46 coaches online • Server time: 11:01
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Kharon

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2015 - 18:59 Reply with quote Back to top

"Kharon! Come over here!"
"Yes, sir."
"Phah. You can leave that 'sir' to the fancy courts of Bretonnia. You'll call me Chief or Jarl like everyone else. Got it?"
"Yes, si.. er.. chief."
"Good. Big night tonight, eh?"
"Yes, chief. First real match for the lads. But we're ready."
"Aye. Now, I've let you train the team as you've wanted. But now I have demands for you. I want two things to happen tonight. One: I want a victory. And two: I want their troll dead."
"Umm?"
"You remember what I told you about my granddad and his village, right? So: kill the troll."
"Could be really tricky, sir. I mean chief. They're better fighters than our lads. And the troll's pretty big and tough."
"I want a victory and I want the troll dead. No excuses on either one. Succeed, and I'll send you home one day. Fail, and I'll raid your home town again and bring your family here. Understood?"
"..."
"Good. Now, go and warm the boys up. I'll be sitting in the best seat, so that I can see that troll's head roll."
Kharon

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2015 - 21:00 Reply with quote Back to top

"You didn't win."
"No chief."
"And the troll is alive."
"Yes chief."
"Other chieftains laughed at me when the damn troll fouled that poor sod cripple. Do you think I like to be laughed at?! Do you?"
"Surely not, chief."
"That's damn true! Don't fail me again, Kharon. I've already instructed Leif the Mad to make his ship ready and given the charts to your village. One more disappointment and off he sails."
"Yes chief. I'll do my best. Umm... can I hire a medicine man for the team? It would boost the morale."
"Sure, do what you like. I'll send someone from the logging camps to fill in while that gimp is healing up. Anything else?"
"Err... Chief, why did you award the MVP to the Glawaron boy? Only thing he did was get hurt."
"And that's why. I want the lads to understand, that there's glory in putting yourself on the line. Taking one for the team. Got it?"
"Right. I'll try to translate that so that they don't aim to get fouled senseless. Any instructions for the Midvinterblót game, chief?"
"Aye. Don't get bit. And win. Simple, eh?"
Shades_SteelFist

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2015 - 21:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Sammakko 2 - Blizzard 2

The luck this team has is unreal following a pretty standard start for this team, double skulls, failed skink dodges, botched skink passes for a skill leading to a defensive TD ect ect

we still managed to somehow draw this game 2-2 following 2 ridiculous last ditch passes (for both TDs and skills for the passers) that i had no right to make and I apologize to my opponent on both counts

Just goes to show if ya cant be lucky be ridiculously lucky instead, The team is falling apart at the seems with 4 journeymen next game but at least we have a few skills to our name now including a mandatory +mv for a sauri

Post   Posted: Oct 09, 2015 - 08:10 Reply with quote Back to top

"Well done, Kharon! You got the idea with just one threatening!"
"Thanks, Jarl."
"Next time, try to send someone from the other team to Valhalla, eh?"
"Shouldn't be a problem. Boys are a bit agitated. Told them that the Svart Akkar are coming up next."
"No brotherly love for the fellow pointy-ears, eh? That's good. Some blood and carnage is always appreciated."
"Yes, chief. We'll try. A question, if I may?"
"Aye?"
"About Leif the Mad..."
"Ah. Not sailed off. But I'll keep him ready, in case you lose your burning will to win this league for me. Go on, get training. And hey!"
"Yes chief?"
"Oskar Oskarsson found and captured one of those talking and moving trees they have in Bretonnia. Want it for the team? I could try to buy it from Oskar. Could be a game changer, eh?"
"Don't know. It's very slow, and we've been practising this fast running-kind of play, and..."
"Keep it in mind, though. It'd be a real laugh to see the tree stomp on those green little buggers Torkel keeps fielding... And maybe kill some trolls of his."
"Ah. Should've seen that coming. Right. Well, I'll think about it."
"You do that. That's what you've been enslaved for. Thinkin'. Now go and think me another win."
LemonheadWallenstein

Post   Posted: Oct 09, 2015 - 10:45 Reply with quote Back to top

I think Kärsämäki has been put on the map with a third victory in three matches. We can lose all the following ones, it's okay, we're already happy with our season Smile
Nuffle seems to be happy with the choice of the tribe to give in to Nurgle, and we even got rewarded with a nice little Amazon Rotter.
Shraaaag

Post   Posted: Oct 10, 2015 - 09:51 Reply with quote Back to top

With a few rounds played in each division, it's time for some classic (bad) predictions.

NSL Sea of Chaos I:
The division is currently dominated by Trollheim Trixters by (so far) being the only team with 2 wins. Few imagined goblins being the main contender, however the coach (radge) has obviously knows how to play them. Wood Elf, norse and Vampires still remains for them to beat. Being patial goblin myself, and therefore biased, I still put all my wooden shekels on the Trixters.

NSL Sea of Claws I:
Both the undead and humans stands at 12 points after 3 rounds (and with a draw between them). It's going to be a close one. I think several of the other teams might put a spanner in the workds, but I still see them as favorite. Of the two, I'm going with Durfang Draugr with coach Matthueycamo.

NSL Frozen Sea I:
My division. I haven't quite made a fool out of myself yet, both first games so far were close, but with no points I wont be able to catch up (unless by a Nuffle miracle). The two leading teams (nurgle and dwarves) wont play eachother until the last game (funny fact: I got a scalp from both of those teams (a dwarven runner and a rotter journeyman). Had I made the prediction before the season started, I would've bet on dwarves, but as nurgle develop their team, I'm going with them. So, going for Kärsämäki Critters with coach wallenstein

NSL Kraken Sea I:
The last division contains 3 coaches I've gone head-to-head with alot (balle2000, edgard and ttorvatn), so I have some previous experience with their playstyles. With only 1 round done, it's too early to tell, but from my experience playing those coaches, I know ttorvatn has a good record with rookie tournaments, so his team (Naglfari vikings) is my top pick.

Feel free to disagree or come up with your own predictions.

Post   Posted: Oct 10, 2015 - 19:07 Reply with quote Back to top

It was becoming harder and harder for old Johtaja Sitruuna to to think. To concentrate. His brain wasn't working the same way as it used to. And all the celabrating from last night didn't help either.
The team had won yet another game. It keeps on happening. It had never happened before. They were not so used to winning in Kärsämäki. But only the team seemed to be happy. Not the villagers. They kept away from them now. Something to do with their new appearance.
Even though it had brought him everything he wanted, fame, successes, strength, Johtaja Sitruuna couldn't help but wonder if the pact that he made had been worth it. Or if he damned the whole team, and the whole village with them.

4/4, your prediction was at least correct for the Frozen Sea division, we are already qualified thanks to a draw from the dwarfs. The last game will be for show.
I can't believe this happened, in every game I got either very lucky or lucky just at the right time, like in the last game, where the dirty khemri couldn't get his fouls straight and the ball was always bouncing in my hands...
Kharon

Post   Posted: Oct 10, 2015 - 19:36 Reply with quote Back to top

wallenstein wrote:

4/4, your prediction was at least correct for the Frozen Sea division, we are already qualified thanks to a draw from the dwarfs. The last game will be for show.

Hate to rain on your parade, but don't the dwarves take the division if they win all their remaining matches and you lose yours?

Records would be their 4-1-0 vs your 4-0-1, and as only the division winner continues to play offs, they would beat you.
LemonheadWallenstein

Post   Posted: Oct 10, 2015 - 19:38 Reply with quote Back to top

whoooooooops, i missed that they still had another game to play! Very Happy
well, that'll make the last game more intersting Very Happy
Shraaaag

Post   Posted: Oct 12, 2015 - 17:05 Reply with quote Back to top

3rd game for the Invaders, and this time it wasn't even close. My blocks were ineffectual, and the troll just couldn't stay awake. The hightlight of the game, was during my last turn of the first half. The ball was out of reach for a thrown goblin, but I still managed to hurt 2 Chaos Warriors.

The second half started by failing a pick up resulting in a stab and KO for one of my throwers, and the ball remained open to let my opponent grab it up after a few turns and score.

We managed to collect yet a scalp (beastman), so 3 for 3 so far.

2 games left, hopefully they will go better Smile

Post   Posted: Oct 12, 2015 - 18:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Round 1 due date
Round 1 finishes today, but there are (obviously) no unplayed games left. Some of you have even reached round 4 already Smile
Burnalot

Post   Posted: Oct 13, 2015 - 14:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Just saw the result of the vampire vs goblin game. Great job goblins, but the reason I am writing this is that sadly some people have a hard time understanding the "No Star Players Allowed" rule.
Please if you participate in a league you should at least be aware of the rules. Even the commish addressed this problem in his last group post.

Post   Posted: Oct 13, 2015 - 16:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Damn it. I completely forgot about it; otherwise I would have reminded my opponent about it. If it is of any help, the Helmut impostor didn't have any impact on the game as he got badly hurt before he could even try out his fake saw.
Balle2000

Post   Posted: Oct 13, 2015 - 16:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the headsup Burnalot (and to the coaches who also PMed me about it).

In one game, fortunately the saw didn't have an impact (see above) but it was intended to have an impact. In the other game, it actually did. I'm in contact with the coaches now, and will be back with more on this later.

I'm a bit surprised about this to be honest.
Burnalot

Post   Posted: Oct 13, 2015 - 20:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, let's hope that this won't be a problem in the future. Sorry I posted this here, thought it would be worth mentioned where all concerned can see it.
I saw it didn't have any impact, luckily. Didn't see the other game where it did. Only heard about the fake Fezglitvh incident.