11 coaches online • Server time: 06:24
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post BB2020 - Kick team m...goto Post What happened?goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Jul 25, 2015 - 12:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi all,

The next tournament in our Online NAF series will begin on Monday, August 17th, and we hope it will be our biggest and best event yet. Our ruleset will be based upon the greatest show of all, the NAF World Cup!

For those not in the know, this November, over 900 coaches will arrive in Lucca, Italy to contest the NAF World Cup (see the website here). Over 3 days, 9 games will be played between teams of six to decide the biggest prize in tournament Blood Bowl. More importantly than that, coaches from across the globe will come together to celebrate this fine game over one or two small beers. Sound good? It bloody will be!

The online event will be fully Lucca themed, with physical prizes of WC pitches and miniatures to be won, and a team based tournament within a tournament on the side. Big thanks to the WC organisers for their support!

Full details for the event (via the rulespack) will be available from next Monday (3rd August) both here and across the usual channels, and you’ll be able to apply to the tournament on the 10th. Until then, please feel free to ask any questions below! Get YOUR World Cup started early by getting involved this August!

Rulespack Summary

• Non-progression Blood Bowl!
• Team treasury: 1.10 M gold
• Format: 6 games of Swiss in ~ 30-40 team groups formed according to timezone preference (Europe, America, Oceania), followed by a playoff. The size / number of groups will depend on applications
• Weekly rounds
• Skill package as close to the World Cup ‘Tier 1’ skill package as possible within the format
• Team based side tournament
• Physical World Cup prizes for the overall winner and two coaches selected at random

Cheers!

Phil / Goo.
straume

Post   Posted: Jul 27, 2015 - 13:30 Reply with quote Back to top

"and a team based tournament within a tournament on the side."

Now, I don`t really understand what this means? Will the Fumbbl-event be team based (like WC) or will there be several tournaments? Or some meta points?
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Jul 27, 2015 - 19:11 Reply with quote Back to top

All will become clear next Monday!

Essentially, the team event will be a meta point based thing, as you put it. The World Cup Warm Up is an event much like you're used to, but we're going to inject some fluffy, team based points scoring along the way for those into it.
Verminardo

Post   Posted: Jul 27, 2015 - 19:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Oooh, very nice indeed. I'll be on vacation the first week but I guess I can get away with taking a laptop and playing one game...
pubstar

Post   Posted: Jul 27, 2015 - 20:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Will teams from the Dutch Open be eligible? My drunken deathroller needs vindication after falling just short of the NA group victory, and I would love to apply with the team.

Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Jul 27, 2015 - 20:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Should be fine!
Tripleskull

Post   Posted: Jul 30, 2015 - 08:42 Reply with quote Back to top

I love this. Great job making it happen!
Grod

Post   Posted: Jul 30, 2015 - 09:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Will tier 3 teams be allowed to use inducements (while tier 1 and 2 teams not) ?

Oscar Wilde
Grod

Post   Posted: Jul 30, 2015 - 10:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Also, do "teams" have to all have different races?

GrodWhoIsVeryImpatientAndNotWaitingForMondayForClarification

Oscar Wilde
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Jul 30, 2015 - 11:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Hehe, keenness is OK. Encouraged, in fact!

But in this case I'll preach patience. I'm glad our 'teaser' had you hooked, but this stuff will become clear Monday, promise! You can expect us to get as close to the WC rules as we possibly can.
Joemanji

Post   Posted: Jul 30, 2015 - 14:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Looking forward to it!

Post   Posted: Jul 30, 2015 - 16:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, great news.
The non-progression tournament on Fumbbl are really great. Very Happy
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2015 - 20:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi gang!

As you can see from my blog (and soon to be the front page), we have a rulespack!

Applications and team creation will go live on the 10th, and we kick off on the 17th. Can't wait! Smile
jamesfarrell129

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2015 - 15:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Sparkly prizes!!! Me wants in!

Question: I play my first 5 games, then in my last game my opponent goes AWOL. I get a forfeit win. I presume I count as having played all 6 games, though I actually haven't?

Related question: will you be letting substitute coaches into the random draw? i.e. if someone drops out after a week and you replace them, and the replacement plays 5 games, will they be eligible?

These rules don't allow me to make a completely stupid roster with a star player or two, which I don't like... but SHINY THINGS mean I will probably enter!

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2015 - 16:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi there.

If your opponent forfeits a game, you've played it according to the random draw, have no fear. Substitutes won't be eligible for the random prizes, but I wouldn't let that stop any late entrants enjoying some NAF action. But, you know, apply on time for a chance at prizes! Smile
 Jump to: