40 coaches online • Server time: 17:41
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2015 - 03:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Gurbo wrote:

Hmm... Up until now, the help section has covered pretty much everything. My only question right now is if I have to bother someone to check on the uploaded images or if they get added to a list to check or something.

Hi there. Newly uploaded images get first displayed inside red borders. That means they are pending for approval. So, they get on a list any admin can check and accept. Only after that has happened you will be able to display your image on the site. You can recognize this because the red borders will have turned black in your image library.
Material generally not approved is GW material, such as explicitly fotos of miniatures and any even remotely sexual content.

the time it takes for a picture to be approved can be highly erradic as it is as mentioned basically just that a human (one of about 8 ) has to click on the list of newly submitted images and to clear them.
So if you are lucky your image will be approved within seconds. If you are unlucky or playing late nights (euro time) you may have to wait a couple of hours.
sann0638

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2015 - 08:37 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:

akarenton would it be a good idea to include Sann's youtube video in the welcome pm and forum topic? Lots of learners find visual information better for progression.

Thanks HM - I think that's the plan.

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2015 - 09:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello there,

I am a new coach as well. I had minimal experience quite a long time ago, so I am quite fresh to Blood Bowl. Some of you have already beaten me, and I've yet to score a touchdown or even draw a match.

That said the learning process has been fun so far. Some language barriers had to be overcome in a few guides and articles around the place, but the game is mostly intuitive, so it's working out alright.

And people have been very friendly so far. Unless I tried to score. I will score one day, mark my words.

Anyway, see you all out there!
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2015 - 09:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome. You will. Wink
Throweck

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2015 - 09:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome Manti! You will get there, keep at it Smile

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2015 - 19:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome Stu-Stu and Manti Very Happy

Yep, will be adding the videos. I work daytime Saturdays so have yet to get round to it, but will do it over this weekend.

On a side note I'd been working on player portraits all in the same style for all CRP races, and had just one more to make. Somehow in the process of trying to load up the parts for that last image I wiped all 24 teams worth of work (that's every positional for every team, and multiple versions of linemen for each). Oops, 2 weeks work down the pan Very Happy

Fumbbl Image Library - Free images to make logos, player bio pics etc
Balle2000

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2015 - 20:17 Reply with quote Back to top

akaRenton wrote:
Somehow in the process of trying to load up the parts for that last image I wiped all 24 teams worth of work (that's every positional for every team, and multiple versions of linemen for each).

??? commiserations man. so you have to start from scratch?
akaRenton

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2015 - 20:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Yup! It was the entire folder that wiped, with even the source images etc Very Happy

Balle2000

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2015 - 21:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Sad maybe there's a software that can undelete it? i know there has been before.
Jajaja

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2015 - 21:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi,

I'm Jajaja, a new manager. I've played today my first BB game against a human opponent and he has wiped me out. A nice guy, indeed.
akaRenton

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2015 - 22:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome Jajaja Very Happy

The_Great_Gobbo

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2015 - 19:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Wot iz goin on? Y iz yew all bein nice ter dese new koachez? Mek em ern dere stripez an letz weed der chaff frum der weed (meks fer a betta smoke).

An fer all yew new gitz I iz der best Gobbo an if yew wanna fite bowt it den let me no!
akaRenton

Post   Posted: Oct 05, 2015 - 20:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome to FUMBBL note is updated, clickable in the opening post Very Happy

bigbullies

Post   Posted: Oct 06, 2015 - 02:46 Reply with quote Back to top

hello to all those who are new to this site
just a tip : please read the help section
if real life pops up and you have to go you do not have to concede your game ok.
ask your opponent if they are happy to reschedule the rest of the match.
most coaches on here would rather play the full game over 2 parts than have a concession the few that dont like it will tell you when you ask.
akaRenton

Post   Posted: Oct 06, 2015 - 21:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Have added clickable link to help section in welcome note, and mention and link to the FUMBBL Image Library.

Jump to: