20 coaches online • Server time: 07:27
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
CaptainKrunch

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2015 - 22:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Is there one? I ask because a good friend and myself intend to start a league, and I would like some insight.

If there's not, I'd love if we could start a discussion here all in one place about it for players/commisioners who are new to the tabletop experience, which could all be compiled into one document (I could do the compiling).

Some questions I think would be helpful are listed below but if you can think of anything else, please feel free to add.

1. Where are the best/your favorite places to purchase models, pitches, templates, dice, and other things necessary to play Tabletop?

2. What are your favorite painting guides, particularly for newer players but also for advanced players? Do you know of any fun DIY guides for making custom pitches or things like that?

3. For those who are transitioning from Fumbbl or Cyanide, what are the biggest differences between online blood bowl and table top? What differences are there in terms of team building? What are the best inducements? Do you use some, all, or none of the cards available?

4. What are good league formats? How many games a week, and how many weeks per season? What do you do about players dropping out or wanting to join midseason? What do you do about draws? Do you prefer a tournament at the end of the season? If so, how do you organize it? Does the winner get any advantages next season, and if so, what?

5. Do you use house rules? If so, what are they? Are there races you disallow or have added?

6. Most importantly, whats the best kind of pie to serve during games?

That's all I can think of off the top of my head to ask.
sann0638

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2015 - 22:39 Reply with quote Back to top

http://www.thenaf.net/leagues/

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2015 - 22:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Excellent link, and quick response. Thanks so much!
 Jump to: