41 coaches online • Server time: 17:02
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Where is the FC pitch?
Deleted
6%
 6%  [ 2 ]
In the deep sea
13%
 13%  [ 4 ]
Mowing
10%
 10%  [ 3 ]
In a pie
68%
 68%  [ 20 ]
Total Votes : 29

DUBitativ

Post   Posted: Oct 25, 2015 - 16:14 Reply with quote Back to top

I am watching a FC match right now, and they are playing with the default pitch (not the Blackbox pitch). It is not the first FC match i spec, but is the first time I notice it.

The customization of the pitches is one of the best improvements of the new client for me. I think the FC have to be played with its best suit.

I'd thank a lot someone solves it, or replies an explanation.
cowhead

Post   Posted: Oct 25, 2015 - 16:19 Reply with quote Back to top

The Blackbox pitch is only used when two Box coaches are playing each other including in the FUMBBL Cup. If two Ranked coaches play in the FUMBBL cup they will use the default pitch. I think the default pitch will also be used if a Ranked team plays a Box team in the FUMBBL cup.

Post   Posted: Oct 25, 2015 - 16:33 Reply with quote Back to top

But where is the Fumbbl Cup pitch?
xnoelx

Post   Posted: Oct 25, 2015 - 16:40 Reply with quote Back to top

He doesn't mean the B pitch. Last FC had a custom pitch, which isn't being used this year. You can see it here: https://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&p=620153#620153

Post   Posted: Oct 25, 2015 - 17:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, when you have a rookie Tournament Admin take over the little things fall through the cracks. These things happen so no big deal, right?

Shocked Surprised Very Happy

Post   Posted: Oct 25, 2015 - 17:13 Reply with quote Back to top

DUBitativ wrote:
I am watching a FC match right now, and they are playing with the default pitch (not the Blackbox pitch). It is not the first FC match i spec, but is the first time I notice it.

Never mind, I can't read

Post   Posted: Oct 25, 2015 - 22:03 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd say it was more the complaining about the dark pitch, rather than a rookie tourney admin that is the likely reason behind the non-use of the FC pitch.
DUBitativ

Post   Posted: Oct 26, 2015 - 10:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh, Thank you harvestmouse.

I didn't know anything about complaining about the darkness. It's a really sad thing Sad
Roland

Post   Posted: Oct 26, 2015 - 10:48 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
I'd say it was more the complaining about the dark pitch, rather than a rookie tourney admin that is the likely reason behind the non-use of the FC pitch.

didn't it get fixed?
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Oct 26, 2015 - 10:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Not that I know about. It's 2 tone, so maybe it can't be. I know the negative feedback for dark pitches and icons is restricting. I can't remember Garion doing and edited one, but I'm speculating on all issues here.
Verminardo

Post   Posted: Oct 26, 2015 - 11:04 Reply with quote Back to top

I loved the custom pitch idea. Had been hoping for the Khemri pitch for the Crown of Sands, and others. Sure, when you're not used to the pitch design it's kind of harder to discern, say, a player that has already moved from one that hasn't. It took me a couple of games to get used to the Black Box pitch when it was new, too. But still, I think it's a great thing to give the Majors a more special and unique feel. (Plus, the Khemri pitch is really ace.)
Dalfort

Post   Posted: Oct 26, 2015 - 11:04 Reply with quote Back to top

There is no option to add the pitch now and I was working on a different element whilst another admin set up the draw. Next tournament that gets set up I will check if there was an option in the first place.

Now if you (general populace) still have a first round game to play, get on with it! Or invite Battlelore or myself to your arrangement threads so we are aware who is trying to get their game played! N.B. Battlelore is in charge of the Top half of the draw which are primarily all first round byes, so you have until 4th of November to play. That said if you are going to Lucca (good luck!) it maybe beneficial to play ahead as much as you can.

Communication is the key to success, if you are struggling to arrange your game talk to us as soon as possible and we will do our utmost to help within the confines of the Tournament.

Take care Dalfort, Tournament Admin Team.

(Edit: I have opened set-up for the FC and there is no pitch setting so everything was correctly followed during the set-up process)

Post   Posted: Nov 01, 2015 - 13:30 Reply with quote Back to top

I couldn't spec any FC match since few days ago. I discover today they play on the FC pitch.

Thanks a lot, admins!!
Roland

Post   Posted: Nov 01, 2015 - 15:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Nice!
 Jump to: