.

Could be better... And prolly more people playing the game.

Could stay the same.
Angmarred

Post   Posted: Jul 12, 2015 - 18:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Instead of nerfing cpomb why don't we buff other things?

New skill ideas

Quick Feet (A) - the player is extraordinarily agile, even when on the ground. The Tackle skill may not be used to negate Dodge when this player dodges (but still affect Block dice as normal) and the Piling On skill may not be used against this player.

Heavy Armor (G) - no modifiers to armor rolls again t this player (Mighty Blow, Claw) may be used.
huff

Post   Posted: Jul 12, 2015 - 19:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Looking at the poll results.. Over 3/4's (when we don't count pie! option) of coaches say it's a problem. About 1/5 say it's fine as is.
Beerox

Post   Posted: Jul 12, 2015 - 21:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Angmarred wrote:

New skill ideas

Quick Feet (A) - the player is extraordinarily agile, even when on the ground. The Tackle skill may not be used to negate Dodge when this player dodges (but still affect Block dice as normal) and the Piling On skill may not be used against this player.

Heavy Armor (G) - no modifiers to armor rolls again t this player (Mighty Blow, Claw) may be used.

If there is a skill to be created, it is Lay Down. This is the only way to give the unique perk of going prone to all players.

But oh no, this would make a mockery of the game!

But then again, having a player hurt your guy, and then be unable able to get him back with claw/MB/PO/etc.... because he has gone prone... well that makes a mockery of it already. The most savage skill in the game is accompanied by one of the most protective perks. If anyone else wants to go prone in a bloodless fashion, they can only use wrestle.

Let everyone do it.

So I'mm all for the Lay Down skill. Ahoy!
PainState

Post   Posted: Jul 12, 2015 - 21:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Beerox wrote:
Angmarred wrote:

New skill ideas

If there is a skill to be created, it is Lay Down. This is the only way to give the unique perk of going prone to all players.

But oh no, this would make a mockery of the game!

But then again, having a player hurt your guy, and then be unable able to get him back with claw/MB/PO/etc.... because he has gone prone... well that makes a mockery of it already. The most savage skill in the game is accompanied by one of the most protective perks. If anyone else wants to go prone in a bloodless fashion, they can only use wrestle.

Let everyone do it.

So I'mm all for the Lay Down skill. Ahoy!

Well in the vein of CRP of skill/counter skill then if a player invokes the new LayDown skill any player with the DirtyPlayer gets +2/+2 on his FOUL.

Post   Posted: Jul 12, 2015 - 23:04 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
Well in the vein of CRP of skill/counter skill then if a player invokes the new LayDown skill any player with the DirtyPlayer gets +2/+2 on his FOUL.

That would be a good one to apply to fouling against someone who had just piled on. Maybe +2/+1 would be sufficient.

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2015 - 19:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Damn elf players still wanting to take the blood out of Blood Bowl. Razz What we need to do is bring back casaulties for fouls and revive RSC, not to mention the old Javabbowl client.

While I'm dreaming I also want to be rich and what have you.

Go Chaos.