72 coaches online • Server time: 23:04
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Having issues launch...goto Post Gnome Box ranking pa...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Diamino87

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2015 - 18:54 Reply with quote Back to top

First of all I apologise as probably this is not the correct section to post this issue.

Anyway, during my last match link it happened that for both of me and my opponent the client stopped to work during the displaying phase of the second half of the match (before start the turn 1 so). One received the message I restart the client, obviously, but the client run my last turn of the first half. Indeed i didn't play it cause I already did as my opponent was observing me.

Now I'm wondering about:
1- in case of scoring is suppose it would had been reset?
2- why happened something like that? (As far i can imagine, once the client stops to work it shouldn't allow to player to go further during the match - thing that i was able to do, otherwise the client would reload the match from my 8th turn of the first half)

Any idea about that?

Cheers for reading
Stimme

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2015 - 19:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Happened in my match, too. We both had to reconnect, and I had to redo the first move of the turn.
Looks like the server rolled back the games a few moves.
gibby33

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2015 - 19:10 Reply with quote Back to top

You weren't the only one that got a message to restart the client due to a loss of connection with the client recently.

It seems my opponent got the same message and we restarted with only some of the actions from the current turn being undone.

This was within the last hour.
Kryten

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2015 - 19:23
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

While you are playing, the server is keeping track of the game state. However, a server crash can be particularly hard to cope with, the exact state of the match might be lost/stuck/unusable. To prevent that case, the server rolls the game back to a backup that is created of the match at the beginning of each turn.

If that happens, it's bad luck. The turn that got rolled back never happened, and you play the game from where it reloaded. This kind of crash is not something an opponent can cause, and generally will affect all the games in progress at the time of the crash. Fortunately, these kinds of crashes are quite rare.

The main thing to be aware of here is that if you are planning to take a break in a match and resume later... Kick the ball off first, get to the next start of turn save point. Then disconnect and take the planned break. I have seen it happen where someone scored a nice one-turn-TD on Turn 8, and then took a planned break with their opponent... Crash... and the one-turn TD was lost Sad
cakalis

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2015 - 20:09 Reply with quote Back to top

the same issue.
pythrr

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2015 - 20:42 Reply with quote Back to top

clint all mens

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2015 - 20:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Shouldn't this be in the "Relationship Advice" sub forum?

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2015 - 20:49 Reply with quote Back to top

So it seems we were only unlucky experiencing so! Fortunately any important event happened so we were able to keep playing without being affected at all.

Cheer Kryten for your explanation: it has been useful.

Thanks also to all the ones who answered: at least I know somebody else shared this unlucky event
 Jump to: