42 coaches online • Server time: 11:52
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Box ranking pa...goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Dodge
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
the_Sage

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2015 - 17:37 Reply with quote Back to top

I would be torn between diving tackle and dodge. Would probably go with dodge on a team where all sauri get dodge on doubles, and diving tackle on a team where they don't.

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2015 - 17:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Min0s wrote:

MDeLarge wrote:
Me neither, better take Pass Block (fudge, can't trolling him since pass block is not implemented in Cyanide) Laughing (double trolling)

In fact they did. In Blood Bowl 2 at least, I don't recall seeing it in the first PC game.

They did, but only this week. To be fair it took fumbbl a while as well.
Min0s

Post   Posted: Oct 08, 2015 - 14:13 Reply with quote Back to top

I finally chose Dodge aiming for the long term. I couldn't really test it yesterday : of the 3 matchs I did, they all conceded before it got interesting (I admit this kroxi is a bit scary :p)
MDeLarge

Post   Posted: Oct 08, 2015 - 14:44 Reply with quote Back to top

the_Sage wrote:
Min0s wrote:

MDeLarge wrote:
Me neither, better take Pass Block (fudge, can't trolling him since pass block is not implemented in Cyanide) Laughing (double trolling)

In fact they did. In Blood Bowl 2 at least, I don't recall seeing it in the first PC game.

They did, but only this week. To be fair it took fumbbl a while as well.

I told him in my post behind it, they said that Pass Block was implemented, BUT did they test it properly (you know with Cacht/DivingCatch/Both, Leap, Being under Disturbing Presense, Being Tentacled, etc, etc)? I guess NO THEY DIDN'T
MDeLarge

Post   Posted: Oct 08, 2015 - 14:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Min0s wrote:
I finally chose Dodge aiming for the long term. I couldn't really test it yesterday : of the 3 matchs I did, they all conceded before it got interesting (I admit this kroxi is a bit scary :p)

Now you can combo with Break Tackle and make him a Cage Breaker. Idea
Fingard

Post   Posted: Oct 08, 2015 - 16:08 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd have gone for leader or side step, depending on the environment (TV based - like Blackbox - or not).
Too late though Smile
Uedder

Post   Posted: Oct 08, 2015 - 16:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Leader = save 30tv on a reroll. Worth a double? meh

Sidestep = you have access to stand firm on a normal roll. Worth a double? dunno.

Dodge was the right choice.
Aflo

Post   Posted: Oct 08, 2015 - 16:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Ha, shadowing would be mega. Taking that on the next krox to roll two doubles.
Gurbo

Post   Posted: Oct 08, 2015 - 16:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Aflo wrote:
Ha, shadowing would be mega. Taking that on the next krox to roll two doubles.

And the Krox is the only big guy who could pull a decent Shadowing. Maybe also the Rat Ogre... but I wouldn't pass Pro on a second double on a Rat Ogre.
Fingard

Post   Posted: Oct 08, 2015 - 17:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Uedder wrote:
Leader = save 30tv on a reroll. Worth a double? meh

Sidestep = you have access to stand firm on a normal roll. Worth a double? dunno.

Dodge was the right choice.

About dodge vs Side step: you can block a Krox with blodge, but you won't block a block-SS Krox many many times (unless you like gambling).
Dodge could be better than SS if used with break tackle, but then you should skip stand firm (please don't) or wait until 76spp (could take ages).

About SF: yes it's great on a Krox, but SS is just better.

About leader: simply the best BB skill in a TV-based environment, especially on a ST5 AV9 block thick skull guy.
licker

Post   Posted: Oct 08, 2015 - 17:14 Reply with quote Back to top

I dunno about side step...

It's not that hard to force the side step to a square you don't care about, seems even more likely when you need to pile on assists.

I'm not saying side step is bad though, but frankly, on ST5 players, they aren't getting blocked much in the first place, and they usually aren't getting blocked by tackle players either (dauntless dwarfs aside), dodge means he's still up, even if pushed (that's why stand firm though), side step means you choose which square he is down in.
Meanandugl

Post   Posted: Oct 08, 2015 - 17:42 Reply with quote Back to top

What licker and DrDiscoStu said: take dodge

hhmm, should have looked at the end of the thread before posting. Anyway, dodge is the right choice imo.
 Jump to: