38 coaches online • Server time: 16:17
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Kam

Post   Posted: Oct 27, 2015 - 16:56 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't think I will have to for my next tourney game, but I've had a hard time in the past scheduling some matches. I was just wondering... Do you guys (err... tourney staff) prefer to be contacted as soon as the coaches feel the game may not be played, even though it means there would be many false positives (and PM spam) or do you prefer we wait till it's pretty much clear the game will never happen (like... on Wednesday evening 22:00 Wink)?

Post   Posted: Oct 27, 2015 - 16:57 Reply with quote Back to top

DL for round 2 is next week btw, so your FC game has time. Smile

Post   Posted: Oct 27, 2015 - 16:59 Reply with quote Back to top

I know, I wasn't referring to my FC opponent specifically (even though we yet have schedule a date). Very Happy

See you on round 3, hopefully. Very Happy

Post   Posted: Oct 27, 2015 - 17:06 Reply with quote Back to top

I have a folder for all tourny PMs. So when I receive one, I glance at it to get a general sense of what is going on, then stash it. I rarely get involved or reply to the PM thread unless it is getting close to the deadline and the game may not be played.

Bottom line: more information is always better than less. I think all tournament admins would agree that receiving a PM for every game is better than having a single game that is unplayed with no PM sent. So definitely include your tournament admin whenever there is even a slight chance of the game not being played.
Kam

Post   Posted: Oct 27, 2015 - 17:14 Reply with quote Back to top

OK, thanks Azure. Noted for future tournaments (or games).

Cheers.

Post   Posted: Oct 27, 2015 - 17:21 Reply with quote Back to top

I generally add them as soon as I start getting worriedish; just as a head's up. If I will read here that this creates too much flak for the admins to filter well, I'll definitely revise my policy on that.

Post   Posted: Oct 27, 2015 - 20:02 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't think it's that much of an issue now that we have PMs that track the conversation and that you can add extra people to. Probably one of the best added tools for tourney admins.
 Jump to: