45 coaches online • Server time: 17:42
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post BB2020 - Kick team m...goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post What happened?
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
huff

Post   Posted: Oct 13, 2015 - 08:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Mr_Foulscumm wrote:
Also huff, variety would increase and the wall of clawpomb would be desaturated if more people played other races (go Humans!) at higher TV.

Yes, of course, I agree, if people played more races at high TV there would be more of a variety at high TV.

I'm saying the reason more races aren't played is because the inherent flaws in the rules (skills) and roster composition to a higher degree. Some races just aren't as viable as others for sustained success in a perpetual league (Box) and that's what is going to cut into the variety. In an environment where people will go as far as min-maxing to get an edge, of course they will use the best races for sustained success... And I'm just saying there aren't enough of those races based on the aforementioned inherent flaws. So, if there are just so many races that will bring sustained viability, then those said races will make up a large part of the 'variety' that we get.... And that's what I don't like.
BillBrasky

Post   Posted: Oct 13, 2015 - 09:04 Reply with quote Back to top

I have to say this.

But I'll preface it with, Koadah, I love your 145 League. I'm an active member. I try to help newcomers.

With that said, I don't think you have standing in anything Box related.

You haven't played Box in more than a year, and then it wasn't super regular.

How quickly would they boo me off if I went to some Ranker thread & gave my opinion?
koadah

Post   Posted: Oct 13, 2015 - 09:47 Reply with quote Back to top

I stopped playing Box because of the higher TV CPOMBers. This thread is about higher TV CPOMBers.

Thing is Bill, you need 4 coaches to get a draw. Three coaches who could play 100 games a week still gets you no draws. So no need to sneer down your nose a people who are not so prolific. Without some of the more casual coaches you would get fewer draws. Especially in American time zones where you are often stuck on three coaches.

Though I suppose you do have a point. I (mostly) quit and formed the O[L]C. If you 'fixed' the Box tomorrow I would still prefer to play O[L]C. But hey, if you 'fixed' it maybe my coaches would jump ship and come back. Then I'd be forced back. Wink

I would still play Box if I had more time. When I couldn't get an O[L]C match. But as it stands I don't find it that appealing. Hence the moaning.

And you wouldn't be booed off quite so quickly if you stopped using terms like "Ranker".

Post   Posted: Oct 13, 2015 - 10:03 Reply with quote Back to top

I play high TV darkies & woodies (& mid level pro-elves, but they'll get there one day) in the Box.

I don't face a lot of Clawpombers in the Box. And those that I do find, aren't a problem for elves. Nurgles are pests for Elves, but that's another story.

As for Clawpomb v Clawpomb, it's usually who rolls better. Though there are exceptions.

OLC is fun for sure. The challenge level isn't quite as high, but the coaches are more talkative & usually more fun on a social level.

I've rewritten a comment about Ranked for the past 5 minutes, most of which will get me in trouble, so I'll just not comment there. In the spirit of peace, I love you Ranked coaches!
buuface

Post   Posted: Oct 13, 2015 - 10:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Im with Balle.

The only way to defeat the CPOMB monopoly is by raising more teams to compete at high TV box.

It can be done it simply takes some determination.

Those bash teams are phalic-compensators, nothing more. Lets show them some REAL teams!
DeathJester74

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2015 - 16:20 Reply with quote Back to top

I have played the same team 4 times in about 2 days in the Box. This is getting old really quick.
Timetis

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2015 - 16:27 Reply with quote Back to top

When multiple people just play one team exclusively at comparable TV - they're bound to run into one another a lot.

I'd advice activating multiple teams - makes the box a more diverse place as well!
pythrr

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2015 - 16:33 Reply with quote Back to top

^^ exactly.

activate more than one team yourself, if you want variety. DJ basically just plays his big killer chaos team, and then complains about diversity. pot=kettle

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2015 - 16:46 Reply with quote Back to top

pythrr wrote:
^^ exactly.

activate more than one team yourself, if you want variety. DJ basically just plays his big killer chaos team, and then complains about diversity. pot=kettle

Actually I have been just trying to build that team up and learn to play with it. I dont have 1000s of games of experience and I have never played TT. I had no complaint about lack of diversity in general, just saying I wanted to play a different team and not the same team basically 4 times in a row.
koadah

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2015 - 16:55 Reply with quote Back to top

DeathJester74 wrote:
pythrr wrote:
^^ exactly.

Actually I have been just trying to build that team up and learn to play with it. I dont have 1000s of games of experience and I have never played TT. I had no complaint about lack of diversity in general, just saying I wanted to play a different team and not the same team basically 4 times in a row.

Your team is exactly the kind of team that scares everyone else away. So, you're part of the problem.

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2015 - 17:03 Reply with quote Back to top

yup.

and to learn how to play, you want to play with different style teams.

perhaps have:

yr chaos team
an elf team
a human team
and an undead or necro team

then you'll learn 4 quite different styles at once, and get more variety of games

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2015 - 17:10 Reply with quote Back to top

pythrr wrote:
yup.

and to learn how to play, you want to play with different style teams.

perhaps have:

yr chaos team
an elf team
a human team
and an undead or necro team

then you'll learn 4 quite different styles at once, and get more variety of games

Don't forget to activate a stunty team aswell!
DeathJester74

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2015 - 17:13 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
DeathJester74 wrote:
pythrr wrote:
^^ exactly.

Your team is exactly the kind of team that scares everyone else away. So, you're part of the problem.

Why wouldn't you want to play me?? I am an easy win and you can gain a ton of SPPs against me as I helplessly wander around the pitch.

So I guess the solution is I should quit??? Thanks for the productive post.
pythrr

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2015 - 17:18 Reply with quote Back to top

who is telling you to quit?

we are all suggesting you play a wider variety of teams to help your progression as a coach.

have you ever stopped to consider that why you are "an easy win" might be because you don't have experience playing like elfs, humans, undead, etc, and therefore have little insight into the tactics of your opponents?

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2015 - 17:22 Reply with quote Back to top

They are actually trying to help. They really are.

Your issue is that you have played the same team several times and found it dull.
They are saying this is happening because a) you are activating with one team and so are more likely to be drawn against the same opposition and b) the number of people who activate in the box means that the same matchups are not that rare.

To address a) they are suggesting activating more teams.
To address b) they are asking why there are not more people playing in the box. Their belief here is that many people don't play because they find the number of clawpomb teams to present boring matchups. So if there are fewer games with clawpomb teams we enter a virtuous circle of more people playing giving more diverse matchups.

All of this is coming across a bit 'holier than thou' which I really don't mean but I hope I can help avoid some of the ill will. There are much better solutions than you quitting.
 Jump to: