50 coaches online • Server time: 18:03
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post test mode doesnt wor...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Khor_Varik

Post   Posted: Aug 21, 2015 - 15:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Suggestions from Roland are great.
I especially like the idea of a calendar, as I have made one in BBcode for a group: https://fumbbl.com/p/group&group=8641&op=view (Saison => Calendrier) but it takes time to create and update. If the same calendar could be automatically created and updated, it will be great.

2. A) Double Round Robin option, just like regular Round Robin, but each team meet each other twice in a season. (Swedish League came up with it in a workshop).
B) If not possible, make tournament tables fully editable, not just the "Score".

Making the tournament tables fully editable would be useful. There are lots of ways to schedule a tournament, and the simplest way could be to edit it like one's wishes. For example what my group would like is a "swiss round" without facing a team more than once. Or a round-robin with a limited number of matches.

And maybe... Some automatical teams/players rankings ordered by cp's, td's, cas, etc?
Our rankings were totally manual (but thanks to Wreckage I've found a way to get it with Shraaaag scripts). If you can implement it, it would be great too!
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Aug 21, 2015 - 15:19
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

I think this is just about Group Pages rather than groups as a whole, but I agree that the ability to set tie breaker and to set point scores in Swiss would be nice options.

@Christer&Koadah: Yeah, sorry. I meant as Christer said that it would negate their use for an open format. That what I've used them for and what I assumed you used them for in 145 and OLC, but if not then ORRs would still have some value. In that regard yes the layout could do with a change as when you put over 25 teams in the grid is massive and goes off the page. Could it be made collapsible in some way or would that be more trouble that it's worth?

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
pythrr

Post   Posted: Aug 21, 2015 - 18:02 Reply with quote Back to top

League (group) Blog sounds very useful.

Thx for all the upcoming improvements, good sir.

Post   Posted: Aug 21, 2015 - 19:47 Reply with quote Back to top

mister__joshua wrote:
I think this is just about Group Pages rather than groups as a whole.

Yup. For me the "calendar" seems like an improvement of the "tournaments" group page, but maybe it was already planned.
PainState

Post   Posted: Aug 21, 2015 - 20:03 Reply with quote Back to top

If a league has multiple tournaments going on at the same time the ability for the admins to hit a PM group button that only sends a message to the coaches playing in that specific tournament.

Instead of PMing the entire League or having to add coaches to a conversation.

So on each tournament there would be another button to PM all the coaches in that specific tournament.

Post   Posted: Aug 28, 2015 - 23:58 Reply with quote Back to top

One thing that I would like to be added is that on a leagues group page that coaches that are online are shown next to the coaches names.

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2015 - 10:13 Reply with quote Back to top

I would love to have the 'Recent Matches' of the group displayed somehow.

Following a large tournament would be much more comfortable with this. It could look like the 'Recent Matches' on the coach overview or be a in the 'More' block like the 'Upcoming Matches'.
Balle2000

Post   Posted: Sep 25, 2015 - 12:14 Reply with quote Back to top

FEATURE REQUESTS:
- the ability to add menu items to the standard menu (next to Overview, Tournaments, etc)
- indicators for each tournament of what rules are in effect (e.g. a tiny spiked ball icon etc)
Garion

Post   Posted: Sep 25, 2015 - 12:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Balle2000 wrote:
FEATURE REQUESTS:
- the ability to add menu items to the standard menu (next to Overview, Tournaments, etc)
- indicators for each tournament of what rules are in effect (e.g. a tiny spiked ball icon etc)

They can both be done pretty easdily with some simple BB Code by the league admin.

Post   Posted: Sep 25, 2015 - 12:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
Balle2000 wrote:
FEATURE REQUESTS:

They can both be done pretty easdily with some simple BB Code by the league admin.

Really? Cool. The second one, yeah, (it would be nice to have this automatic and standardised by the site), but the first one, how do you add those?

Putting the romantic in necromantic since 2010
Garion

Post   Posted: Sep 25, 2015 - 12:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Just like this for example -
https://fumbbl.com/p/group&group=7734&op=view

Post   Posted: Sep 25, 2015 - 13:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
Just like this for example -
https://fumbbl.com/p/group&group=7734&op=view

Well... obviously Smile... but I meant on the same levels as the "official" links. For example right in between "Tournaments" and "Group Members".

Putting the romantic in necromantic since 2010
Garion

Post   Posted: Sep 25, 2015 - 13:52 Reply with quote Back to top

no you cant do that, but the example I posted is just as good. So why change what isnt broke Wink
Balle2000

Post   Posted: Sep 25, 2015 - 13:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
no you cant do that

I'm very aware of that, which is why I submitted a feature request Smile
 Jump to: