25 coaches online • Server time: 06:45
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Theory-craft Leaguegoto Post On-spot substitution...goto Post Juggernaut as counte...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
sheepycollins

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2015 - 00:32 Reply with quote Back to top

licker wrote:
Nurgle is by far the more interesting roster than Chaos.

What does Chaos add to BB?

Or Pact for that matter?

Or Zons, or stupid as all hell High Elfs/Pro Elfs?

+1

Still annoyed that chaos undecided get 2 teams (chaos+pact) and between the 4 gods we have 1 team (2 if you count cyanide's chaos edition khorne) but nothing at all for tzeentch and slaanesh.

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2015 - 00:47 Reply with quote Back to top

I really like Chaos Pact. So much you can do with them. You can make cheezy CPOMB monstrosity, sure, but you can do so much more! I like to mostly take GS skills and win with a Block/Guard/MB-spam squad of Human Linos. But you can do crazy things too.

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2015 - 00:47 Reply with quote Back to top

licker wrote:
Nurgle is by far the more interesting roster than Chaos.

What does Chaos add to BB?

Or Pact for that matter?

Or Zons, or stupid as all hell High Elfs/Pro Elfs?

Chaos were there first. Squatters rights.

But yes. Zons, Pact, and Pro elfs can die in a fire.

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2015 - 02:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Mr_Foulscumm wrote:
No Nurgle isn't cursed, just a shitty team design.

Couldn't disagree more... Great team design, except the decay part, not a fan of that 'skill' at all, on nurgs or khems.

What is it that you don't like about the team design?
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2015 - 02:45 Reply with quote Back to top

I love the look and feel of Nurgle. For me, Nurgle has some great character. I think that the best icons we have in CRP are Nurgle and probably Nurglings for Stunty too.

I also loved the LRB 4 roster, albeit being a bit samey to Chaos. I liked the no save factor.

Nurgle Rotters were a famous 2nd edition team, and that was the reason for their inclusion. No other chaos power has had a long running famous team (Khorne's Killers replaced Khaine's Killers from 3rd onwards).

Also have a look at some of the figures around now. That new BB team that's a kick starter. That truly is an amazing look.

Another (and last) point. A lot of the problems with Nurgle aren't Nurgles fault. TV, Regen and a certain power combo. Sort those out, and Nurgle's the nice guy that smells a bit again!
NerdBird

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2015 - 03:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Nurgle is cursed. Everytime I play against them I curse a lot...[/b]
huff

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2015 - 04:07 Reply with quote Back to top

@HM- Agree brotha. Hard to choose just which team to get for them on TT. I see 2 I really like. The reason people don't like Nurgle are the way they are built and not their fault as you say.
animefreak2599

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2015 - 04:48 Reply with quote Back to top

If you want pro elves removed from the game you're my mortal foe.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2015 - 05:56 Reply with quote Back to top

I love pro elves, and they're my second favourite CRP icon set! Particularly since we updated them, however I'm now thinking a mix of the old ones and the new ones might be better.

@huff I'm not sure where I saw them, and I'm starting to think that the 3rd party figure situation is extremely damaging, but the kickstarter Nurgle right now are damn awesome. A total GW rip off but still awesome.

Goes to look for them...found them on Badoek's blog

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/plague-fields-best-plague-fantasy-bowl-team#/

I can't see any Nurgle team coming close to as good as that one.
huff

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2015 - 07:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Yep... Those are nice.

I'm curious in to why you think the 3rd party mini makers is damaging? I can think of a couple reasons but I'd like to hear it. Maybe separate forum topic? Although this one has already been hijacked and derailed already.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2015 - 08:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Well GW has said in the past that they wouldn't touch BB due to the amount of 3rd party figure manufacturers. They pay no licence for BB, and have contributed to our stagnated state.

GW have said that they plan to (or have alluded to with a job advert) bring back BB. However how can they make a profit with all the 3rd party figure manufacturers that have a range?

A. They're totally re-invent the game.
B. They actually won't do much with BB, but release some figures for a new line quickly.
C. In some way they licence figure manufacturers, most likely through the NAF.

A I cannot see. C I cannot see either, as the NAF moved out of warhammer world due to 3rd party figure usage. So B is for me the most likely outcome. Or a D I haven't thought about....

So where does that leave us? GW not improving the game, but using it to make a quick buck, whilst outside of Cyanide there is no professional promotion of the product. That's fine right now, but I can't see Cyanide being involved in 10 years time. So where does that leave us? A host of 3rd party figure producers that have in reality used the hobby to make a profit (not all but most) and left us in a position where our creator no longer wants to get involved.

At first I was pretty pro the 3rd parties, due to GW needing a slap. Now though it's out of control. I think only through the NAF could it be brought back under control.

This is my opinion mind, but that figure line is a prime example of taking heavily from the warhammer line, and not contributing to the hobby in reality.
DrDiscoStu

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2015 - 08:38 Reply with quote Back to top

My biggest fear with GW getting back on board is trying to bring a profit in might involve damage to fumbbl in some capacity. I know it seems unlikely but frankly I don't mind being ignored, it could be far worse.

The Black Pearl Bounty-Board.

GUARD CONQUERS ALL!
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2015 - 09:37 Reply with quote Back to top

True, but regarding their IP, they stated what they had a problem with and the site complied.

Bar the odd guy trying to upload pictures that they consider being their IP, the site is 100% compliant with what they felt interfered with their IP. Be that for whatever reason that was bandied around at the time.

In reality FUMBBL doesn't have or wouldn't have a negative effect on TT really. Personally trying to protect their IP probably had more of a negative effect, certainly did with me passively. So it's only really with Cyanide that there would be an issue, and I don't think Cyanide do see it that way.

Instead I think they observed what the site did before making their game. A free cheat sheet so to speak.
 Jump to: