72 coaches online • Server time: 23:05
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Having issues launch...goto Post Gnome Box ranking pa...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Manti

Post   Posted: Oct 09, 2015 - 11:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Out of Mana, immediately going on to the second match, had to play with 2 journeymen in place of the catchers. Royal enigma soldiers put up a good fight, but OoM managed to score first at turn 5. Immediate counter-attack was in place though, and OoM with only 1 Blitzer, 1 Thrower, 5 Linemen and 2 Journeymen on the pitch coudln't prevent Royals scoring on turn 7.

The Royals started their offence in the second half, and with OoM playing badly and basically lying on the grass most of the time, they took to lead turn 12, putting the score to 2:1. The match went on with the elf team trying to push through and even the score. Many times it looked like OoM had finally gained an advantage, but the Royals always managed to pin the ball carrier in place and prevent him from scoring. In the end, Grand Mage of Breakfast managed to snag the ball under the noses of the Royals, just a few paces away from the equalizer! All he had to do was a 2+ dodge to even the score!

Yeah, I lost 1:2.

Edit1: And OoM are playing with 3 journeymen next time, lineman got a niggling injury (someone stomped on his back). Glad I chose Elves.
koadah

Post   Posted: Oct 09, 2015 - 11:52 Reply with quote Back to top

You do have a nice +ST blitzer though. Wink

I wouldn't bother buying linos until you have a catcher and enough gold to buy a blitzer or two. Get used to using journeymen. Wink
Though, if a journeyman gets the MVP then he's worth signing. Let him make a pitch back to the catcher in his next match.

I wouldn't buy a second catcher until the first one has blodged or wrodged. They're a bit expensive.

Apoth won't get his hands dirty for rookie linos. Sad

Post   Posted: Oct 10, 2015 - 17:48 Reply with quote Back to top

The Nurgle team of Sherwood Sniffers faced Out of Mana today. With Disturbing Presence, rain for 16 turns and a mercenary loner catcher, the prospects of outpassing the Nurgle team seemed bleak. So OoM tried another approach to the match - pure luck. The oponent's dice rolls were so bad, that the Elf team managed to score the single touchdown of the game on the Sniffers' offence. What's more, OoM even outbashed their foes! Indeed, luck OP confirmed.

Still, the loss of 200k gold worth of catchers continues to hamper the team, which are still looking rather weak and incomplete heading towards their next match.
grampyseer

Post   Posted: Oct 10, 2015 - 18:03 Reply with quote Back to top

In the interim, the Sherwood Sniffers have cut rations and promised an increase in garden-hose-beatings until both morale, and dice, improve.
grampyseer

Post   Posted: Oct 10, 2015 - 23:10 Reply with quote Back to top

..and good grief did those hose beatings work! The Snu-Snu Executioners played a brilliantly defended first half of their game against the Sniffers, but were unable to stop a double gfi, pickup and handoff play from scoring on the final turn.

The second half was monstrous...the zons suffered from an undeserved armour implosion, sending 5 into the casualty bin, and several more into the ko and reserves box. Their only shot was long-bomb over the beast of nurgle, Grablio. Grablio was as surprised as anyone else when he intercepted the pass, and ran in a touchdown.

Here's what the cretin had to say about his unprecedented, above average performance:
"Glorf, sprulglk, shhemms, sjlkdjfldjlsj,, toothpaste, 110%"

His performance was so exceptional, that coach Matt decided to buy the walking, putrescent garbage pail a helmet. (He rolled a doubles, block it is!)
Gurbo

Post   Posted: Oct 10, 2015 - 23:50 Reply with quote Back to top

The game between the Snu-Snu Executioners and the Sherwood Sniffers was hilarious, I'm one of those coaches that laugh at both friendly and opposing casualties, at least until the post game, where I realize my treasury isn't nearly as big as my losses.

You can't imagine the horrified look on my face when my only chance at scoring was stopped by an Ag1 interception... with several of my players in easy crowdsurfing position.

My team looks like it went trough a meat grinder, 2 Blitzers down, the Blodger Lino missing the next game, which will have 4 journeymen subbing in, and all for 5spp and 10k in the treasury. The team's morale is at an all-time low, but we will make it out of this... I hope.
wrshamilton

Post   Posted: Oct 23, 2015 - 04:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Men Who Shot Liberty Valance had a nice game against the elves in the Hardly Normal Crew.

After a deep kick and a lucky first block casualty, the Men caged in mass deep in their backfield, leaving an Ogre and a Blitzer stranded. Instead of elf-screening , the Crew started viciously stomping on the two separated players' necks. Still up a man or two at this point, the Men waited near the goal line for the half to end, and a Perfect Defense scuttled the Crew's hopes for a 1-turn.

They weren't able to stop the Crew from answer in two turns, as knocking down a sprinting catcher and grabbing the ball just got the blitzer knocked down in return, and the ball taken in for a score.

Some rough block dice used up the Crew's rerolls, though, and they weren't able to put up much of a defense on the return drive, despite their efforts. Ranse walked in his second touchdown on the 7th turn, and a cas-cade had not left enough elves to attempt the tying score. 2-1 to the Men.

(There was some discussion here about whether stalling is appropriate in this league. It seemed to me like not making an effort to pressure the ball kind of required me to, as I was unlikely to win just trading touchdowns with elves, but if my opponent or anyone else thought I was in bad form, let me know!)
NVRBLND

Post   Posted: Oct 23, 2015 - 08:06 Reply with quote Back to top

The Khemri of Your Mummy is So Fat had a good first game against the Chaos Dwarves of Kill Kill Murder United. The first half was mostly a scrum in the middle of the field after the Khemri got a lucky blitz to start the game. Both team knocked some players down but no real casualties were suffered on either side. Finally the Louis R.I.P the BlitzRa got an opportunity and picked up the ball on his first try. He then lumbered down the sideline to score with just 2 turns remaining in the half. A riot ensued on the kick and each team smacked each other around a little bit before going to the locker room.

The second half saw a deep kick from the dwarves. Not much exciting happened for the first few turns as the Khemri failed to get possesion of the ball and the dwarves slowly started pushing forward. Finally the dwarves broke through to put pressure on the ball which was still just a few feet from the end zone. With a blitz however a ThrowRa managed to escape pressure and finally grabbed the ball. He then ran up the far sideline out of reach of everything including the endzone to end the game at 1-0.

Louis R.I.P. deservedly got MVP for scoring the only touchdown of the match and was lucky enough to get doubles and become a blodge BlitzRa.
johnb3488

Post   Posted: Oct 26, 2015 - 04:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Well guys it was fun while it lasted. As much as i wish to like this game and as much as I have read up on this past month or more and watched games and people stream i absolutely can not overcome the ridiculous amount of bad luck ive had. between BB2 and Fumbbl i have found that im more inclined to kill myself every passing second. dont believe me ask some of the people ive played against. NVRBLND, WRSHamilton, and Mile9086. i dont think i rolled a straight pow the entire game against NVRBlND to be specific. i looked for a way to delete my account but as thats not possible i bid you all adieu. i wanted to be part of this community but the complete lack of any sort of fun factor in my time playing has broken me. good day
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Oct 26, 2015 - 06:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Lol.

Hey guys remember that this thread is for match reports AND giant killing. There's an excellent badge you can put on your homepage if you kill a giant. That's beating somebody with a CR of 170 or over.

So if you do that in ANY division, name and totally shame here and collect your trophy!!!
wrshamilton

Post   Posted: Oct 26, 2015 - 16:27 Reply with quote Back to top

The only giant we must kill is our own confirmation bias.
koadah

Post   Posted: Oct 26, 2015 - 17:01 Reply with quote Back to top

wrshamilton wrote:

(There was some discussion here about whether stalling is appropriate in this league. It seemed to me like not making an effort to pressure the ball kind of required me to, as I was unlikely to win just trading touchdowns with elves, but if my opponent or anyone else thought I was in bad form, let me know!)

Play it by ear.

If you already know what you are doing but your opponent seems quite clueless don't grind them into the dust.

Stalling is part of the game here. If your opponent doesn't understand that, gently point out that they need to pressure. Smile

Post   Posted: Oct 26, 2015 - 17:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Orcland Raiders vs Wu-Tang Killer Bees was a fun game! I had only played one other games as Orcs before and I also hadn't fought a stunty team yet. I learned the hard way that they can dodge like mad and it definitely felt like I was going to lose after the first half.

Then I managed to score on turn 5 of the 2nd half and thought that a tie was reasonable. Nope! Those slippery goblins almost had it but I managed to bust through them and get a 2nd touch down right at the end.

Fun game and the other coach was awesome as well. I still think Skaven are my favorite but getting bashy is pretty dang fun.

Here's a great resource for all sorts of Fumbbl images!
Namloc

Post   Posted: Oct 26, 2015 - 22:46 Reply with quote Back to top

The Alsace Bretzels met the Karond Kar Black Raiders on the pitch and managed to score in the 1st half, leaving a few turns to the DE for scoring. However they managed to stop their counter attack. The second half started pretty well for the Raiders but the Bretzels robbed the ball after a missed catch from the team Witch Elf who was in the End Zone, phew!
The Marx brothers (catchers) ran of with the ball while the rest of the team kept the elves in check.
The DE coach wasn't all in the game but still offered a good opposition.
The Bretzels are happy to get a win especially after the previous game where they couldn't do a thing!
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Oct 26, 2015 - 23:21 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
wrshamilton wrote:

Play it by ear.

If you already know what you are doing but your opponent seems quite clueless don't grind them into the dust.

Stalling is part of the game here. If your opponent doesn't understand that, gently point out that they need to pressure. Smile

Definitely have to stall. 145 for newer coaches is the half way house between starting and competing in the major divisions and leagues. If you don't stall, how are you then going to be able to compete?

Also, in my personal league, I have no stalling, and it causes definite bias towards quicker teams. So actually stalling is 'fairer' than not. Even though it's aesthetically ugly.

What I would suggest though, is stall for purpose, not because you own a douche canoe and know how to ride it.
 Jump to: