38 coaches online • Server time: 12:36
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Having issues launch...goto Post Gnome Box ranking pa...goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Roland

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2015 - 15:14 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
Would it be possible for the Secret League guys to have a very "'quick' and dirty" version available only to them. I think that Secret League would be enough to keep most people busy for quite a while. Maybe CRP+ & NTBB too.

Edit: If the API is in place could anyone else work on a "quick and dirty" version?
Or just hack them in via the API.

^this
Christer

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2015 - 15:22
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

A very quick and dirty version would be for me to add the rosters using existing tools (which are not good enough for general use). However, this is not something I want to do because of a few reasons:
1. I would feel compelled to offer the same to everyone
2. It would take a lot of time for me to enter it all
3. It would require maintenance (ie, more time)
4. It would remove beta testing potential for when the custom roster feature is actually in place Smile

Essentially, you'll just have to wait Smile
Roland

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2015 - 15:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Christer wrote:

0k Smile
koadah

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2015 - 16:07 Reply with quote Back to top

[quote="Christer"]A very quick and dirty version would be for me to add the rosters using existing tools (which are not good enough for general use). However, this is not something I want to do because of a few reasons:
1. I would feel compelled to offer the same to everyone[/url]

Why? Secret League is King. Wink

Christer wrote:

Could we do that via the API?

Christer wrote:

4. It would remove beta testing potential for when the custom roster feature is actually in place Smile

I'm sure there would be loads of people eager to make space/Sig marine teams. Wink

Christer wrote:

Ah well. I suppose it could dangerous. Sad

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2015 - 21:26 Reply with quote Back to top

First of all: This looks awesome! A lot of dreams will come true now. Smile

Question (sorry if this has been mentioned before):

1. Can a rule set be deleted again?
2. Are the rule set names unique?

(Background: I curiously created a rule set named "Test", just to find out what the page is about. I neither want to keep nor block the name. *coughs*)

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2015 - 21:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Really excited about this!

@christer

if we set extreme values for starting treasury and custom SPP limits while testing, could we crush the client?

I say that because I remember we crushed the client once when testing extra inducement money a couple of years ago...and fumbbl CUP was on, semifinals, 70+ specs and we crushed it...that was embarrassing Wink ouch, what memories...

anyway, old man stories. what I mean by extreme values is:

Team tresuary...10 million or sth like that
or
custom spp limit= 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 (This would mean 10 skills per player and a TD scored would secure 3 skills at the end of the game or 5 skills for a MVP...

thx again

o/
Seventyone

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2015 - 21:52 Reply with quote Back to top

this looks great and just what GRIND needs

Thanks Christer

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2015 - 23:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Rabe wrote:

(Background: I curiously created a rule set named "Test", just to find out what the page is about. I neither want to keep nor block the name. *coughs*)

1:I've asked, no answer yet but..
2:No except their number/id. That's what matters as you can use that idea in a league. Not a name.
Balle2000

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2015 - 07:49 Reply with quote Back to top

SzieberthAdam wrote:
1. Ability for group admins explicitely schedule a match. Currently there is a workaround by making a mini KO tournament with two fillers but it is silly.

2. Ability for group admins to edit team sheets (add/remove players, skills, coaching staff, set Treasury, TV, etc.)

+1
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2015 - 08:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Happy days! Will have a tinker on the weekend.
zakatan

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2015 - 09:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Badoek wrote:
Rabe wrote:

1:I've asked, no answer yet but..
2:No except their number/id. That's what matters as you can use that idea in a league. Not a name.

You were actually answered, Badoek: https://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&p=662378#662378

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2015 - 09:53
FUMBBL Staff

I have a couple of questions, when you get chance:

1) Can you tell what/how many/which teams have been created using a ruleset?
2) Can you control what teams are made using a ruleset (allow/deny etc.)

I've created a small league to test the rulesets and a couple of teams have been made, but I can't see them in the group. I know you said that leagues are still also metagroups so teams will need to apply, but it'd be nice to see which teams have been made using a ruleset if possible Smile

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
bghandras

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2015 - 10:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Christer wrote:
A very quick and dirty version would be for me to add the rosters using existing tools (which are not good enough for general use). However, this is not something I want to do because of a few reasons:
1. I would feel compelled to offer the same to everyone

An idea how to minimize your work, but maximize testing:
Pick 2 teams (could be existing, could be secret league, whatever), add them as a custom roster, and ask players to run a league on them, and test it. I would expect more and deeper testing results, and could help in advance when the big secret league stuff is coming (along with the alpha testig you are looking for). Just an idea. If it is still significant work, then forget it.
Christer

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2015 - 11:44
FUMBBL Staff

mister__joshua wrote:
I have a couple of questions, when you get chance:

1) Can you tell what/how many/which teams have been created using a ruleset?
2) Can you control what teams are made using a ruleset (allow/deny etc.)

I've created a small league to test the rulesets and a couple of teams have been made, but I can't see them in the group. I know you said that leagues are still also metagroups so teams will need to apply, but it'd be nice to see which teams have been made using a ruleset if possible Smile

1. Not currently. This will be added, both as a view of teams connected to a specific ruleset and also teams connected to a league.
2. If I understand what you are asking, then yes. Eventually you'll be able to actually use the "Custom" setting on the rosters and pick and choose which actual rosters to use. You will be able to add rosters from other rulesets to your own.
Christer

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2015 - 11:49
FUMBBL Staff

bghandras wrote:
An idea how to minimize your work, but maximize testing:
Pick 2 teams (could be existing, could be secret league, whatever), add them as a custom roster, and ask players to run a league on them, and test it. I would expect more and deeper testing results, and could help in advance when the big secret league stuff is coming (along with the alpha testig you are looking for). Just an idea. If it is still significant work, then forget it.

The testing required is not really about making teams that are part of a custom ruleset. That stuff is already being done as it is now (and I fixed a couple of bugs related to that already). The League division uses the custom roster feature as it is (to add Simyin).

What will need testing is for the new code that edits the rosters themselves. That code is only partially completed as it stands now.
 Jump to: