47 coaches online • Server time: 15:13
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post test mode doesnt wor...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
zakatan

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2015 - 10:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Ruleset ID being more obvious than the URL.

Maybe add a dropdown menu to choose from available rulesets (Custom/Official...) instead of using a confusing ID.

For instance, the Spanish League ruleset defaulted to ID=6, which I'm not sure what it is.

Question regarding ruleset management within a group. Can we change rulesets at any time? Can we have multiple rulesets at the same time, or we have to create new groups? I presume tournament rules override group rules, but tournament rules can't affect team creation whereas group rules can.

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2015 - 10:59
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

You're talking about ease of use stuff, which I'm sure will come with time. For now, if you enter https://fumbbl.com/p/ruleset?id=6 then you can see what options there are. Change the id to see the changes.

For reference:
1 = LRB6
2 = Stunty
3 = FFBTest
6 = League
7 = NAFC

Anything over that is custom.

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
Christer

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2015 - 11:03
FUMBBL Staff

Tarabaralla wrote:
This are awesome news.

The ruleset page is not working for me... is it my fault? (Using firefox from windows, never had any problem with the client from this pc)
I see the Create Ruleset link but it leads to nothing...

Clear your browser cache (or shift-reload the page).
Christer

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2015 - 11:09
FUMBBL Staff

mister__joshua wrote:
Yeah, I did that. It shows on my home page under Teams for Grind 2.0, but uses the standard options.

Your group is currently set to ruleset id 6 (ie, standard league settings). You have to connect it to your own ruleset (14). This needs to be done prior to creating the team.
koadah

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2015 - 11:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Will we be able to move teams between leagues with different rulesets?

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2015 - 11:21
FUMBBL Staff

zakatan wrote:
Ruleset ID being more obvious than the URL.

Maybe add a dropdown menu to choose from available rulesets (Custom/Official...) instead of using a confusing ID.

For instance, the Spanish League ruleset defaulted to ID=6, which I'm not sure what it is.

Yes, there are usability things I need to fix. This is one of them.

zakatan wrote:

Question regarding ruleset management within a group. Can we change rulesets at any time? Can we have multiple rulesets at the same time, or we have to create new groups? I presume tournament rules override group rules, but tournament rules can't affect team creation whereas group rules can.

The owner of the ruleset can change it at any time (note that there will be support for adding more managers to a ruleset at a later date). Changing team settings after teams have been created for the league will cause some strange behaviour. For example:
- Changing starting treasury will not affect already created teams retroactively
- Changing number of players allowed will not change the number of players in existing teams
- Changing progression or skill progression will make things strange.

Essentially, existing teams will be grandfathered in to the new settings, and things like skills and progression will kick in after the next game. Changing a league to "Predetermined" skill progression will not erase already rolled skills on players currently in the league.

A league can only have a single ruleset connected at a time. I don't see how that would work at all, and it would certainly be confusing. Once the custom roster feature is ready you will, however, be able to "import" external rosters into your own ruleset.

Tournaments can override client options, but not team settings or rosters.
Tarabaralla

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2015 - 11:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Christer wrote:
Tarabaralla wrote:
This are awesome news.

The ruleset page is not working for me... is it my fault? (Using firefox from windows, never had any problem with the client from this pc)
I see the Create Ruleset link but it leads to nothing...

Clear your browser cache (or shift-reload the page).

It's weird but it still doesn't work. Everything else on the site works fine for me (gamefinder, speccing, playing, etc...), except for that page.

I tried with google chrome too and it still doesn't work. Seems like it's not a browser-related problem. Is anyone else having issues? Otherwise I'll accept it's a me-related problem Very Happy

Last edited by Tarabaralla on %b %01, %2015 - %11:%Dec; edited 2 times in total
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2015 - 11:26
FUMBBL Staff

Christer wrote:
mister__joshua wrote:
Yeah, I did that. It shows on my home page under Teams for Grind 2.0, but uses the standard options.

Your group is currently set to ruleset id 6 (ie, standard league settings). You have to connect it to your own ruleset (14). This needs to be done prior to creating the team.

Haha. Apologies for that. I'm certain I'd done it but I must not have saved the changes. Sorry.

Yeah, it's working now Smile
Christer

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2015 - 11:27
FUMBBL Staff

koadah wrote:
Will we be able to move teams between leagues with different rulesets?

This is a tricky thing. For now, this is not possible (in fact, you can't change league once the team has been created).

I will certainly set up some form of transfer system, but to begin with it will likely only be between leagues using the same ruleset.

The core problem here is that transferring teams between rulesets will cause strange issues, in particular if progression settings change.

That being said, I will likely come up with a system where league owners can enable transfers and simply leave those issues in the hands of them.
Christer

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2015 - 11:29
FUMBBL Staff

Tarabaralla wrote:
It's weird but it still doesn't work. Everything else on the site works fine for me (gamefinder, speccing, playing, etc...), except for that page.

Make sure you have the latest version of Firefox. I use that browser as my primary one, and it certainly works on my end. The current version is 42.0.
Roland

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2015 - 11:36 Reply with quote Back to top

will all admins of a group be able to edit the ruleset?
or just the group founder?
Christer

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2015 - 11:38
FUMBBL Staff

Badoek wrote:
Fouling:
Currently we have: unmodified, +1 to armour roll, +1 to armour roll when uninterfered
New we have: unmodified, +1 to armour roll, +1 to injury roll

This is a bug. Will be fixed.

Badoek wrote:
Creating Rulesets:
You can make multiple rulesets with the same name. (not saying that's a bad thing but it might be?)
Can you rename rulesets?
Can you delete rulesets?

I will likely end up restricting ruleset names somewhat to avoid duplicates. This is actually a bit trickier than you may think as I want to allow different coaches to have the same ruleset name. At the same time, I want to be able to let multiple people manage the same ruleset. I'll consider this for a bit. It's not a super critical thing for now.

Rulesets can not be renamed at this time, but this will certainly be possible at a later date. I will probably add this at the same time as the ability to add more managers to a ruleset.

Deleting a ruleset is also slightly tricky as it involved detaching existing teams from the ruleset (with all the problems that can/will cause). There are a couple of ways to handle this, with one being simply move the teams away from the ruleset and revert leagues using it to the default divisional one. Another way would be to simply let you, as a manager, drop the ruleset and have it fall into a pool of unmanaged rulesets (with staff able to reassign it to someone else should noone actually be managing it at the time). Which way I choose isn't decided as of yet.
Sainthropee

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2015 - 11:39 Reply with quote Back to top

There is not available the option to custom rosters no? only lrb 6.0 and stunty right?

"Vice is a miscalculation in the pursuit of happiness"
(J. Bentham)
Roland

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2015 - 11:40 Reply with quote Back to top

can the existing teams of a league be fixed so that they are also shown as teams created within the league?
I mean "League teams for..." on the coach page.
Christer

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2015 - 11:41
FUMBBL Staff

Roland wrote:
will all admins of a group be able to edit the ruleset?
or just the group founder?

The people who can edit the ruleset are the managers of the ruleset. They are completely separated from the group itself, and it's certainly possible for a group to use a ruleset created by someone else, at the risk of not having control over it.

For example, you could make a group that uses the NAF ruleset, even though you're not able to manage the rules themselves.
 Jump to: