44 coaches online • Server time: 11:54
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
CaptainWOZER

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2015 - 23:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello, I just entered a Blood Bowl fascination ever since I decided to read the Blood Bowl Omnibus book by Matt Forbeck.

Since trying to get a real Blood Bowl board game is currently expensive and intimidating for me right now. A friend of mine said I should join this site and go to Ranked since he said Academy is dead most times.

Still trying to read up on everything but the Hargendorf Pirates are willing and soon be ready!
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2015 - 23:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Awesome and welcome to the site!
Marasai

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2015 - 23:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Join the 145 rookie league see if the timing is right for the next season. That's the smoothest way yo get started in my opinion
CaptainWOZER

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2015 - 23:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks guys!
Marasai

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2015 - 23:33 Reply with quote Back to top

I suggest the 145 rookie league because its fairly easy to find opponents and most of them will be of similar experience at least as far as the site.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Nov 12, 2015 - 00:38 Reply with quote Back to top

145s a must https://fumbbl.com/p/blog&c=koadah&id=17866

So is the help section, which is daunting and vast. https://fumbbl.com/help: use it, like a pocket dictionary.

Getting into TT isn't too bad. Talk Fantasy Football, is a good site for that. You can pick up cheap fantasy figures off of ebay and you can then convert them. They don't have to be BB specific. If you have talent you can make the rest.

But yeah, for me TT is dead. I much prefer playing on java.
pythrr

Post   Posted: Nov 12, 2015 - 00:47 Reply with quote Back to top

hello sir

welcome. the learning curve will be a bit steep, but most coaches are ok. just tell them you are new (in game chat) and they might even offer some advice.

good luck!

Post   Posted: Nov 12, 2015 - 01:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome, CaptainWOZER!! I suggest that, when you have the time to surf the site but not for a match, you just spectate some matches: it will give you ideas and you can learn a lot form other coaches. Just my 2 cents, but, above all.... HAVE FUN!
CaptainWOZER

Post   Posted: Nov 12, 2015 - 01:14 Reply with quote Back to top

pythrr wrote:
hello sir

welcome. the learning curve will be a bit steep, but most coaches are ok. just tell them you are new (in game chat) and they might even offer some advice.

good luck!

Thanks a bunch! Although, when I made my team, I clicked on Ranked. And when reading 145, they said only League teams. Do I have to make a new team? I still like the team name and logo (paint.net isn't too bad)
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Nov 12, 2015 - 01:28 Reply with quote Back to top

You will have to make a new team for 145. It has to be a League team. But you can have 100 teams and you won't get enough games in 145 alone. So you'll need the ranked team too.

The Stunty division is another good area for playing as well.
DeathJester74

Post   Posted: Nov 12, 2015 - 01:32 Reply with quote Back to top

CaptainWOZER wrote:
Hello, I just entered a Blood Bowl fascination ever since I decided to read the Blood Bowl Omnibus book by Matt Forbeck.

Since trying to get a real Blood Bowl board game is currently expensive and intimidating for me right now. A friend of mine said I should join this site and go to Ranked since he said Academy is dead most times.

Still trying to read up on everything but the Hargendorf Pirates are willing and soon be ready!

Welcome friend! Create a Black Box team and activate. You will find it to be a glorious experience!
akaRenton

Post   Posted: Nov 12, 2015 - 11:55 Reply with quote Back to top

CaptainWOZER wrote:

Welcome to FUMBBL dude Very Happy

You may find this page useful, it's designed to condense down the info you need to get started as the help section is great but big and possibly a little overwhelming initially.

Fumbbl Image Library - Free images to make logos, player bio pics etc
 Jump to: