41 coaches online • Server time: 09:49
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Theory-craft Leaguegoto Post On-spot substitution...goto Post Juggernaut as counte...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Timetis

Post   Posted: Oct 13, 2015 - 18:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Hiya Beanchilla;

Few things to check out:

Welcome thread/question thread
FUMBBL's help section

Bonus: get a logo

And of course, welcome to fumbbl - have fun!
pythrr

Post   Posted: Oct 13, 2015 - 18:14 Reply with quote Back to top

WhatBall wrote:
Drink! Drink our Kool-Aid! Very Happy

Welcome all.

what!?

we have KOOL_AID?

Post   Posted: Oct 13, 2015 - 18:17 Reply with quote Back to top

SquirrelDude wrote:
I will say that they aren't snuffing out all mentions of FUMBBL on their website at the moment, but I don't know how strictly the policy had been enforced in the past.
It's not been the case since at least 2010. Mentioning is fine, recruiting is not, although I try to have a generous interpretation of what constitutes recruiting. Just don't be overt and hopefully Cyanide/Focus won't notice.
Beanchilla

Post   Posted: Oct 13, 2015 - 18:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks a bunch Timetis! Going to do some reading now.

Here's a great resource for all sorts of Fumbbl images!
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Oct 13, 2015 - 18:31
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

For me gamewise the main difference is interface. Fumbbl makes it easy to do the things I'm trying to do.

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
Woodstock

Post   Posted: Oct 13, 2015 - 19:13 Reply with quote Back to top

dode74 wrote:
It's not been the case since at least 2010. Mentioning is fine, recruiting is not, although I try to have a generous interpretation of what constitutes recruiting. Just don't be overt and hopefully Cyanide/Focus won't notice.

Yea, we might have some legal issues if we lure too much of the player base away Wink
LudakkBB

Post   Posted: Oct 13, 2015 - 19:20 Reply with quote Back to top

fumbbl.com has always been a mecca of BB, it's second to none, BB2 just looks cute and all but it needs still A LOT of work, BB2 community simply begs for improvements at the moment but I don't even know if they are being heard, but its just me, I like it here better.
Jezlad

Post   Posted: Oct 13, 2015 - 19:22 Reply with quote Back to top

I played a few games on Bloodbowl 2 and found the dice rolls really weird.

Double skulls / Bothdowns seem to happen a lot. I managed 8 and a triple skull in one match. Plus crowd pushes end up in injuries more often than not.

Seems tampered with to me.
Mr_Foulscumm

Post   Posted: Oct 13, 2015 - 20:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Jezlad wrote:

Double skulls / Bothdowns seem to happen a lot. I managed 8 and a triple skull in one match. Plus crowd pushes end up in injuries more often than not.

Isn't there a stadium upgrade that gives +1 to injury or armor rolls or something like that?

Post   Posted: Oct 13, 2015 - 21:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Beanchilla wrote:
Thanks a bunch Timetis! Going to do some reading now.

I'd suggest to join the 145 Club and the 145 Rookie/Open League. They are great places to start, mostly full of rookie coaches and experienced ones willing to teach you the ropes.
SquirrelDude

Post   Posted: Oct 13, 2015 - 22:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Mr_Foulscumm wrote:
Jezlad wrote:

Isn't there a stadium upgrade that gives +1 to injury or armor rolls or something like that?
There are two stadiums upgrades that do that in specific situations.

There is one stadium upgrade that gives a +1 to injuries when a player is crowd-surfed, and there is a stadium upgrade that gives a +1 to armor breaks from GFIs. The latter also provides a proper grid.
garyt1

Post   Posted: Oct 13, 2015 - 22:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Jezlad wrote:

To be fair in just a few matches you aren't going to get a fair balance of rolls. You could easily be unlucky or lucky for a few matches.
Also people tend to notice bad/fail rolls more.

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2015 - 00:27 Reply with quote Back to top

I wouldn't bother biting on the tampering.....not worth it, trust me on that one.

Beanchilla wrote:
The coach level is a bit intimidating since I am completely new. Is there a good place to start here? Also, is there a way to play async games or complete them later if I have to go? How long are matchmaking times for a newbie like me?

We don't have anything official for newer players. However Koadah runs the 145 club, which is for weaker/newer players. He runs open leagues and cups. Depending on how much you want to play here, that maybe enough or you may want more.

If so you're probably better off biting the bullet and playing in ranked. I'd also suggest making a league team and look for games there too. There aren't many available, however they tend to be a bit more forgiving.

Stunty Leeg our own custom division also has a lighter feel to it.

If you start a game, you're expected to finish them in one sitting. If you don't have the time to finish a game, which basically means 90 minutes, then you shouldn't start a game.

Very few games take 90 minutes however. I think I'm a medium speed player with the odd slow turn and my games usually take over an hour but under 75 usually. So you'll get used to how long your games will take. I think the FUMBBL client is a fair bit quicker to use than Cyanide's. However somebody with a lot of experience on both can confirm or deny that.
licker

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2015 - 00:33 Reply with quote Back to top

It seems the FUMBBL client should be faster, but I get the impression that cyanide games/turns actually play faster (and that's with the 4m clock, not the 2m one).

Of course I think there's a bigger reason for this... which I won't say because then people will accuse me of naming and shaming all BB2 coaches who take risky actions at the start of their turns and thus wind up with many very short turns...

oops...
juck101

Post   Posted: Oct 21, 2015 - 23:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Fumbbl is probably slighty faster than Cyanide bb1. Not much in it, but typically the clicks as really quick here. Not sure how I rate bb2 speed yet, duno
 Jump to: