46 coaches online • Server time: 00:49
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
noxnoctum

Post   Posted: Sep 17, 2015 - 14:48 Reply with quote Back to top

I made my first team blackbox before realizing that ranked seems to have a lot more games going on at any one time (which is an issue for me as I play during the middle of the night). So I retired it (this is before any games were played). Problem is I'm somewhat attached to the team name so is there any way for me to get rid of it completely so I can remake it in ranked using the same name? Failing that can an admin help me out here?
xnoelx

Post   Posted: Sep 17, 2015 - 14:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Generally, no, you can't do that, you'd have to use a different name. Usually people will just amend it slightly, with different capitalization, spacing, some slight difference. There is an exception at the moment though , because of the donation drive for new servers. There's an article on the site's front page about it, but basically, if you make a donation, you can ask for certain moves/unretirements/renaming that aren't usually possible.

Post   Posted: Sep 17, 2015 - 14:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Only way to revive the name, other than adding some symbols either side of it, is to donate $25 during this month as one of the rewards you can choose from is to take a name back from an old team.

I wouldn't advise it though for such a young team. Just go from something like this

Team Name

to this

~Team Name~

Fumbbl Image Library - Free images to make logos, player bio pics etc
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Sep 17, 2015 - 14:52 Reply with quote Back to top

First off, let me say it's a shame that you felt the need to retire your blackbox team.
But you are right that night hours are not perfect for the box. But we can always need more people to have it keep going.

A team name usually is lost once a team with the name is created. However at the moment there is a donation drive going on so that Christer can buy a new server. From what I hear people who have donated have been allowed to do things like having teams renamed.
noxnoctum

Post   Posted: Sep 18, 2015 - 07:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the tips guys. Yeah paying $25 for a literally brand new team may be a bit excessive, I've got with the ~ ~ idea... lots of variants of that too if I ever need it again, thanks for the tip Wink.
 Jump to: