47 coaches online • Server time: 13:58
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post BB2020 - Kick team m...goto Post What happened?goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Roland

Post   Posted: Aug 30, 2015 - 11:47 Reply with quote Back to top

jarvis_pants wrote:
just simplify the rules and make it a childs game.

All players have ma 6 no GFI's
All Dodges are sucsesfull so no rolls
All Blocks are 1 d anything with a pow is a pow anything else is a push.
Every player can blitz every turn.
Passes automaticaly suceed as long as they are in the range ruler.
If a player with the ball is blitzed it gets handed to the blitzer
All pickups are automatic
Blocked players are only knocked down and have ma3 when they stand up.

With those rules you should be able to have a fun fast high score game and if hes intrested you can slowly bring more rules in.

The important thing is to get him hands on with the minitures and start making the fluff in his head... then he will love it like we do.

JP

https://fumbbl.com/p/blog&c=Roland&id=15926
jarvis_pants

Post   Posted: Aug 30, 2015 - 13:45
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Pretty much all the settings we have in the admin client Wink

Post   Posted: Aug 30, 2015 - 14:08 Reply with quote Back to top

4 sounds pretty young to me. Though it is a long time since my lads were 4. Wink

I would just use the board, players and dice to work on his counting.

e.g.

Start with one or two or more players in your end zone. Roll a die to see how far a player can move that turn. The first one to get all their players to the other end zone wins. Mighty simple.

When he is comfortable with that you can add rules/complexity slowly as you go. e.g. you can slow your opponent's players down by knocking them over. Add the ball when you think he is ready for it.

Kiddie steps.

Post   Posted: Aug 30, 2015 - 15:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Grod wrote:
Hey Fumbblers,

My little boy is interested in Blood Bowl (since he sees me playing and painting etc all the time. But I think at 4 he might still be too young.

4 is too young.
According to the Blood Bowl box the game is for players aged 12 to adult, but I think that you could start at age 8, of course it's hard to tell because children are not all the same.
Some children simply don't like turn based games nor have long attention spans.
I remember I started playing Chess at 7, but Chess has way less rules than Blood Bowl.

Last edited by MattDakka on %b %30, %2015 - %18:%Aug; edited 1 time in total
venom9

Post   Posted: Aug 30, 2015 - 15:52 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm 10 and I think my dad (Badger4) introduced me at a good age.I'm addicted (even with the loses).
albinv

Post   Posted: Aug 30, 2015 - 16:47 Reply with quote Back to top

I think Jarvis' and Roland's rules are superior to the official ones. Koadah's are ok too.
Badoek

Post   Posted: Oct 22, 2015 - 11:34 Reply with quote Back to top

I think I started playing BB with my daughter when she was just 4 I think, almost a year ago. Of course this is not 100% BB. I let her put the players on the field in a somewhat legal formation (sure 12 players is fine, can you count to 12 darling?). She gets to move the players which is a tremendous task at first. Using the squares for movement is something that took a while to learn. Then the blocking: she likes to roll the dice but will rely 100% on me on what to roll, that's too complicated. I tell her which players are good ones to start blocking with. I give her options: you can block this one, or that one. Once she's blocked, I let her pick squares where the player will land. She gets to choose if she wants to follow up. No strategy involved at all. Just letting her make choices that seem equal to her and roll dice.

She's almost five now and things have changed somewhat but she definitely enjoyed "playing" BB at 4.