37 coaches online • Server time: 14:46
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
McSquigginton

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2015 - 16:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi, I'm Squiggy McSquigginton, I signed up to FUMBBL today and am just wandering round the website/forum trying to get a handle on the system used. Just thought I'd introduce myself.
I'm 34, from Manchester England, played Blood Bowl a LOT in the olden days of death Zone etc, kinda rusty and still learning the new rules and changes, but feel I need to scratch that BB itch, and frankly cyanide's game just doesn't do it for me...so, on the recommendation of a good friend, thought I'd sign up here.
I mostly play wood elves, humans, norse and orcs, though I've yet to make teams here barring a basic woodie team I threw together just so I could explore the client, get used to the gamefinder etc (thanks for the tips matey) and look forward to getting my head kicked in by many people in many new and interesting ways. Unsure as of yet where is best to start playing, but i thought a quick forum post and trawl of the site first was advisable, so here I am, and here I go. nice to meet y'all.
Uedder

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2015 - 16:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome to Fumbbl, sir!

Take a read here , lots of useful informations.
McSquigginton

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2015 - 16:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Uedder wrote:
Welcome to Fumbbl, sir!

Take a read here , lots of useful informations.

Thanks very much!

I anticipate screwing up magnificently as I get my head around the client, the controls, not clickingpressing the wrong thing at PRECISELY the wrong moment, et cetera, but I also anticipate a lot of fun and mayhem! I'm going to spend some time exploring the site, learning the rules and regs, maybe chatting and spectating a little, before I jump in to get my head kicked in for the first of my many many future beatings. Appreciate the welcome, and moreso the link with some lovely tips and advice. pleasure meeting you sir.
Mr_Foulscumm

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2015 - 16:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome to Fumbbl! There's a nice bunch of folks here, I'm sure you'll have a great time! Smile

edit: also the client is really intuitive. The only real dangers for misclicks are: Apoth and unintended dodges... and well, remember you have to declare the pass, blitz and hand off actions at the START of the players movement.

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2015 - 16:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi welcome to fumbbl. There are beginners leagues, the guy that runs it (Koadah) will no doubt pop up pretty soon with links and info and so on.

If you want to get quick games though making a team in the ranked division is the best place to start out side the beginners league.

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2015 - 17:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Manchester? Did someone say Waterbowl? Send Leipziger_Waterbowl a PM on here, and take it from there!

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2015 - 17:15 Reply with quote Back to top

WELCOME!!

Take your time and look around, spec some games, explore blogs and forums but most of all...have fun. Smile

Any questions, please ask. Uedder's link will have a lot of answers but anything more specific, go ahead.

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2015 - 17:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Right now I'm spectating games to get a grasp of the client, as I've never used anything like it before, and just exploring the site, reading people's ramblings, and generally enjoying myself. No doubt I'll get into some games very soon, but right now, thank you all for the very warm welcome, and I hope you get to kick my head in soon! Also, Waterbowl? Not a scoobydoo what that means I'm afraid, and I'm still trying to work out the messaging system, btu I shall attempt to do so forthwith!
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2015 - 17:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi,
I think you made the right choice by making a ranked team. This is probably the best place to start. You can pick suitable opponents and also should do so and not mistake it as rude to turn somebody down.

League offers in theory the same service but it just usually is a very empty place (for people who just want to do open play).

Blackbox is fun matchmaking when you feel you are ready for it, it can be also frustrating when your team is not on par with its TV. But generally fast and fun.

Remember not to quit games. When you start you are obliged to finish. When something interferes you can rearrange the match for a later time. The client will keep the game state save and you scheduled indefinitely.
When your opponent is responsible or just disappears you can also opt out but either way you have to contact an administrator. Details about this you find here.

If you have technical, site related or rules questions, CRP or strategical questions feel free to contact me via pm. (Of course you can ask anybody else but in case you don't know where to turn, here I'm offering.)

Have a good time.
McSquigginton

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2015 - 18:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Appreciate your advice, information and encouragement sir, thanks once again. Particularly for the picking information, I was unsure on the etiquette there. As to conceding, no worries, I'd rather have my team ground into pixeldust than give my opponent a free ride whatever the circumstances Smile
phil78

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2015 - 18:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Waterbowl is a large tabletop group/league run in and around Manchester, definitely worth looking into and meeting the many players around the local area.

and Welcome to Fumbbl Very Happy
McSquigginton

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2015 - 18:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Aha! I don't really have the chance to do that much, I have a two year old son and a disabled wife, so I'm pretty much at home as a carer/father when not working, hence me hoping this place will suit me, and it certainly seems promising...there's obviously been a lot of love and hard work poured into it! I have met a couple of the players from around Manchester through either GW or previously via sighanide's BB1 league play (I think one or two of em play here but not 100% sure) though, so who knows!
Steve

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2015 - 18:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Velcome! Do you want a logo for a team, give me a shout in this thread:

https://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=27025

//Steve