28 coaches online • Server time: 00:53
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Chaos Draft League R...goto Post anyone know how to c...goto Post Elf Draft Coach
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
SquirrelDude

Post   Posted: Oct 13, 2015 - 13:45 Reply with quote Back to top

sann0638 wrote:
I still prefer watching fumbbl. Being able to hover over the players whenever you want is great. Perhaps an option to be able to see or not see spectator chat would be good. I am sure this has been thrashed out before though.
There is an in-client spectator mode, but there isn't any spectator chat that I'm aware of and I'm not sure whether or not you can actualy hover over/observe the players while watching. Being able to see the moves the opponent is planning as they plan them/select squares is a pretty nice addition, though.

King_Ghidra wrote:
If there are any decent leagues running or coming up I think that has to be the way for the streamers to go because the novelty of watching and listening to bb streams is going to wear off extremely quickly when it's a procession of crap play and and ragequits. Obviously leagues are going to limit the stream length because of scheduled games, which kind of goes against the normal twitch "I'm streaming for the next x hours" thing. I don't know if Dode or anyone else has restarted something approximating the Forum Open League yet, that might be an alternative..
I believe that Dode does have the FOL up and running already, last I checked. cKnoor also has the Mister Hadwick Invitational up and running again. Note that the MHI is an "invitational" so you have to submit a team for approval and they'll accept you in. MHI admins tend to frown on T16 fouling, while FOL admins do not, but context of the foul matters in both cases.

The rules for getting in are
1. It must be a fresh team
2. You can't have the standard, Cyanide generated names.

There are a couple of other leagues, but those are probably the two most highly recommended.
koadah

Post   Posted: Oct 13, 2015 - 14:32 Reply with quote Back to top

SquirrelDude wrote:
I believe that Dode does have the FOL up and running already, last I checked.

But I think I heard somewhere that he doesn't have the tools available to moderate it as well as the BB1 version.

Post   Posted: Oct 13, 2015 - 17:05 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
SquirrelDude wrote:
I believe that Dode does have the FOL up and running already, last I checked.

But I think I heard somewhere that he doesn't have the tools available to moderate it as well as the BB1 version.
That sounds about right, there are serious moderation issues right now. Chief among them being that administrators (not moderators, administrators) can't kick or ban teams and coaches from a league.

For example. If you were the administrator that founded a league and made Jimmy and Calcium administrators of it, only you would actually have the ability to kick and ban teams and coaches from a league. You can imagine how having only a single person able to actually punish coaches using exploits or concede farming would be a problem in a larger league that spans multiple timezones.

But don't worry, Cyanide said literally nothing to anyone who asked about upcoming league moderation and customization tools during the AMA. Rolling Eyes

Last edited by SquirrelDude on %b %13, %2015 - %17:%Oct; edited 1 time in total
Mr_Foulscumm

Post   Posted: Oct 13, 2015 - 17:12 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm mostly not worried since I'll never play it Very Happy

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2015 - 03:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Mr_Foulscumm wrote:

He boldly pronounced, and bought it two days later. Sad

edit: Oh and my favorite part? 2 minute time limit!

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2015 - 04:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Mr_Foulscumm wrote:
Mr_Foulscumm wrote:

He boldly pronounced, and bought it two days later. Sad

edit: Oh and my favorite part? 2 minute time limit!

You used to be cool Crying or Very sad

[13:11] <;@Prinz> i can't ban bunny for being funny
Mr_Foulscumm

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2015 - 04:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Sad

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2015 - 06:19 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm new to the game but I think everyone can agree that Blood Bowl 2 will bring in new players and that's a good thing for Blood Bowl overall, right?

Here's a great resource for all sorts of Fumbbl images!
Cloggy

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2015 - 06:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Beanchilla wrote:
I'm new to the game but I think everyone can agree that Blood Bowl 2 will bring in new players and that's a good thing for Blood Bowl overall, right?

Basically, yes.

The problem is that Bloodbowl is not an easy game to master. From this follows that the platform people start out playing has to be good enough to sustain enthusiasm for long enough.

From what I've seen so far this may well not be the case.

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2015 - 08:41 Reply with quote Back to top

I bought BB2 for ps4 and rather annoyed with it so far, trying to get leagues going is tough.
The open ladder is terrible, so many chaos that just bash and dont try to win. Cos there is no reason to win!

So that is now why I am here trying to figure this one out Razz
Mr_Foulscumm

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2015 - 14:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Stitcha wrote:
I bought BB2 for ps4 and rather annoyed with it so far, trying to get leagues going is tough.
The open ladder is terrible, so many chaos that just bash and dont try to win. Cos there is no reason to win!

Welcome Smile

Enjoy Fumbbl, it really is an amazing site Smile

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2015 - 15:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Cloggy wrote:
Beanchilla wrote:

Basically, yes.

The problem is that Bloodbowl is not an easy game to master. From this follows that the platform people start out playing has to be good enough to sustain enthusiasm for long enough.

I think there are 3 types of players (probably more, and probably some cross over) playing BB.

Type 1. The GW universe player. This player, is really into fantasy, and loves to delve into the warhammer universe. Found BB, probably as a now and again game at first, and slowly it's taken more time.

Type 2. The competitive gamer. Most likely come from the Table Top, introduced in various different ways, loves the tactical side of the game and that's the prime concern a long with competitive games and competitions.

Type 3. Introduced via online. Has no formal background, so there's no clear path on where this player may go.
koadah

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2015 - 16:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Cloggy wrote:
Beanchilla wrote:

Basically, yes.

The public MM leagues seem horrible and probably kill a lot of people's interest before they have a chance to get started online.

That said, a lot of people go 0/0/5 - 0/0/10 on Fumbbl and are never seen again.

The AI at least gives people a chance to tinker around and hopefully find that they like it.

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2015 - 19:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Stitcha wrote:

Welcome Stitcha, not sure if you saw this thread yet but there's a clickable link right near the start of it with a Welcome to FUMBBL page with loads of useful info in it that may help Very Happy

Fumbbl Image Library - Free images to make logos, player bio pics etc
Mr_Foulscumm

Post   Posted: Oct 17, 2015 - 04:28 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm having my doubts about the game now to be honest.

I played the fastest game of blood bowl of all time today. I RIP surfed a Dark Elf Lineelf on turn 1, he concede straight after without even having a turn.

I've also had 2 players concede on turn 15 instead of just pressing end turn twice. Very strange. If I keep this up I might forget the little I know about playing Blood Bowl. Very Happy