35 coaches online • Server time: 13:47
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Primarch

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2015 - 23:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Why is there no option to "Un-Ready" your Ranked team? So you can make a change if needed prior to getting Ready to play again...
LemonheadWallenstein

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2015 - 23:59 Reply with quote Back to top

because according to the rules you can only make a change after a game with your opponent still there, and not any time you wish.
Dominik

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2015 - 00:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Fill out a support ticket.
tussock

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2015 - 00:08 Reply with quote Back to top

There is an option, you can play a game and that puts your team back in the post-game state. You're welcome.

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2015 - 00:21 Reply with quote Back to top

wallenstein wrote:
because according to the rules you can only make a change after a game with your opponent still there, and not any time you wish.

So after I leave a game and make any changes I am breaking rules? Not in online play, but nice try.
Primarch

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2015 - 00:22 Reply with quote Back to top

tussock wrote:
There is an option, you can play a game and that puts your team back in the post-game state. You're welcome.

Sure, but what if I forgot to fire a guy? I guess I'm wondering what game breaking thing it would be to be allowed to unready between games to make changes you might have forgotten?
Roland

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2015 - 00:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Just don't ready
until you're ready
Primarch

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2015 - 00:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Sigh, well why didn't I think of that? Wink

If that's the best we can do, then so be it..just figured I'd ask, no reasonable answer given though.
LemonheadWallenstein

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2015 - 00:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Primarch wrote:
wallenstein wrote:

So after I leave a game and make any changes I am breaking rules? Not in online play, but nice try.

just telling you where the rule comes from.
so as roland said, don't ready until you're ready, which is quite a flexible option, since you can wait as long as you want (which is the online equivalent of readying the team with someone next to you, which is not necessary since all the dice rolls are generated by the website).
but nice try.
Primarch

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2015 - 00:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Meh, since we don't follow all of the board game rules, I fail to see why this is impossible, but I guess "because I said so" is a viable option too...oh well.
Uedder

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2015 - 00:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Primarch the rule has a sense. And the sense is: before say a league or tournament game, your opponent will look at your team. If your team is ready (and there are rules about who must ready his team first), he might make changes to his roster (like firing or hiring players/cheerleaders/assistantes/rerolls...) to adjust to your team and tv, calculate inducements etc...

That would have no sense if then you could just un-ready the team and change it!

I know sometimes one just clicks "ready to play" without really thinking, it happens to me too, i just played a chaos game with 3 CWs because i forgot to hire one who died last game.

Happens. Pay more attention, the fault is not in the site, it's in the lack of attention when readying the team.
Primarch

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2015 - 00:51 Reply with quote Back to top

I get why it's there, but since ranked isn't League, figured it was no big deal, I guess though you are right, the change might have farther reaching impact than just Ranked....
Tesifonte

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2015 - 00:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Imagine you schedule a game with someone in ranked.

You un ready the team.

You change your TV, you get some nice coins as a TV Difference, you buy some fancy starplayer for the game and you spoil your opponent's fun, who though he was gonna play a completely different team.

[PD: people used to do that in the past]

TaChIkOmA! \o/
Primarch

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2015 - 01:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Makes sense, thanks.
 Jump to: