18 coaches online • Server time: 03:13
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
yugzilla

Post   Posted: Oct 25, 2015 - 18:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey there, i Have a witch elf which has AG5 and wrestle. She levelled up again and has now rolled a double, i'm not sure if i should take either Nerves of steel, Guard or Leap, Those are the 3 skills i'm mostly thinking about since her role is usually going after the BC or help assist getting the Ball and those skills can help do that but there could be other skills i should take that im not even thinking about.

Any help or advice is much appreciated
luxyluxo

Post   Posted: Oct 25, 2015 - 19:03 Reply with quote Back to top

LEAP!
fxiii

Post   Posted: Oct 25, 2015 - 19:08 Reply with quote Back to top

juggernaut !!! then leap on a simple Smile
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Oct 25, 2015 - 19:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Leap.
Antithesisoftime

Post   Posted: Oct 25, 2015 - 19:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Juggernaut, then leap, then strip
akaRenton

Post   Posted: Oct 25, 2015 - 19:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Antithesisoftime wrote:

+1

Fumbbl Image Library - Free images to make logos, player bio pics etc
yugzilla

Post   Posted: Oct 25, 2015 - 19:34 Reply with quote Back to top

wait, why take juggernaut when you already have wrestle, don't they kinda counteract each other?
Antithesisoftime

Post   Posted: Oct 25, 2015 - 19:40 Reply with quote Back to top

yugzilla wrote:
wait, why take juggernaut when you already have wrestle, don't they kinda counteract each other?
Juggernaut makes a both down into a push and ignores stand firm, which helps with surfing.

Also, it gives you options. You don't always have to wrestle, but when you need a man down on the ground you can put him there.

Combined with strip, you can use the first both down to make them drop a ball, and then a second to push them off the ball to make it easier to pick up.

Wrestle still has it's place on your witch, but Juggs gives her a lot of versatility, and makes her a surfing threat.
Uedder

Post   Posted: Oct 25, 2015 - 20:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Juggernaut. You won't regret it. Then leap.
tmoila

Post   Posted: Oct 25, 2015 - 20:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Guard or Juggernaut

Post   Posted: Oct 25, 2015 - 21:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Depends a bit on the team you've got. AG5 is really important for Elves, if she's your only AG5 I think you should think of her first an foremost as the AG5 asset. It's not ideal with Wrestle but it's still really good. So while Juggernaut is great on a Witch, you'll want Leap, and Side Step, and Sure Hands on this player. And that's already five skills, you only get a sixth at Legend, in the unlikely event she lives that long.

If you have other AG5 players, but no Mighty Blow yet, on the other hand, you might want to consider Mighty Blow, even though it doesn't go well with Wrestle. But still, having Mighty Blow is better than not having it.

If you have more AG5 players and you have MB, then yes, by all means Juggernaut.

Don't take Guard on an AV7 Wrestler. And for Nuffle's sake don't take Nerves of Steel!

Edit: This is the thing with Wrestle. It's a nice Skill but if you roll a Double or Stat on that player, ever, you'll mostly just wish you'd taken Block.

Edit 2: I wouldn't go the Strip Ball route, you don't want to go leap into cages with your Frenzy player, and AG5 is kinda wasted just to make the Leap and then the Block, when you could use it on Leap, Pick-Up, Dodges and Pass to secure the ball!
ErobererZim

Post   Posted: Oct 25, 2015 - 22:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Juggernaut for sure.
Rbthma

Post   Posted: Oct 25, 2015 - 22:14 Reply with quote Back to top

again Juggernaut!
Merrick18818

Post   Posted: Oct 25, 2015 - 22:33 Reply with quote Back to top

akaRenton wrote:
Antithesisoftime wrote:

+1