80 coaches online • Server time: 23:28
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Chaos Draft League R...goto Post anyone know how to c...goto Post Elf Draft Coach
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Mr_Foulscumm

Post   Posted: Oct 10, 2015 - 16:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Both me and B2k have 2000tv+ Humans and we've both been running them above 1700 for 10+ games easily.

It is possible, but most people give up before they even try it.

Post   Posted: Oct 10, 2015 - 16:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Mr_Foulscumm wrote:
Both me and B2k have 2000tv+ Humans and we've both been running them above 1700 for 10+ games easily.

It is possible, but most people give up before they even try it.

Mine've been at around 2k for the last twenty games also: )

Got some big elves too. It's not that hard reaching the high tv, it's staying there!
Balle2000

Post   Posted: Oct 10, 2015 - 16:34 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
Because the chance of playing vs clawpomb teams is way higher than the chance of playing vs non-clawpomb teams.

This is also not correct Matt.

I just counted the last 30 matches I activated at over 200k TV. 14 of 30 was against Cdorf, Chaos and Nurgle (winrate 10/2/2). That's 47% chance of CPOMB, not "way higher" as you think.

It seems it's mostly your impression that is wrong Smile

And, ironically you can easily make it even more diverse if you join with something other than CPOMB too.

So it seems to me that your biggest problem with blackbox is not knowing what it's really like.

Come on.. join in on the fun Smile

(55 Foulscumm, 55 games!)
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Oct 10, 2015 - 21:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Current teams over 1700

Skaven
Amazon
Ogre
Lizardmen
Dwarf
Wood Elf
Underworld
Orc

And TW:

High Elves
Dark Elves

It's not my fault if you live in the wrong part of the world. Wink

Last edited by mrt1212 on %b %10, %2015 - %22:%Oct; edited 1 time in total
pythrr

Post   Posted: Oct 10, 2015 - 21:31 Reply with quote Back to top

buuface wrote:
Sorry this has been drilled to death i think.

yes

it has

Post   Posted: Oct 10, 2015 - 22:05 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
Roland wrote:
Just restart your team after 10-15 games or so

No need to restart your team, just fire the unnecessary players and keep your TV lower than 1500.

Problem is, if you have a team with expensive players, then even below 1500tv it's a problem, as the 'age' criteria will often match you against much higher teams, even if you only have a few SPPs on the roster.
Roland

Post   Posted: Oct 10, 2015 - 22:13 Reply with quote Back to top

DukeTyrion wrote:
MattDakka wrote:
Roland wrote:
Just restart your team after 10-15 games or so

No need to restart your team, just fire the unnecessary players and keep your TV lower than 1500.

Problem is, if you have a team with expensive players, then even below 1500tv it's a problem, as the 'age' criteria will often match you against much higher teams, even if you only have a few SPPs on the roster.

hence, restart your team after 10-15 games or so Smile
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Oct 10, 2015 - 22:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Roland - If that's genuinely the way someone enjoys to play in regards to TV and team development, more power to them but it's a non-solution to the dilemma of wanting to have a high TV team without having to face high TV meanies more than you think you should have to.

Without qualifying the TV what you suggest would be fine.
BillBrasky

Post   Posted: Oct 10, 2015 - 22:36 Reply with quote Back to top

My Box teams over 1700:

Necro
CDorks
Lizards
Vamps
Woodies
Ogres
Nurgle
Chaos

For whatever that's worth, enjoy!

(Don't worry about chaos until after the Fumbbl Cup though)
Roland

Post   Posted: Oct 10, 2015 - 22:48 Reply with quote Back to top

mrt1212 wrote:
Roland - If that's genuinely the way someone enjoys to play in regards to TV and team development, more power to them but it's a non-solution to the dilemma of wanting to have a high TV team without having to face high TV meanies more than you think you should have to.

well, one can enjoy BB without the long term team building
that's what the box is about isn't it?

imo, long term team builing is for L and R only
BillBrasky

Post   Posted: Oct 10, 2015 - 22:54 Reply with quote Back to top

@Roland:

Your opinion is your own, and that's fine.

But that makes me think you don't Box much.

To me, building is best in the Box, as it is a true challenge, and not easy-mode picked by the coach building.

Building a Box team is the most rewarding.
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Oct 10, 2015 - 23:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Roland wrote:
mrt1212 wrote:

well, one can enjoy BB without the long term team building
that's what the box is about isn't it?

imo, long term team builing is for L and R only

Absolutely, and I said that in the first line of my post. If that's how a coach enjoys it, they should and have the power and freedom in Box to do so.

But yours is an irrelevant answer to the complaint of the OP. You can't repeat it to make it true, you're talking past the OP.
Mr_Foulscumm

Post   Posted: Oct 10, 2015 - 23:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Balle2000 wrote:
(55 Foulscumm, 55 games!)

Very nice! Very Happy

I just check, my Humans have only spent around 25 games in a row in the Danger Zone. I still think that's an ok streak, and I am way less nervous about the box reputation of "only Clawpomb at high TV". Smile

Oh and I actually, totally agree with Brasky on this one. I actually enjoy the team building aspect more in Box... but then I used to E.L.F in Ranked anyway so the difference really isn't huge. Still, it gives my players the least say in how their story develops, and I find that very interesting.

And no, I'm not saying that one division is better than another, I'm just saying I'm having more fun playing on Fumbbl since the heyday of LRB4, and it's pretty much because I accepted the division for what it is.

Long live Blood Bowl! Very Happy

Post   Posted: Oct 10, 2015 - 23:36 Reply with quote Back to top

And I'm sure someone will chime in with how the narrative of league is the best and sure, that's entirely true but I for the life of me hate scheduling and hate negotiating schedules because I can't say no to a plan. I like when other people come up with a plan for me to follow because I'm bad at it.

I play box and team build in box because it has the component of varying opponents and narrative like a league, while not having the same scheduling and time requirements of a league. That's it and that's all. Sprints enhance the competitive aspect and hat's off to Koadah for making them function.

I just said this in #metabox but this game is like a daily crossword to me. I solve the puzzle by beating my opponent, my effort and ability to concentrate affects my ability to solve the puzzle and I know that I'm limited in a lot of ways cognitively in ever being competitive. But it's fun to get the gears turning and seeing if the dice bear out the decisions I make. There will be another puzzle tomorrow, and the day after that, and the day after that, so long as Christer keeps the lights on.

It's not a conventional way to approach a 1 v 1 game of strategy game and it didn't start out that way. I really felt bad when I lost and great when I won (I've had gambling issues in the past and BB scratches that a ton) but sometimes the dice are dice, you did what you could and ya still lost. and that's okay.

and unless you really are dedicating your mind to winning and taking every advantage imaginable in team building, I see a great upside to approaching similarly to the game as I do. If you really care about validating your skill as a coach in all aspects of BB maybe getting upset when you lose is good motivation to learn and play better.

But I've played enough and seen enough to be okay with knowing I'm below average at positioning, I give up too many blocks, take egregious risks with GFIs, and generally can't build a team or use a team I do build optimally. I have asked myself, "mrt1212, why didn't I win this game? Why is my winning % what it is? What is Tmoila and MercutioT doing that I'm not?" and honestly, I have cognitive biases that preclude me from winning and I don't know if I'll get over them or if some teams exacerbate them. So really when I take a step back and think about the time I dedicate, I'm playing against two people - my opponent and myself. And because of that I have shifted this game into a puzzle where you really are competing against yourself and your own brain.

There's also another aspect which is I don't want to learn a new game or spend money on a computer or PS4 to scratch RPG/Strategy game elements. My favorite games of all time have been open ended strategy games like Civ and Xcom. I played WHFB 6 as a teenager. I also enjoyed CRPGs like Fallout (mostly Fallout) because of their character building. Faster Than Light is probably my favorite game outside of BB because no two adventures are the same BY DESIGN. I also love American Football as a real time strategy game of scheme and execution. Bloodbowl is the perfect game for me in so many ways and part of that is bending my wants to what is available and some of that is just inherent.

Anyway, I'm rambling again.
BillBrasky

Post   Posted: Oct 11, 2015 - 00:07 Reply with quote Back to top

That's all good, but take your meds MrT Very Happy
 Jump to: