42 coaches online • Server time: 14:13
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
St4 Blocker?
Nah
65%
 65%  [ 40 ]
Yah
34%
 34%  [ 21 ]
Total Votes : 61

rollup1A4

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2015 - 06:22 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
Well passing shouldn't be so rare. There should be teams that prefer to pass than run. The fact there is a running bias (an extreme running bias) is a problem with the ruleset.

It's the fact they we know (more than the original creators) had bad turning over is, that we don't pass.

I personally think it would add a lot, and wouldn't be confusing (especially online of course), but that might not be the case.

I feel like passing is meant to be something that you have to commit to, because being able to do it consistently is very powerful. The problem is that's not good enough, because you still make more rolls passing than rushing, and any skills you devote to it only do anything when you have the ball (and when a specific player has the ball).

On the other hand, if you make passing not require as much commitment as it already does, then any player (and I don't mean elves doing quick passes) can do it and that warps the game in a way that I'm not sure is good or bad.
huff

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2015 - 06:56 Reply with quote Back to top

I for one would like to see most teams on an even keel, which one of the reasons I posed the question, along with thinking about Humans being THE race to learn the game with (at least when I started), so having all the different types of positionals, with Blockers (and perhaps stunties) but no specialization seemed good in theory.

I suppose this may have been an extraneous question to propose as any changes wouldn't be made in a vacuum.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2015 - 11:03 Reply with quote Back to top

@Rollup1A4: Well it's not easy to balance the 2. It might not even be possible. However, it 'should' be that some teams specialize in running plays and some throwing. I've suggested somethings that might help with that. Of course the passing game shouldn't dominate, but right now hardly any rosters pass to win games.

@huff: Balancing rosters isn't going to happen (well unless certain people start dictating BB). Balanced rosters were never the aim, and are not the aim.
 Jump to: