29 coaches online • Server time: 03:46
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Jopotzuki

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2015 - 17:11 Reply with quote Back to top

How is that paragraph supposed to be understood from the rulebook p.15?

The rules say that in such an unusual situation you must immediately move your turn marker after you've scored. Does this mean you lose a turn?

Example of how I understand it:

H2 T5 offence makes a stalling decicion. Defence makes a blitz and pushes the ball carrier to the endzone. Offence now moves the turn marker one space forward. And then they start a new turn and move the marker again starting with T7. Defece would start from T6

To me this doesn't make any sense. Is this correct or not? What am I missing here?

ThierryM wrote:
CR... The synonym of E-Penis right ?
Sutherlands

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2015 - 17:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Imagine it as if the defense's turn immediately ends, and then since the offense is in the endzone, they score and their turn immediately ends.
Jopotzuki

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2015 - 17:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Sutherlands wrote:
Imagine it as if the defense's turn immediately ends, and then since the offense is in the endzone, they score and their turn immediately ends.

So basically you could think it like: after the defence blitz, turn ends, offence turn starts and they immediately score.

ThierryM wrote:
CR... The synonym of E-Penis right ?
Sutherlands

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2015 - 17:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Jopotzuki wrote:
Sutherlands wrote:

So basically you could think it like: after the defence blitz, turn ends, offence turn starts and they immediately score.

Since that's exactly what I said, yes, I would agree with that Smile
Verminardo

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2015 - 17:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Hehe yeah, I get confused over this, too. So when I blitz in T7 and push him into the endzone it maybe saves me eating a block or two, but otherwise it doesn't gain me anything over just letting him score on his own accord T8.
Strider84

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2015 - 18:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes but if you force him to score in your t5 you get 3 turns to score, without tge rule he might have been able to walk out of the endzone and continue stalling...
 Jump to: