17 coaches online • Server time: 06:24
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Theory-craft Leaguegoto Post On-spot substitution...goto Post Juggernaut as counte...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Sep 26, 2015 - 18:40 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't think you can transfer a Ranked team to Box.

Post   Posted: Sep 26, 2015 - 18:52 Reply with quote Back to top

JackassRampant wrote:
I don't think you can transfer a Ranked team to Box.

Well it seems you are correct sir, a reminder that it is just as important to understand what you read. Ranked can transfer to league....Box can transfer to ranked or league.

Well, so now the discussion is do I bring back Gromstomp Limb render who is currently working for the Green Tide and the Great Maw OR bring back one of my really pimped out retired players from the ages past.

Last edited by PainState on Sep 26, 2015 - 19:41; edited 1 time in total
Arktoris

Post   Posted: Sep 26, 2015 - 18:53 Reply with quote Back to top

I had a player at six skills when the new rules started. When he hit 176...no new skill roll.

While switching to the Box would be a demotion, I don't believe the rules allow for it.

my suggestion is get that legend ogre back.

Post   Posted: Sep 26, 2015 - 19:04 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd go with that Ogre too, he's pretty tasty Very Happy

Fumbbl Image Library - Free images to make logos, player bio pics etc
Nightbird

Post   Posted: Sep 26, 2015 - 19:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe you should make a poll w/ some solid choices of players to unretire Question

Post   Posted: Sep 26, 2015 - 19:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Nightbird wrote:
Maybe you should make a poll w/ some solid choices of players to unretire Question

Yeah, I could do that...but...it means I have to move and do stuff.

Surprised

Post   Posted: Jul 18, 2022 - 06:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Relive the Old Buccaneers and take a trip to the past
Buccaneers total game tracker
Old Bucs 1496 total games 487/230/779
Buccaneers 2020: 2 games 2/0/0

TOTAL FRANCHISE GAMES: 1498 games played.
Most games played by a Human team on FUMBBL, maybe the entire world.

Blood Sea Buccaneers 2020 squad

Buccaneers start a new chapter in their long and storied franchise

The Buccaneers have been gone for a long time, 2 years at sea and no one has scene them. Oh, there are rumors of their demise or they have set themselves up like kings on some island off of Lustria and sitting on a mountain of gold, booze and women. Basically every rumor of the Old Buccaneers is a variation of those two tales.

JJ Jones JR, owner and general manager of the Bucs wakes up every morning in his palatial mansion and scans the harbor of Altdorf, wondering if his team will ever return.

The routine is always the same, he grabs his telescope, scans the harbor and the horizon. hoping beyond hope that they will show up. He is losing money hand over fist every week his team is not playing, he is starting to get frantic and going insane.

One day as he was pacing around his balcony, yelling at some agitator over his third story balcony to get off his lawn one of his advisors walks in with a note in his hand.

He informs JJ that due to the teams lack of appearances on the pitch JJ can cancel all contracts with every player, past and present. He can then file a petition with the BB2020 FUMBBL director of teams and in essence, restart a new Buccaneer team. The teams sponsors and fans have been sending him hate mail for over a year that JJ is stuck in the past, wont move on with the new hotness and he is to old to know that no matter what he does...no one cares.

Well for a week JJ mulled it over, read every fan letter sent in. Burned all the good letters but he kept all the negative ones, especially the ones that called him old and stuck in the past. He is going to show those sums a bitches and make the best version of the Buccaneers anybody has ever scene and they will have to eat crow.

So, with reluctance and a little shaking of the hands....JJ Jones bids the old Buccaneers a fair well. He spends a day, drunk, thinking he made a bad choice, The old bucs could show up at any time. Then he rereads the fine print in 4 font that if they do return, well you will have to redraft to a 1350 TV and basically have to fire every player anyway.

The next day he wakes up and feels refreshed. Signs all the documents, the bankers transfer him 1 million gold and he goes out with his scouting staff to the stadium and starts looking over players to reboot the franchise.

The Blood Sea Buccaneers are reborn, rebranded the Blood Sea Buccaneers 2020, new uniforms, new banners and logos, sexy looking cheerleaders and old school blood bowl coaches. Massive marketing campaign all across the Empire to rally the Buccaneer faithful back into the fold. The future has begun, lets see if it lasts as long as the past Buccaneers did.

Post   Posted: Jul 18, 2022 - 07:44 Reply with quote Back to top

2 wins to start. I'll watch those replays. Good job.

Post   Posted: Jul 18, 2022 - 09:18 Reply with quote Back to top

If/When ranked teams can be converted to Competitive, will the old Bucaneers be converted or just sail into the sunset never to return?
PainState

Post   Posted: Jul 18, 2022 - 15:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Kondor wrote:
If/When ranked teams can be converted to Competitive, will the old Bucaneers be converted or just sail into the sunset never to return?

Well, there is a part of me that is fine with just moving on with the new Buccaneer team and see how that grows and test the limits of BB2020 rule set in a open enviroment like C on FUMBBL.

The other part of me wants to wait and once the R div gets converted to reboot the old Bucs and keep them going.

I know I will have fun and I will include everyone else who cares on how to trim the Old squad back down to 1350.

My gut says..have fun with the old team on the trim.

BUT

Buccaneers 2020 is the team moving forward. They are clean, a true BB2020 team and see what I can do with that squad. A new history, a new legacy and in the end the Buccaneer Franchise is so large, it will not hurt their image at all. Maybe some of the fans will be soured by me turning my back on the old squad, I dont know.

Lets just play it out and see what happens in the future. Right now in the present, Buccaneers 2020 is the new hotness to arrive on the scene in C.

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2022 - 03:18 Reply with quote Back to top

The door to the locker room blows open, then bends and blows itself off the hinges.

The Buccaneers storm in the locker pissed off, angry and just down right want to beat some people up. Krickack enters the bath room and rips a toilet off the ground and throws it through a wall. Parsons is so mad he destroys his own locker, ripping the door off and throwing it across the room. They cannot believe that chaos team beat them. So many chances blown and so many shots to win.

Coach Hicksey sits in the corner and just lets the players "stew" in defeat. This is a good thing in his mind...the bitter taste of defeat is a glorious fuel for the next match.

It is to bad the Buccaneers suffered a defeat on game 1500 of their franchise but Coach knows he has a bunch of young lads that are full of energy and determination. Get them primed for the UI.

Buccaneers 2020 suffer their first loss

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2022 - 05:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Bucs are primed and ready for the kick off of Majors action in the BB2020 ERA of FUMBBL.

The team is in Ulthuan and getting set for the draw. They are in high spirits and the fans are going nuts!!!!! The out pouring of support from the Buccaneer faithful has the team riding a "high" right now.. going into the UI with 7 Dedicated Fans....They are loud and looking for something magical to happen. Lets see if the new look Bucs can get it done.

Buccaneers UI squad...they are primed and ready

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2022 - 09:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Unwilling to let the Blood Sea Bucs get all the classic Human glory legendary humans American Scotts are back as well and in their new 2020 Form

When asked what their plans for the future were they answered "to beat the Blood Sea Buccaneers again, just like the
last
three
times.

---

Wow it's been a long road, with those matching being in 2008 & 2010 but it's nice to see the Buccs kicking again. Looking back at those match reports that first one is the Scott's 100th win and the end of the Legendary original Krikack.

What a match.

Also somehow I lucked out and won all 3 of our matches 2-1.

Best of luck in the UI and may your Major dreams with humans finally come true.
Rabe

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2022 - 10:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Good luck with the new Buccs!

You almost inspired me to (re-)create the Agility Monsters in a 2020 version... but then I thought: What fun is it if you can actually shape the team with mere patience instead of luck into the allround-dwelfballing team you have always dreamed of? I'm still contemplating on the answer...

Post   Posted: Oct 12, 2022 - 04:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Buccaneers first season comes to a close on a sour note. Season started fast for the Bucs but then adversity took hold and the Bucs limp across the end line of Season #1 with a record of 6/3/6 no bueno man.

Bucs though learned a lot of this new landscape in the C div.

Here is what the squad looks like after all the pink slips where handed out.

Buccaneers squad headed into season #2

Here is my take on this redraft business and player/team development.

* 15 games is more than enough to take a rookie or very low TV team into the 1700+ range of TV by the end. (if that is what you are looking for. Tournament teams Iam starting to think should find their sweet spot in the 1300 to 1500 TV range to be compoetitive. FUMBBL cup is coming up so we will have a better grasp of BB2020 and its impact on teams and C majors)

* Gold is no longer just sitting in your treasury doing nothing like the old rule sets. If you have 150K+ in gold...use it. Blow it all or in small doses (babes is my favorite for most matches, either one or two if I think it will be a brutal match)

* If your TV is under 1300 then I think activating in the box is most likely the best way to go. Once you hit that 1500+TV range you are most likely going to have to go the pick route if you want to get a game in a reasonable time frame.

*When I redrafted "for real" Iam still think agent fees should be disabled for players. With agent fees you will have to cut a lot of players. Iam fine with every one redrafting at 1350TV and off you go.

*Yes, I totally gutted my team on redraft due to the fact I was messing around with skill ups. Took a lot of random primary. Now, RP skills are kinda of cool in principal but in practice..I will never take a RP as my first skill. IT IS VERY CLEAR TO ME YOUR FIRST SKILL NEEDS TO BE A Picked Primary. Block/dodge/tackle/guard/MB/Wrestle are the only skills I will consider on that first skill.

*After that first Picked Primary...then it depends on which positional player. Linemen after the first allways go random. General skills as a RP skill you will get a skill you can generally use.

Random Agility is also really good. Iam thinking of making one of my blitzers with only random secondary (agility) skills. Agility skills on a Blitzer I think offers something different for the lineup.

Now the "ogre" in the room. Random S skills SUCK. I did that on my Ogre and man was that a mistake. Inless you get brawler or guard right off the bat the S line gives the Ogre nothing. Yeah, it might be cool and all but a rookie ogre is just as good as skilled ogre with all randoms if he does not get brawler.

Thrower skills: Meh..with the new skills it has totally messed up the skills and Iam still trying to figure out what to do on this skill tree. I can say all Random Thrower skills is NOT the way to go. If you are actually trying to make a thrower who throws the ball.

+Stat: did not save up for that. Iam thinking of trying to go for a +stat on one of my rookie blitzers as first skill. We will see if I have the patience to not take G or MB as first skill.

Well those are my thoughts after season #1. Onwards and upwards we enter season #2 and looking to improve that poor performance from season #1

cya guys on the pitch.