56 coaches online • Server time: 12:08
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
huff

Post   Posted: Nov 03, 2015 - 02:16 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
If we're talking about rolls here, keep SG simple. You get sent off because of a foul, re roll it with SG. However.........if fouling was to be buffed (like it should) this then affects SG and it becomes more powerful without any changes.

That's the problem with changing rules, the tiniest little things affect everything.

Agree,its tuff to say because its not in a vacuum.

Although I will say that I think fouling and DP is good as is, maybe just be able to count the fouler as an assist as well (if not in a TZ, although if they have SG, they count themselves because of the added guard like feature of SG).
fidius

Post   Posted: Nov 03, 2015 - 04:01 Reply with quote Back to top

In my imaginary ruleset that definitely doesn't exist in draft form I made SG a 4+ cancel on any fouling sendoff; re-roll is too powerful. SWs should not benefit from anyone being "sneaky" at all. Stealth chainsaw? The way to buff SWs imo is to allow Goblins to roster Bribes. You can use SG as a 4+ save on a failed bribe though.

The other thing I did was bring in a +1 to Injury fouling skill, available on Doubles to most players (normals on Gobs/Snots/Flings). I also added a bunch of skills in that same Cheating category that also count as Fouls, making SG more relevant across a range of crazy Cheating attacks. Also a dumbed-down Piling On that can be used with fouling. In other words I went hard on the Cheating theme, which I think would make the likes of Goblins a heck of a lot more fun. Also thinking of giving certain teams a 0-1 Kicker positional who also has access to Cheating skills.

/Insert obligatory despair over likelihood of new ruleset here
plasmoid

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2015 - 09:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi Huff,
Quote:
The initial question has been answerd, as SG sent offs benefit from babes, on here. Although I am now curious to your experience with it Plasmoid.

We had the "Guard for foul" variant first. Replacing the current skill text. Which was what was on 'Galaks list'.
It didn't get picked by anyone.

That's when I discussed an alternative with Ian and Galak.
Ian rejected anything that would prevent the turnover.
So we eventually settled on the 4+ to get out of the sin-bin (each drive).
It works on secret weapons too, which is exclusively a buff to gobbos (and deathrollers) - and this is IIRC the main reason that we didn't allow it to combo with Babes.

In my experience this DP/SG is a decent combo. Not that it compares to Blodge or POMB.

Cheers
Martin
tussock

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2015 - 13:29 Reply with quote Back to top

You do benefit from babes. The idea is you're pretending to be one of the players that got knocked out, instead of sent off, because you're a sneaky git. So when there's babes, you're more likely to get away with coming back on early.

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2015 - 13:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Plasmoid's talking about 'the rule' as written. You're talking about how the client interprets the rule. As it's a little add on, it probably wasn't worth the pain in coding the babe part.
Bakunin

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2015 - 22:55 Reply with quote Back to top

huff wrote:
In regards to the housed rule of Sneaky Git, where the sent off player is sent to the KO box instead of outright banned, is the player treated like a player that has been KO'd? ie, can benefit from Babes and the likes or is the player just waiting there because the dugout hasn't been expanded to have a separate place for these 'suspect'

It works great, but it shold allways be +4 (they are still in the dungeon
 Jump to: